Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
Married_Him_@_Disney
A Disney Mom

Star Wars Weekend - Characater Line

Hi everyone, just curious if anyone has been able to use their GAC for the character autograph line (Star Wars Weekend Character Line)? I know typically it's not usable for characters (at least that's the way our pass gets stamped), but I saw on wdwinfo's website about the Star Wars Weekend character autograph line will have Fastpass.

From wdwinfo:
Disney's FASTPASS Service will be used for all Autograph sessions during Star Wars Weekends. A limited number of FASTPASS tickets are available. You will pick up your ticket with a scheduled autograph return time. You are free to enjoy the park until your FASTPASS autograph return time. At your designated time return to the autograph location. Each guest must be present to receive a FASTPASS. Once the tickets for an actor are gone, Disney will distribute a limited number of stand by tickets with a return time. See park guide for more details.

Upcoming Trips: November 2014 - Grand Floridian. . . January 2015 Cruising on the Dream and POFQ
Married_Him_@_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

People in the past have reported GACs were not in use for theses special meet and greets - they needed to use the same system of getting Fastpasses as other guests.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
People in the past have reported GACs were not in use for theses special meet and greets - they needed to use the same system of getting Fastpasses as other guests.
This had been our experience as well. If you want a celebrity autograph-you need a fastpass. To get that you need to campout well ahead of time.

For the "regular" meets (Jedi Mickey etc) , we have been told there is no accommodation for any of Star Wars meet and greets. The greets are often in the direct sun, so something we can't do.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Unfortunately the GAC won't work for the celebrities or the meet-and-greet characters
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

During the time that there are star-wars weekends, they have a special stamp that they put on all the GACs - it says explicitly that the GAC can't be used for character autographs.
dawnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnball View Post
During the time that there are star-wars weekends, they have a special stamp that they put on all the GACs - it says explicitly that the GAC can't be used for character autographs.
Have not seen that stamped. I have seen where you cannot use a GAC for Celebrity autographs.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Have not seen that stamped. I have seen where you cannot use a GAC for Celebrity autographs.
Ah, that may very well be the phrasing, since then they use the same stamp for soaps weekends (I think that's the other event I recall). I remember it was vague enough I wasn't sure what it meant, and was told it covered the special character lines for star wars weekend.

I've never tried to visit DS on any of the special weekends, so my terminology is probably a little skewed.
dawnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

GAC cannot be used for any Star Wars Weekends event.

I went to Town Hall over this past weekend to find out how to recover an item I lost on Space Mountain.

There was a man next to me with his son getting a GAC. They had put a stamp on it that said it can't be used at Star Wars Weekends events and he was busy arguing with them about it. I don't know the outcome, but he wanted that stamp OFF his GAC.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
GAC cannot be used for any Star Wars Weekends event.

I went to Town Hall over this past weekend to find out how to recover an item I lost on Space Mountain.

There was a man next to me with his son getting a GAC. They had put a stamp on it that said it can't be used at Star Wars Weekends events and he was busy arguing with them about it. I don't know the outcome, but he wanted that stamp OFF his GAC.
I doubt he was successful-they start using that stamp well before SWW and CP every year.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #10
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
I doubt he was successful-they start using that stamp well before SWW and CP every year.
I hope he wasn't. I thought it took quite a bit of nerve on his part. The CM was being so nice and patient with him.

During my own encounter, I did realize how demanding guests must be. When I told the CM about my lost item on Space Mountain, she very patiently and sympathetically explained to me that they couldn't shut the ride down during the day to retrieve it. I could have died of embarrassment on the spot. I would never, ever request or expect such a thing.

I know my face turned every shade of red when I realized that she thought I was asking her to do that. I can only guess that others have expected this to happen. She didn't comment on that (much to her credit) but the fact that she acted like it was so ordinary leads me to believe it.

BTW: What is CP?
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
I hope he wasn't. I thought it took quite a bit of nerve on his part. The CM was being so nice and patient with him.

During my own encounter, I did realize how demanding guests must be. When I told the CM about my lost item on Space Mountain, she very patiently and sympathetically explained to me that they couldn't shut the ride down during the day to retrieve it. I could have died of embarrassment on the spot. I would never, ever request or expect such a thing.

I know my face turned every shade of red when I realized that she thought I was asking her to do that. I can only guess that others have expected this to happen. She didn't comment on that (much to her credit) but the fact that she acted like it was so ordinary leads me to believe it.

BTW: What is CP?

Sorry CP=Candle Light Processional.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
Married_Him_@_Disney
A Disney Mom

Thanks everyone. . . we will try the fastpass route, as we typically do fastpass and avoid using the gac unless absolutely necessary. We are arriving the afternoon of the LAST day of Star Wars Weekends, so I was hoping it was possible. I think DS would love to just "see" them, even if we cannot actually wait in line. Really hoping to get there in time for the parade! I am sure it's going to be crazy on the last day!

Upcoming Trips: November 2014 - Grand Floridian. . . January 2015 Cruising on the Dream and POFQ
Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
lisaluvsmickey2000
Mouseketeer

I've been to several SWW...all of the FP's for the celebrities will be passed out at 8am that morning. Your best bet to get a glimpse of them will be by getting a good spot for the parade.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #14
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Married_Him_@_Disney View Post
Thanks everyone. . . we will try the fastpass route, as we typically do fastpass and avoid using the gac unless absolutely necessary. We are arriving the afternoon of the LAST day of Star Wars Weekends, so I was hoping it was possible. I think DS would love to just "see" them, even if we cannot actually wait in line. Really hoping to get there in time for the parade! I am sure it's going to be crazy on the last day!
You know the motorcade is at 11am right?
Old 05-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
Married_Him_@_Disney
A Disney Mom

Quote:
You know the motorcade is at 11am right?
Thanks - I did not realize it was that early. We are driving through the night, so maybe we can leave a bit earlier to try to make it there! Who needs sleep when Star Wars is waiting?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: