Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
tentaguasu
Mouseketeer

Carsland, Star Wars Land, Avatarland - What is Disney capable of doing?

I'm excited an anxious to see new things at Disney - I really want to have the joy of discovering new and exciting things so I'm amped up every time I hear about Carsland, or Star Wars land, or Avatarland - all of which are either announced (Avatarland) or seemingly credible/logical (Starwars Land).

The Studios needs some serious redos (according to most people) and Carsland makes sense. Star Wars Land - or at least some major starwars attractions, restaurants, etc. seem like a no-brainer given the new movies and enduring popularity of the franchise. And Avatarland seems to be moving forward despite the haters (I'm not one).

Yet... Can Disney do all of this? They just spent half a billion on Fantasyland and I take it the spent something like triple that on FP+.

I can't see them NOT doing some variation of all three (cars/SW/avatar) yet that seems like crazy cash investment in a short time frame.

Those of you who have a better sense of what Disney can and can't (or will and won't do) from a financial perspective, what do you foresee - can all of this happen soon (e.g. next 5 years)? If not, what stays and what goes?
tentaguasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: