Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #2581
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

This is DD at her birthday party...(testing out my photobucket app)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aw, she's adorable!!!

Quote:

These are leading to a nice glass of Moscato for me tonight!! :-) stupid palm trees were a pain...but a dozen "beaches" for DS's luau at school tomorrow are done!

These look awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
read today is Friday...and I was like OMG I lost a day I worked late (callout at work) so we all slept late...in true speed racer fashion...we made it to school LIGHTSPEED (safely of course)

I am feeling quite WLish today

I'll stay 30 forever...my favorite age EVER!!
Pas it's Friday now!!! So far 30 has started off great!! A 3 day weekend and fresh ground Kona coffee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yay for early Fridays! But it'll be a piece of cake... you're a Disney gal. What's that saying, "Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional"? Being a Disney-fanatic, you've got that down-pat. Happy Birthday Eve!
Oh, that is so true!!! I am big "kid"! My favorite part of Disney movies is the beginning with the castle, fireworks and "when you wish upon a star"... my eyes water every time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
HAPPY, HAPPY 30TH!!!
30 is a great age to be!! Enjoy your birthday celebration!!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
WOOT!! Happy Birthday!! Turning 30 didn't bother me. It was turning 30, 2 months and 2 days before my DH that bothered me. He kept saying that he had to agree with what I wanted during that time because he had to respect his elders, and would offer to buy me Depends. In turn, I would offer to blend his food into baby food and buy him Huggies.
I feel much better with it now. I woke up sometime early this morning and thought "omg, I'm 30!!!"

Too funny!! My DH was teasing me all last night!! "You have just 1 1/2 hrs until your 30!!" Oh yeah, and he did mention that I would start wearing depends today. I quickly reminded him that he's going to be 35!!

Hi everyone else!! Happy Friday!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #2582
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Maybe start out at the GF spa, followed by the GF afternoon tea, and then spend the rest of it at the MK.
I like the spa and tea ideas!! And DTD is always good. :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #2583
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I caved and bought Photopass +. I figured since we are eating at Chef Mickey's and 1900PF, and my BFF will be taking DS on the thrill rides we will get our money's worth.
I LOVE PhotoPass+!!! Great deal if you do any of the character meals and/or the attraction pics.

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #2584
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post

Aw, she's adorable!!!

These look awesome!!!

Pas it's Friday now!!! So far 30 has started off great!! A 3 day weekend and fresh ground Kona coffee!!

Oh, that is so true!!! I am big "kid"! My favorite part of Disney movies is the beginning with the castle, fireworks and "when you wish upon a star"... my eyes water every time!!

Thank you!!

I feel much better with it now. I woke up sometime early this morning and thought "omg, I'm 30!!!"

Too funny!! My DH was teasing me all last night!! "You have just 1 1/2 hrs until your 30!!" Oh yeah, and he did mention that I would start wearing depends today. I quickly reminded him that he's going to be 35!!

Happy birthday!! Oooohh...Kona coffee!! The best!!

And yeah, DH and I both turn 36 this year. But he is still a few months older than I am, which I constantly remind him of.. :-)

Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #2585
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Hi Mama!!!! A wedding YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking at DL last night...is 3 days a long drive

She is...me thinks she is faking today, but an extra day is ok...she hasn't eaten anything but the pukies stopped I was a bad momma yesterday and got ice cream from he truck (cleverly stopped when the bus let off.....) I got her one...her poor belly. I kept apologizing, she said, I know Mommy, ice cream is bad for my belly but don't be sorry I WANTED IT SOOOOO BAD it's worth the tummyache

YAY!!! And BB are chchchangable!!!!

Even my picky DH likes Flametree

Oh me too...totally avoided the google

I told DH we should do Sweet 16 bday trips at Disney

Disney is our summer camp

Sorry you feel bad about snapping at DD, it happens...long day Momma, you're tired...the snacks make it better!!!

Awwww sis

So when we win.....the pups is totally coming to the compound
Jeanette Omg DL? As for the 3 day drive I would love to drive out to Cali, just think of all you will see on the way

Quote:
It's funny you say that, because that's exactly what I was thinking.

Honestly, if they had been cheaper, I think we would have had one last night. Last night, while we were eating dinner, the mil whisper to me across the table wanting to know how much they were. When I told her $275, she said that she couldn't do that right now. I said, "well we can see if we buy both if they'll come down a little and we can pay for one of them." I think she's really thinking about it. We'll get one sooner or later. Now I just know the key to getting a dog, while living here, is to try and get a shih tzu since my mil can't resist them.

If my brain would wake up, I could probably think of some more ideas. The only thing I can think of right now is to sit on the beach at the Poly, have some Lapu Lapus while watching the fireworks.

Wookie Sounds like a plan to me and $275 sounds like a bargain, My Bella cost me $2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
OMG that puppy is just ADORABLE!!! and I thought my pug was the cutest thing ever!!

Well I booked a carriage ride at 8 one night from POR

We have one day that we are sleeping in and swimming at our resort BWI, I figured we could walk over to Hurricane Hannahs @ BC for their lobster roll and rent a mouseboat for 30-45 min, then shower and head to DQ since we have free tickets (DH a gamer) and we have to meet

Booked behind the seeds tour at epcot (DH loves that sort of thing, Ill be bored but Ill paste a smile on my face, Im actually practicing now, lol)

I love the idea of the campfire at BC typically what time do they start? Maybe after that we can go get a few cocktails on the boardwalk

On our anniversary I have planned champagne, rose petals and tea lights

I decided for our last day I will surprise DH with Breakfast in bed from in room dining!

You guys are terrific thanks so much!!

You guys are amazing!!
Blue Room service breakfast at BW is good, it comes from Kouzzina's. We did it our last day in March and Dec made having to leave a little better

Quote:
I caved and bought Photopass +. I figured since we are eating at Chef Mickey's and 1900PF, and my BFF will be taking DS on the thrill rides we will get our money's worth.
Dani Definately worth it IMO

Quote:
That is absolutely the cutest little pup!!!! That kind of reminds me of my dog when she was a puppy. She turned 15 on Dec 15 and passed away on April 29...I miss her so much!! She was a Shih Tzu/Pekinese mix.
Dzny so sorry for your loss

Quote:
Aw, she's adorable!!!

These look awesome!!!

Thank you!!

Dzny I barely remember turning 30, just think in 30 years you will hit the big 60 like I did in March

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #2586
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday to all of you lovelies. What happened to this thread? It went CRAZY this morning!

Quote:
Wishing you a beautiful day today. Enjoy your birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Miss the one office I worked in had centipedes I hated the little buggers especially when the Orkin Man came To spray OMG out the came.
You mentioning that reminds me of when I moved the hose that's connected to our dehumidifier in the basement. As soon as I nudged it, one of those buggers came out of the drain and it was a good 3 or so inches long. Instead of running away from me... it ran TOWARD me!

Quote:
Miss & MM, we used to get some HUGE centipedes in our basement apt in Brooklyn... and they do move FAST!! One time DH was not home... there were 4 merrily zipping along on the walls... there was me spraying massively all the while being grossed out...finally stopped them in their tracks ... when DH came home he had to clean them off the walll... I simply couldn't not do it.!
Got shivers just reading that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Miss E - we have those nasty creepy crawlers. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw one. I was sure we were being invaded by aliens! Yuck!
They do look like aliens.

Quote:
The crickets are driving me nuts right now.
My parents' dog used to eat the crickets that found their way inside. My goober of a mutt? Nope. She runs in the opposite direction of creepy crawlies... unless, of course, it's a bumble-bee outside or a fly. If I could get her to go after centipedes, I'd be a happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So let me just start by saying .... no way I'm looking up any creepy crawly things on the internet .... hate bugs!!!
You are a wise one, indeed!

Quote:
Disney wedding now there's an idea .... only problem my future DDIL grew up very close to DL and really has no interest in anything Disney!!!
You've still got time to do the ol' full-court press!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Can't help but think of what I could have used that $$ for at Disney.
I think this too. Every time I look at our old windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay, one more update before bed! just got back from Fantasmic....we loved it!

Oh...and all the sets were up at HS for Star Wars starting tomorrow, so we were able to take pictures at most of them! It was so neat! I am going to try sprinting to sign the girls up for Jedi training on Sunday, they love that show.

That's it for now....hopefully I can update you all again soon!

Jen
I hope they get the training. Look forward to hearing all about it. So glad you guys enjoyed Fantasmic! Don't worry about the snapping thing -- we've all been there plenty of times.

Quote:
Just checking in from my bed. I'm crying my eyes out from The Office's finale. I've literally loved this show from the first episode, and I can't believe it is ending. I feel like I'm losing a group of friends. I know this is is totally lame. I'm going to finish crying now!
I never watched the U.S. one, but I bawled like a baby during the finale of the U.K. one.

Quote:
Very true...me? Make a change? Never! Hehehe.
Did you nab it?

Quote:
Quote:
You could call it Wicket!! :-)
Seconding this recommendation. Wicket! When I first scrolled down, I thought it was an Affenpinscher. How flippin' CUTE IS that puppy?! Got all appendages crossed for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
My QOTD - if you had 8 or so hours on property with two of your best girlfriends, how would u spend it? Most of the rest of our trip revolves around Epcot so looking for something different. Roughly I am thinking a couple hours at the spa followed by a trip to MK And lunch at BoG. But I am looking for other ideas. One GF is a Disney lover; the other not so much but she is super easy going. We all love to shop so maybe DD? Throw me some ideas!
Hmmm, if you're doing lunch at BOG, my suggestion of having tea at GF might be too much. I love the DTD idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
OMG that puppy is just ADORABLE!!! and I thought my pug was the cutest thing ever!!

Well I booked a carriage ride at 8 one night from POR

We have one day that we are sleeping in and swimming at our resort BWI, I figured we could walk over to Hurricane Hannahs @ BC for their lobster roll and rent a mouseboat for 30-45 min, then shower and head to DQ since we have free tickets (DH a gamer) and we have to meet

Booked behind the seeds tour at epcot (DH loves that sort of thing, Ill be bored but Ill paste a smile on my face, Im actually practicing now, lol)

I love the idea of the campfire at BC typically what time do they start? Maybe after that we can go get a few cocktails on the boardwalk

On our anniversary I have planned champagne, rose petals and tea lights

I decided for our last day I will surprise DH with Breakfast in bed from in room dining!

You guys are terrific thanks so much!!

You guys are amazing!!
Those are excellent plans!

Quote:
picturing trampoline netting...'course we may still end up in the grapes, but hey we wouldn't fall out ...
Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #2587
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning .... we're still talking about bugs????

Did someone say DL???? I say yes .... Diva trip next Feb/Mar .... just imagine 65++ women in matching cute tee shirts, picture in front of the castle with everyone wearing a tiara .... and it looks like this year they're adding a pub crawl with everyone in an ORANGE shirt!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #2588
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Happy Birthday!!

On his birthday, you should get him an "old man kit" which could include Depends, a walking cane, and brochures about hearing aids, a Life Alert (you know the I've fallen and can't get up thing), and the little blue pill (not sure if the name of the drug will get me in trouble or not here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Wookie Sounds like a plan to me and $275 sounds like a bargain, My Bella cost me $2000
I thought it was too. I know my sister was going to pay at least $1,500 for an Irish Wolfhound puppy. The mil is just worried about money right now since they are looking at around $10K to fix all of the bathtubs/showers in the house. I did offer to pay for the dog, but I know she was thinking, "well if they can spend that on a dog, they can just give it to us for the showers/bathtubs.

Quote:
My parents' dog used to eat the crickets that found their way inside. My goober of a mutt? Nope. She runs in the opposite direction of creepy crawlies... unless, of course, it's a bumble-bee outside or a fly. If I could get her to go after centipedes, I'd be a happy camper.
Sounds like another reason we need one.

Quote:
Seconding this recommendation. Wicket! When I first scrolled down, I thought it was an Affenpinscher. How flippin' CUTE IS that puppy?! Got all appendages crossed for you...
I know, right? The male looks just like the female with the front two paws being white as well.

Quote:

Did someone say DL???? I say yes .... Diva trip next Feb/Mar .... just imagine 65++ women in matching cute tee shirts, picture in front of the castle with everyone wearing a tiara .... and it looks like this year they're adding a pub crawl with everyone in an ORANGE shirt!!!
The Diva trips sound like so much fun!! I would love to attend one one day.

Well one of the techs forgot a part this morning and I had to take it to him. I had to drive right past the Vet we used to take our dog, Bug, to. Almost a year later, and I still can't drive past that building without crying. Maybe it's better we don't get a dog yet. He's the only vet I would trust with one of our pets, and since I can't drive past the building without tears, I know I won't be able to handle walking into it yet. Then to top off my wonderful morning, Nathan Fillion, the guy I wanted to see most this weekend, just canceled. We bought tickets for Sunday, because it was the only day he was doing a Q&A. Now I'm trying to see if we can exchange them for Saturday. I asked on the Con's FB page, but they deleted it from their wall, so hopefully they answer the message I sent. At this point, I really don't have any interest in going on Sunday, other than to get my mom the autograph I promised her. Ugh!! Maybe since today has been so icky, we'll win the Powerball tomorrow night, or at least I can wish.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 05-17-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #2589
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

We used PP+ last year, and I have yet to upload and pics But I like that I can get shots of us without having to bring my camera since it is just the kids and I.....can't imagine bringing my big heavy camera.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #2590
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
basket - do we overlap at all??? 9/29-10/2???

And yes, I think DTD is a great idea!!!

My BFF and I are going to keep to a pretty tight schedule, especially since we've got the Halloween Party, but we will really be focusing in Epcot for Food & Wine!
We miss you by two days! We are coming in on the 4th! We are bringing the husbands with us but they are planning at least one day of golf.
Quote:
Definitely DTD can be enjoyed by all!!! Lunch at Kona or GF café with a monorail ride
Quote:
Maybe start out at the GF spa, followed by the GF afternoon tea, and then spend the rest of it at the MK.
Thanks for the ideas! Keep em coming!
Quote:
TGIF Peeps!!

Miss & MM, we used to get some HUGE centipedes in our basement apt in Brooklyn... and they do move FAST!! One time DH was not home... there were 4 merrily zipping along on the walls... there was me spraying massively all the while being grossed out...finally stopped them in their tracks ... when DH came home he had to clean them off the walll... I simply couldn't not do it.!
I used to not kill them - I'd wait for dh or ds. But, if I didn't kill them, they were still in the house! EWWWW
Quote:
We loved having PP+ last year. My kids had a blast trying to do funny faces in the ride photos.
Quote:

That sounds like a dream trip!!!!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #2591
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
We used PP+ last year, and I have yet to upload and pics But I like that I can get shots of us without having to bring my camera since it is just the kids and I.....can't imagine bringing my big heavy camera.
I still have some from my Nov-Dec trip I need to upload and. Am sitting here waiting for UPS Man to bring me my new camera

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #2592
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

No luck on snagging the BOG ADR. :-( I checked like 5 minutes after she said she canceled it. And checked website and called. Nothing...

Rats. :-(

Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #2593
DznyCrzy11

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!!! It's been a great day so far! Being 30 isn't so bad after all!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #2594
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!!! It's been a great day so far! Being 30 isn't so bad after all!!
Happy birthday!!! I turn 30 next year and I'm in total panic mode lol
Old 05-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #2595
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Happy birthday!!! I turn 30 next year and I'm in total panic mode lol
Thank you!! It's not that bad at all!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: