Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #31
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I love it! You're right. It's like when I was a kid and found out there is no Santa I don't wanna know!
I agree!!! My dumb husband ruined the characters for me last cruise. He kept pointing out the CMs portraying the princesses. Oh look, that's Snow White wearing a polo shirt. Oh look that's Cinderella wearing cargo pants. I wouldn't have even noticed them unless he pointed them out. Totally ruined the magic. I was mad.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #32
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post

I agree!!! My dumb husband ruined the characters for me last cruise. He kept pointing out the CMs portraying the princesses. Oh look, that's Snow White wearing a polo shirt. Oh look that's Cinderella wearing cargo pants. I wouldn't have even noticed them unless he pointed them out. Totally ruined the magic. I was mad.
My husband did something similar on our first trip. He asked one of the princesses a question that couldn't be answered while in character and the minute it came out of his mouth I wanted ti smack him because we were at CRT with tables containing little kids on either side. He has since learned and part of it is the fact that he is a self-diagnosed Aspie(everyone that knows him agrees) so he honestly didn't see anything wrong with asking the question until it was explained to him that it wasn't okay to ask questions about backstage type matters.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
lizzi6692 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #33
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzi6692

Crush is controlled by a CM not a computer, not sure where you heard differently but the information is incorrect. And actual CM can hear what you say and then responds to you, just like Monster's Inc Laugh Floor.
Those Monsters improv dudes are a total crack up. A small concession for closing our favorite comedy warehouse! Toopid Disney what were they thinking. Anyway Buddy Boyle at night is my total fave. Soooo funny. Marty is cute n SamnElla are a yuckyuck too.

I think some of them must have been DJs in former lives. Quick n hilarious.

Love em all. crush, buddy boyle. They just don't get the credit they deserve hiding behind our fave characters. Thanks nameless CM dudes, you so totally rock.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #34
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

off topic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Wow, he's good! I can't see "through" all the makeup of a princess to know what they might look like in normal life. Common theme for me, though; I met my oldest friend's maid of honor while she was gussied up...for a period of years she was an anchorperson on TV in CA, and before that she was a beauty queen. She really intimidated me until we shared a room during my friend's bachelorette weekend and I saw the woman without her makeup, only to see that she was totally and completely normal looking. I wanted to ask her "how did you know you'd look like THAT with all that makeup on?" but couldn't figure out how that could come out right.

So I'm impressed your husband could figure that out.

During a kid's club Open House we walked up too quietly on two CMs dancing. It was an odd sort of dance for a kid's club CM, and when they saw us they were giggling and embarrassed. That night my cousin, her husband, and I were wandering the ship and peeked into the white-sofa'd dance club, and saw two women in small outfits and cowboy hats, and two men, all up on the stage dancing. We were uncomfortable and left, and later I realized that the dance the women were doing was just the same as the dance the two pretty young CMs were practicing. Coincidence?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: