Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #1261
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Darn it Goofy! Look this way!

Abby was so cute. She loved the parade.

Whats coming next?

Well its Terk and Timon. Do you see Terks necklace?

OH NO! It Broke!!!!!! I have no clue what happened, but in a blink of an eye it just went flying everywhere.

Poor Terk.

Claire felt so bad for her.

She cheered up fast though and posed for us.

Timon could not be outdone.

We got kisses from him.

Donald!!!!!!

Its snowing! It doesnt take much to impress me.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #1262
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Seeing Disney through a child’s eyes ….so wonderful.

Bye Mickey!!!!!

Geoff, Aunt Mary, Pete and Vicki were standing at a different spot and here are a few of Geoff’s pictures. They were before us in the parade route.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #1263
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Seeing Disney through a child’s eyes ….so wonderful.

This photo says so much.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #1265
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Seeing Disney through a child’s eyes ….so wonderful.

Jen, this picture sums it up beautifully.

I don't know why, but it always seems your is the TR that I am furthest behind on.

In any event, I'm caught up now.

You got some great pictures of the lobby at the Beach Club. Sorry to hear about the bus mojo.

Love the safari pictures; and, just so you know (as I told Cynthia on her report) you can NEVER have TOO MANY pictures of giraffes.

What awesome parade pictures. One of the things I am most looking forward to during our December trip is going to the AK as we missed it last December. And I'm going to insist that we stay for the parade!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #1266
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, this picture sums it up beautifully.

I don't know why, but it always seems your is the TR that I am furthest behind on.

In any event, I'm caught up now.

You got some great pictures of the lobby at the Beach Club. Sorry to hear about the bus mojo.

Love the safari pictures; and, just so you know (as I told Cynthia on her report) you can NEVER have TOO MANY pictures of giraffes.

What awesome parade pictures. One of the things I am most looking forward to during our December trip is going to the AK as we missed it last December. And I'm going to insist that we stay for the parade!
I like giraffe pictures too. Something about them is so beautiful to see.
I am really trying to take in new things and seeing new things at the parks. it doesn't always work that way, but I like to try.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #1267
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After the parade the girls wanted to go on Everest again. It was a new favorite for both of them. Rob, Claire, Alexis and I headed that way once again. As we walked, we ran into Geoff, Mary, Pete and Vicki. We said hellos and I asked Geoff and Pete if they wanted to join us and neither really knew what we were talking about, so I point towards Everest and they said yes and followed along. The girls were all excited to have fresh meat ride with us and were talking a mile a minute about the ride, explaining just how scary it is.
This time we had a little bit of a wait, so I took pictures as we walked through the queue.

It wasn't too bad of a wait and soon we were ready to roll. This picture is REALLY bad, but so funny. Pete was acting all scared and both he and Geoff were asking me what I had gotten them in to.

We laughed and screamed and had a great time. It was really funny listening to Geoff and Pete behind us scream like girls!

We survived though!

It was now time for Claire and I to leave. She was disappointed and really wanted to ride Everest again. I believe Rob and Alexis got back in line and that was a touchy subject for a bit, but I reminded her that we would be back again this trip, but this was Alexiss only day to be at AK. We had an ADR to get to and another meet later in the evening. I had not heard a word from the Beach Club yet, but we were hoping our room was ready so we could change before dinner.

We headed to the bus stop and arrived there just a few minutes before 5.

While we headed off for our next adventure, the rest of the family stayed at AK.

I believe that Pete and Vicki headed off to find Katie and family and the rest hit up Dinoland USA. Here are a few pictures from Geoff's camera to document what they did.

I believe Rob and Alexis were still on Everest at this point, but Gail and Abby went for the triceratops spin.

That was fun!

They then got in line to meet up with Santa Goofy and Pluto.

Crazy kid ......with creepy eyes.

Alexis and Rob made it back in time to join the fun.

Notice that Abby has a death grip on Goofys leg.

Time to pry her off of him.

Group shot.

I have to say I am disappointed in the photopass pictures. They didn't take any pictures of the interaction at all.

Now I am not sure what they all did after that. I am thinking that Gails family might have stayed a little longer, but Mom, Dad, Geoff and Mary might have left around this time.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #1268
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Gail has these photopass pictures, which appear to be dusk and I assume she had them taken when they were exciting the park.

Here are a few of Geoff's pictures of them exiting the park. Being that it looks a little lighter in his pics, I am thinking they left before Gail's family.

I have no idea what my Dad is doing here. Always the life of the party.

Claire and I left you off where Claire and I had made it to the bus stop. The bus came fairly quickly and within 15-20 minutes we were back at the Beach Club and were given our room number. YAY! But I did once again mention that I never received a text. I got the deer in the headlights stare. Almost like they never knew they were supposed to. Well then why tell me that you are going to then?
By the way, Gail was staying at Art of Animation and received her text very early in the day that her room was ready. For some reason, the resorts just dont like me I guess.

We made our way over to the villas and started grabbing luggage to take to our room.

Once again we had a very far back room. I honestly could never figure out exactly where we were in the building. I will have to look at a room map (and remember my room number) to find exactly where we were. There were a lot of twists and turns to get to it.

Once we got all the luggage I called Mom to let her know the room number. I just got her voicemail though.
I then took a few quick pictures.

Mom and Dads bed.

Our view to the left.

Our view to the right.

And straight out.

I think we were looking at the road that goes around the Beach and Yacht Club, or a service road that led out to it, but I never did find out for sure.

