Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #25
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio
Not that I want to resurrect thus train wreck, but you might want to read more of this thread as there was an expert on this issue in the thread who refuted your point.
Looking back on his posts I completely agree on all his points except the repeat rates. Now you have to understand if you get three mental health experts in a room and ask them anything you will get three different answers depending on the research they are aware of, the discipline they come from (psych, social work, med) and there experience. I too have done Hospital, out patient treatment. None of which is important here.

What's important here is keeping kids safe in an environment where parents tend to let their guard down and the corporation is at high risk of lawsuit. This is also a backhanded protection of the client on the offender list. I have told clients I have felt are not offenders but caught in the system. People in situations like the poster above, to avoid at all cost places where you could be accused. No one would believe them if they were accused again. There are people out there that would like to get "justice" and would lie to get it. Is that rare YES. Unheard of no. For their own protection Megan's law clients should never go to a place like WDW. If they are a true offender it like having a drunk tend bar and being surprised they want a drink. If they were wrongly listed it is a place where a new accusation can easily made.

As a Mother I want them out..period. I don't have a predator detector so I can't truly know which offender in the system is ok and who is not. Since MOST get there for a VERY GOOD REASON thumbs up to Disney

Last edited by tiggspring; 05-16-2013 at 04:09 PM.
tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: