Your review of the tour was great but now I'm thinking that it doesn't really live up to the description and there's certainly somethings missing from what you received.
From the DCL site:
On this tour you will:
Important Additional Information
- If you ever wanted to experience a taste of Mexico's traditional tequila, Discover Mexico Park is the perfect setting for this experience. Start you tour with a short 5-minute transfer to the Discover Mexico Park. Here you will take an approximate 20-minute self-guided tour of the Museum and view an immersive video collage that takes you to different corners of this marvelous country.
- Admire handcrafts fashioned by native artisans in the onsite museum and trace the evolution of Mexico's ancient civilization as you tour replicas of Chichén Itzá and other pyramids and reproductions of grand monuments and cathedrals.
- Next you will be delighted with a sample presentation of several different white and aged tequilas of surpassing quality, including tequila crème and liquor. You will learn the history of tequila and the process of this spirit that has been made for centuries. You will return an expert on the subject!
- During your Taco Buffet lunch, experience 6 completely homemade salsas and learn how to make margaritas from scratch! Included in your lunch are 3 beverages (margaritas, sodas or beer.)
- After your lunch, watch a live Papantla Flyers presentation in the courtyard.
- At the completion of your tour, take the short drive back to the pier.
- Lunch includes: Tinga tacos (beef), Cochinita pibil tacos (pork), Chorizo and potato tacos and 6 different salsas. Beverages include: Tequilas: anejo, reposado, blanco, cream of tequila, soda, margarita, beer and bottled water.
so no 20 minute self guided tour, no tequila creme to try, no (included) margarita's, I didn't see 6 salsa's and 3 kinds of tacos, and no Papantla Flyers presentation?
The DCL site also shows a very different room for the tequila tasting (with a short height, long table). Not only is my mother in a wheelchair but both my dad and I are just over 5 feet tall (well, I'm 5" and he's about 5"3) so the high tables would not work well for us either (nor do I want my mother to be separate from the two of us.....
Maybe this isn't the right tour for us