We got ourselves changed. It was really cooling down and I did the one thing I NEVER do at Disney. I put jeans on. I am always of the thought that it has to be warmer here than home, but today, it wasnt and I knew once the sun was gone, it was going to get darn chilly. I think only on one other trip have I actually worn jeans at the parks and that when the temps dipped into the 40s. I am usually ok with shorts and a sweatshirt.

Once we were changed and freshened up we headed towards Epcot.

It had gotten dark out pretty fast. Claire was very impressed that we could actually walk to Epcot. I explained that we were special and had a back door entrance. LOL. Ok it sounds good to a 7 year old.

We didn't get too far in and I was in for a major shock. I have NEVER seen crowds like this in my life at Disney. It was wall to wall people. It was almost scary. We merged in with the people and soon spotted a photopass photographer and I asked for a picture. She rudely informed me she was done for the night. Ok then. I guess she had a long busy day herself. She did tell me there was another one just a bit down, so Claire and I went to her. She told me she was also done for the night, but she did take a couple of real quick pictures for us.

We then made our way to Norway. I had originally planned to take it leisurely and take pictures, etc., but that wasn't going to happen. It was just too darn crowded. I grabbed Claires hand and we went on our way. It took forever to get there. I couldn't walk fast because people would just walk right in front of you, or stop suddenly. I think we ran into quite a few people on our trek over there. And then we got a group of scooters who were NOT allowing people to pass them. It was so frustrating. We did eventually make it over to Norway and had a seat. We had a little bit of time before our ADR time and we just rested and chilled out.

I think we may have called Skip and I texted a few people, including my Mom to let her know our room number since she hadn't called back. I think Claire was a little bored there, but we just couldnt really do anything else with so many people there. I guess they were all trying to get in the last little bit of the Food and Wine festival.

Last edited by jenseib; 05-18-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #1269
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our view to the left.

I think we were looking at the road that goes around the Beach and Yacht Club, or a service road that led out to it, but I never did find out for sure.

I think you had an EPCOT view. That little path right there will take you out to the super secret gate that is right by the hill leading to the IG.

If it was Friday night or even Sat night Epcot durning F & W get a bit nutty but great for people watching if you have no where inparticular to be.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #1270
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I think you had an EPCOT view. That little path right there will take you out to the super secret gate that is right by the hill leading to the IG.

If it was Friday night or even Sat night Epcot durning F & W get a bit nutty but great for people watching if you have no where inparticular to be.
Wow, who knew? I know one night we heard the marathon events going on very clearly. almost like they were in the room with us.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #1271
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates again, Jen (and I'm on time this go round).

Love the photos with Santa Goofy and Pluto, and the family photopass pics (but the little one doesn't look very happy).

You are not the only one who hasn't gotten a text. That happened to us at OKW last year and it was 8:30 when I went to the desk and they looked at me as if I had two heads when I said I never got the text.

I think your description of the crowds is what keeps us away from going during F&W...I just don't want to deal with the crowds or the drunks.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #1272
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates again, Jen (and I'm on time this go round).

Love the photos with Santa Goofy and Pluto, and the family photopass pics (but the little one doesn't look very happy).

You are not the only one who hasn't gotten a text. That happened to us at OKW last year and it was 8:30 when I went to the desk and they looked at me as if I had two heads when I said I never got the text.

I think your description of the crowds is what keeps us away from going during F&W...I just don't want to deal with the crowds or the drunks.
Abby was iffy for some pictures. I think she wanted ones with characters only.

I have to let you know I am almost to that "special" meet I had this day. I think you know who I am talking about. Just a few more updates.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #1273
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I agree with Poolrat. I looked at Google Earth and it looks like you were on far right of the building, facing Epcot. The little road you see is probably the one that leads from BC to Boardwalk, and across from there is the backstage area of Canada and the Millenium building (is that the name? The big convention center between UK and Canada).
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #1274
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

:O( sad the cruise is over but yeah to WDW.
Funny about the Valentine’s Day comment.
Beach Club is so pretty. One day I will stay there. I tried for December but it was all booked up.
I cannot wait to see the Christmas decorations in December. So excited.
I love Crocs, they are ugly but so comfortable.
I love when the animals come close to the vehicle.
I did not know there were 2 lionesses.
WOW did you see zebras.
LOL. It does look like the dino is going potty.
Glad Claire went on EE. Fun ride.
Great you saw the Christmas parade.
Your room looked nice.
Great updates and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #1275
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I agree with Poolrat. I looked at Google Earth and it looks like you were on far right of the building, facing Epcot. The little road you see is probably the one that leads from BC to Boardwalk, and across from there is the backstage area of Canada and the Millenium building (is that the name? The big convention center between UK and Canada).
Interesting. i wish we had more time to explore and see exactly where we were located. I must say I felt constantly rushed this trip and never got to do all I wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
:O( sad the cruise is over but yeah to WDW.
Funny about the Valentine’s Day comment.
Beach Club is so pretty. One day I will stay there. I tried for December but it was all booked up.
I cannot wait to see the Christmas decorations in December. So excited.
I love Crocs, they are ugly but so comfortable.
I love when the animals come close to the vehicle.
I did not know there were 2 lionesses.
WOW did you see zebras.
LOL. It does look like the dino is going potty.
Glad Claire went on EE. Fun ride.
Great you saw the Christmas parade.
Your room looked nice.
Great updates and pics.
The Beach Club does book up fast. I am so glad we did get to stay there and try it out. I knew that it would go fast and started looking right away, but I did put it off longer than I should have because of the price.
I love when the animals come close to the vehicles too. It's just so neat to see them up close.
We really loved EE. One of Claire's favorites right now..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: