Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #76
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
I make it a point to not get in pissing contest with skunks...because you both end up stinking...buh-bye!
Really? If you don't want to debate, don't make comments on a discussion forum, and also don't refer to people as skunks simply because they have different opinions than yours.

And you complain about condescending!
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #77
Minnies Boy Toy
Keeping an eye out for Mickey....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
I make it a point to not get in pissing contest with skunks...because you both end up stinking...buh-bye!
Good idea. This way it is just your argument, not you, that stinks.
Minnies Boy Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #78
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

I'm a little late to the party here, but since when does having a business degree give you complete insight into a business? I have no idea what goes on internally at Disney, and I'm working on an MBA. Sure, I'd like stuff cheaper, but I'm still paying. And judging by the crowds when I visit the parks, other people are too.

WDW in Pearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #79
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
Agreed. Blame your neighbors, blame your co-workers, blame your in-laws. It is Disney adapting to our culture, not Disney trying to bend everyone over.
Cool...I like that part!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #80
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio
Perhaps the thread title could be changed so that people wouldn't rant about this issue without knowing that the rumor was incorrect.
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #81
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

You can argue all day as to why Disney is so crowded. I would imagine that there are as many reasons as there are opinions. That doesn't mean that a single person's perception of value is wrong. It is actually very correct for that person.

I guess that my point is that I don't see the point in going on about how successful Disney is and therefore that must mean that they are right and all of their critics are wrong. All of that is meaningless when it comes to Internet discussions.

Disney is certainly doing well and that is a good thing for them and their stockholders. I do keep wondering why so many people have so much money nowadays though. I guess that I'm just a wee bit envious.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #82
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
You can argue all day as to why Disney is so crowded. I would imagine that there are as many reasons as there are opinions. That doesn't mean that a single person's perception of value is wrong. It is actually very correct for that person.

I guess that my point is that I don't see the point in going on about how successful Disney is and therefore that must mean that they are right and all of their critics are wrong. All of that is meaningless when it comes to Internet discussions.

Disney is certainly doing well and that is a good thing for them and their stockholders. I do keep wondering why so many people have so much money nowadays though. I guess that I'm just a wee bit envious.
I have to believe that part of it is the fact that so many families had to put off big vacations for the last several years and now they are finally able to go. That doesn't mean that these families a going to be back again in a year or they end up not being able to return for several more years. Time will tell.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #83
respmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonorailLime View Post
It's not Disney's fault. It's the change in Guest Demographic. Disney gets scammed every day on kids who could pass for 2 years and 11 months when they are really free. Just like Guest Assistance Cards, this was a courtesy (yes, I know GAC's aren't a courtesy but rather a "reasonable accommodation") that is being abused by a small number of Guests, but recently has seen a spike in disputes over a child's age (as Disney has been pressuring GAC's to be used for their true purpose - disabilities that may be NON-apparent and aren't able to be accommodated by other means such as wheelchairs or ECV's). How does Disney ensure fairness to ALL Guests with young children while still dealing with scammers, liars, and thieves?

It's unfortunate that honest people are suffering thanks to it, but this is the result in a change of society, and how Disney chooses to react to it.
How about showing proof of age like a bc? You should be traveling with it to get on the plane anyways....
respmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #84
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by respmom View Post
How about showing proof of age like a bc? You should be traveling with it to get on the plane anyways....
You only need proof of age on a plane if you're traveling on an age specific fare (like a lap child or an infant fare). DD flew with us in March, but we just bought her a regular seat (we wanted her in a seat and the lowest fare happened to be one that was not age restricted). We did not have to show her birth certificate at any point.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #85
respmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post

You only need proof of age on a plane if you're traveling on an age specific fare (like a lap child or an infant fare). DD flew with us in March, but we just bought her a regular seat (we wanted her in a seat and the lowest fare happened to be one that was not age restricted). We did not have to show her birth certificate at any point.
I know I just always bring the kids just in case lol!
respmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #86
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

I would be perfectly fine showing proof of age for my children. I don't want to lie in front of my children or encourage them to lie. But I know this is not the popular opinion other places. I am part of an online moms group and there was a poll recently about whether you would lie to get your child into things for free/cheaper price. Almost every single person said they had no problem lying as long as they thought they could get away with it.

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: