Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #76
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

What fun! I'm glad you finally made it over there. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in a few movies or tv shows. Do they make the hot dogs there? I'm just wondering what makes them so good.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #77
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Do they have chicken or turkey dogs?
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #78
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
OMG! That's just.....just........OMG!!

Off to Google to see if I can factor a trip to Pink's in September.

Hmmm.....need to work out how to feed a pesky vegetarian!
Veggies and cheese in a bun???

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #79
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
What fun! I'm glad you finally made it over there. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in a few movies or tv shows. Do they make the hot dogs there? I'm just wondering what makes them so good.
I think they special order them from a place and have their own "secret" recipe. I know that they use natural casings so that they have a "pop" when you bite into them. I think it's a combo of the quality dogs and awesome toppings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Do they have chicken or turkey dogs?
Yes they do have turkey dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Veggies and cheese in a bun???
No, it's a vegetarian dog. No cheese, vegans don't eat any animal products, so I think it was like onions and tomatoes and guacamole.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #80
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for turkey dogs! I'm in!

The vegan dog could be soy like a nice burger is...
Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #81
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I've only been to Hollywood once before and I remember our tour guide pointing out Pinks

If I had known there was a veggie dog I would have forced him to stop the tour bus!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #82
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

Hmmm.....need to work out how to feed a pesky vegetarian!

I just loved this - so funny.

My dearest Elvis Costello Alison ,

Your TRs and PTRs make me feel like I'm back in university and I'm totally behind and procrastinating. One day I will feel like I'm not always catching up. One day.

You are simply trip central.

I'm so jealous that you're going to be with Ms. Bobbi!!!

Okay, going to catch up.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #83
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Welcome to another
This might be a good night to visit Jelly Rolls after F!
Nice! I went for the first time this year. No clue, considering I love the BW area, why except that I'm always on a very strict budget. I JUST LOVED IT!

Have fun!

Quote:
aw shucks,
Crap! Missed your birthday. I'm going to PM you my name so that I can be on FB with you - if you want that - so that I will never miss it again!

Hope it was wonderful Alison.

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]So if you've read the first post you know one of the events we are planning during our stay is a potluck cookout on Saturday October 5th. We have a good deal of the menu nailed down, but I haven't posted it yet since we may have a few more additions and haven't quite figured out all the details.

]
OMG, killing me! How I wish I was Samantha Stevens and could wiggle my nose. HOLY YUM for sure - oh and your company is nice, too!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #84
franandaj

Quote:
Woohoo for turkey dogs! I'm in!

The vegan dog could be soy like a nice burger is...
Are you guys going to go to Hollywood when you come out here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I've only been to Hollywood once before and I remember our tour guide pointing out Pinks

If I had known there was a veggie dog I would have forced him to stop the tour bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post

I just loved this - so funny.

My dearest Elvis Costello Alison ,

Your TRs and PTRs make me feel like I'm back in university and I'm totally behind and procrastinating. One day I will feel like I'm not always catching up. One day.

You are simply trip central.

I'm so jealous that you're going to be with Ms. Bobbi!!!

Okay, going to catch up.
Finally I am trip central. After years and years of canceling trips, I'm so glad to finally be taking them again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Nice! I went for the first time this year. No clue, considering I love the BW area, why except that I'm always on a very strict budget. I JUST LOVED IT!

Have fun!

Crap! Missed your birthday. I'm going to PM you my name so that I can be on FB with you - if you want that - so that I will never miss it again!

Hope it was wonderful Alison.

OMG, killing me! How I wish I was Samantha Stevens and could wiggle my nose. HOLY YUM for sure - oh and your company is nice, too!
We used to always go to Jelly Rolls, now we haven't been in forever.

Sent the friend request!

I had to think there long and hard....Samantha Stevens

I'm glad you made it on board Lisa!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #85
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

I'm on Facebook too!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #86
franandaj

Quote:
I'm on Facebook too!
OK, request sent. I can't believe you're friends with my Palo server too!

Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #87
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OK, request sent. I can't believe you're friends with my Palo server too!
He was our server before he worked at palo!!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #88
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Ooh I hope you like it there. We have enjoyed it the last 2 times and will probably book it again in December.
The cookout menu looks good.
I loved Pinks when I lived out there.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #89
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Ooh I hope you like it there. We have enjoyed it the last 2 times and will probably book it again in December.
The cookout menu looks good.
I loved Pinks when I lived out there.
When did you live out here? What area did you live in?

Old 05-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #90
franandaj

So this isn't an update for the trip that this report is about, but if you notice in my signature, the next ticker is for the D23 Expo. I'll be doing a full blown Trip Report for that trip, but I won't start that until about the week beforehand. Until then when they leak small tidbits of information, I'll talk about it here.

Now PIO, I know that this is yet another event that you will see my pictures and tell me that as nice as the pictures are, you would really like to hear the event! However, for those who will be there, this should prove to be one heck of an amazing performance. Separately each of these guys have been amazing. With them together, there will not be a dry eye in the house!

For one night only, two of the world’s most celebrated songwriters and composers will take to the stage for “Richard M. Sherman and Alan Menken: The Disney Songbook.” The concert will take place at the D23 Expo 2013 at the Anaheim Convention Center in the D23 Expo Arena on Saturday, August 10.

Together Sherman and Menken have won a combined 10 Academy Awards for their work with Disney, and have composed music and songs for more than three dozen Disney feature films, over two dozen Disney Park attractions, and half a dozen Disney musicals on Broadway.

“I can’t express how excited I am that my esteemed friend Alan Menken and I will be sharing the same bill for the very first time,” said Sherman. “Alan is an incredible talent, and I know we’re both thrilled to be performing for Disney’s most ardent fans—they’re the best and I can’t wait to be a part of what promises to be a very special night for all of us.”

“Richard Sherman and I share so many things; our cherished association with The Walt Disney Company, the blessing of having the opportunity to share our musical talents with “children of all ages” and a genuine mutual admiration—but one thing we’ve never gotten to share is a concert stage,” said Menken. “This summer at the D23 Expo 2013, we will do just that. And I can’t think of anyone I’d prefer to share that stage with. Richard, along with his brother Robert, wrote songs that filled my formative years with joy and fantasy. And, all these years later, I can say with complete honesty that there is no one I’ve met in our business who is more warm and generous than my friend and fellow songwriter, Richard Sherman.

Admission to the concert will be on a first-come, first-served basis and is included in the price of a ticket to the D23 Expo. In addition to the 4,000-seat D23 Expo Arena, the concert will be simulcast into a 2,000-seat overflow theater inside the Convention Center.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: