Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
jennileigh
Earning My Ears

I am going on my first 4 day cruise (with my mom) in years in September... Growing up my family used to do the Big Red Boat when Disney was apart of it.. I'm worried 4 days isn't going to be enough time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who books and plans in advance. My friends always laugh at me for booking my vacation so far in advance - but it gives me time to pay it off. Went to Hawaii on NCL and booked it 1 1/2 years before we left. Gave me pleanty of time to make my monthly payments..

My September trip actually started out with us paying for it.. Realized that I could use my DVC points to book and ended up using that - with enough to stay 4 days at WDW after the cruise!! I love DVC - the best thing my family did. We havent lost a point yet...

I am already planning my next cruise with Disney - thinking the 7 day Fantasy next year or even 2015.. Going to wait to book it on board.. Totaly could use the OBC.. And the time to pay it off!!

On a side note - this site is addictive.. Since finding and joining I am on at least once a day and have learned sooooo much!! Makes the waiting for Septemeber soo hard..

DVC: Saratoga Springs / Animal Kingdom Villas
Cruise: Wonder 9/2000 - Dream 9/2013
Hotels: Aulani, Treehouse Villas, Saratoga Springs, Disneyland Hotel, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, All Star Movies, Sports and Music.
jennileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Darkwing,
Sorta SUB thread but with regard to saving/paying for next cruise:

What is the significance of paying in full every month on the Disney Visa? Do we not get points if we don't??? We are working on closing down a different one and so we have been diverting most of our income into that one to close it. We have been keeping up with payments regularly on the Disney Chase, but with our cruise booked last month and the incidentals and then putting as much of our every day gas and groceries on it, we are not able to pay both of them down and pay on the Chase IN FULL each month. Are we not getting points for using it even if we are keeping up with well more than the minimum, but not in full???

Now I'm super concerned!!!
Don't need to be Super Concerned

You will still get your points regardless of whether you pay off your Disney Visa or not each month . My only recommendation to the OP was to pay their Visa off each month, so they wouldn't be paying credit card intrest which could negatively off set set what they would be getting in Disney Points/Dollars. Any Disney cruise/vacation deposits will get you 6 month no intrest, but you will have to pay these off with in that 6 month window along with your monthly monthly charges. Hope that makes sense.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Gotcha. So it was from an advice standpoint to the OP, you use it for things you would use for your debit card and then pay it off at the end of each month and owe nothing, and still get all your points. Capiche!

Kinda wish we would have gotten premier but getting him to take out ANY account for our impromptu cruise was a big step!

Come on disney dollars!
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Gotcha. So it was from an advice standpoint to the OP, you use it for things you would use for your debit card and then pay it off at the end of each month and owe nothing, and still get all your points. Capiche!

Kinda wish we would have gotten premier but getting him to take out ANY account for our impromptu cruise was a big step!

Come on disney dollars!
Si...

We did the Premier card when it first came out, Disney had a promotion to sign up for the card, where you got 5% on Disney charges for 3 or 6 months (can't remember which), we booked a couple of cruises & paid off one, so the Disney Reward dollars added fast. We also use to pay our DDs college tuition (pay it off from their college fund), while we don't get double, it's still a large $#
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #20
buzzntink2
Earning My Ears

That is what happened to us! We took a 5 night double dip on the Dream in the summer of 2012 and are now saving for a 7 night on the Fantasy for 2014. We are hooked and love all things Disney!!
buzzntink2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: