DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

Current Incentive to TOUR DVC

Anyone know what the current incentive is to tour DVC at Saratoga Springs? My inlaws are interested in buying regardless but I've heard they give a "thank you for coming" gift like fast passes or giftcards.

Thanks!

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
luvs2travl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
ckuehl
Earning My Ears

We went in the middle of April for the tour, and we were given a 3 FPs a piece.
ckuehl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
kenpate
Earning My Ears

I toured BLT in March and received 4 FP's and 2 $50 Disney gift cards.
kenpate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

The type of "gift" may depend on how well you are rated as a prospect. Why give gift cards to someone who isn't really interested in buying.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #5
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
The type of "gift" may depend on how well you are rated as a prospect. Why give gift cards to someone who isn't really interested in buying.

Bill
Agree. They also vary it depending upon how busy the sales center might be and if you're willing to tour during normally slow parts of the day. There's not much foot traffic at 9-10am when the parks have just opened. DVC salespeople are just standing around and you may get an extra bonus for agreeing to tour then.

But by mid-afternoon things get a lot busier as people are more willing to wrap up their day at the parks. At that time, bonuses are typically not as generous since they don't need to try as hard to bribe folks.

Other factors like time of the year and weather can also come into play (easier to convince people to tour when it's raining, cold, etc.)

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I also wonder if they would offer any type of gift/incentive to current owners looking to add on. In particular when Grand Floridian starts selling.

Last year we toured the Aulani rooms but inquired about buying BCV and didn't even get ice cream much less fast passes or a gift card. Our guide wasn't there and the guy we met with must have decided we were tire kickers. We did end up buying at BCV but resale as they didn't have our UY available at that time.
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
mirnmart
Earning My Ears

My parents just toured a few weeks ago and were given ice cream and $30 gift cards!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I also wonder if they would offer any type of gift/incentive to current owners looking to add on. In particular when Grand Floridian starts selling.

Last year we toured the Aulani rooms but inquired about buying BCV and didn't even get ice cream much less fast passes or a gift card. Our guide wasn't there and the guy we met with must have decided we were tire kickers. We did end up buying at BCV but resale as they didn't have our UY available at that time.
They will offer pre-sales to existing owners before they offer to the general public. They will have some type of limited time purchase incentive just for owners. That's enough to get people to add-on.

Bill

Old 05-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #9
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
They will offer pre-sales to existing owners before they offer to the general public. They will have some type of limited time purchase incentive just for owners. That's enough to get people to add-on.

Bill
Interesting. Personally I don't expect that they will offer any incentive low enough to entice us to actually buy VGF but will keep an open mind. We just spoke to a DVC person at the desk at BW and he was in raptures about the model rooms. He said that he was not a fan of GF at all but the villas are outstanding. I'm very curious.
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
Interesting. Personally I don't expect that they will offer any incentive low enough to entice us to actually buy VGF but will keep an open mind. We just spoke to a DVC person at the desk at BW and he was in raptures about the model rooms. He said that he was not a fan of GF at all but the villas are outstanding. I'm very curious.
Did you expect the ASA to tell you that the rooms look like crap?

Many will buy because they want to be the first or because of the hype. It doesn't matter the price, that's why Disney has been raising the prices getting ready to position VGF.

From what I can tell the views from the rooms will be marginal, and the balconies look small.

Bill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: