Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
emdowens74
Earning My Ears

Fantasy dinner rotation clarification

My hubby loves prime rib. I have enticed him with a pic of the prime rib meal. My question is, is the prime rib available in ALL restaurants on a specific night (like formal or semi formal?) or is the prime rib only offered in a single restaurant and when you will get it is dependent on your dinner rotation? If it helps, we are on the Fantasy EC June 1-8. Thank you!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdowens74 View Post
My question is, is the prime rib available in ALL restaurants on a specific night (like formal or semi formal?)
This.

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
emdowens74
Earning My Ears

Ok so all restaurants serve prime rib on the same night...might you also happen to know which night?!? Please don't say formal (hubby will not dress formal and thus won't be joining me in MDR on formal night...his loss though
Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
emdowens74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post

This.
And Thank You!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

I know there is steak option nightly.

Have you seen this thread.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=0&output=html
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
Tinknalli
DIS Veteran

I believe it is on the Enchanted Garden menu. Whether your dinner there falls on formal or semi formal night will be a guess. However, many will come to the dining room dressed in khakis and a button down on formal night. Tux not required!
2/98 All Star Music, 5/00 Port Orleans, 01/05 All Star Movies, 04/07 Pop Century, 10/08 Port Orleans Riverside, 04/10 Port Orleans French Quarter, 04/12 Disney Fantasy and Port Orleans Riverside, 04/14 Pop Century and Disney Fantasy

Tinknalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
emdowens74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinknalli View Post
I believe it is on the Enchanted Garden menu. Whether your dinner there falls on formal or semi formal night will be a guess. However, many will come to the dining room dressed in khakis and a button down on formal night. Tux not required!
See, that's what I thought...it was specific to one restaurant and NOT served in all restaurants on one night. So whenever the enchanted garden is one our dining rotation would be when we have it...it could be formal night or semi formal or heck even pirate or casual night, right?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdowens74 View Post
Ok so all restaurants serve prime rib on the same night...might you also happen to know which night?!? Please don't say formal (hubby will not dress formal and thus won't be joining me in MDR on formal night...his loss though
Tell your husband not to miss out on formal night....can he manage Dockers and a polo shirt? he will be fine in that.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Prime Rib is on the Enchanted Garden Rotational menu - it would not be on formal night or semi formal night - they have their own specific menus.

From the Enchanted Garden menu:

Slow Roasted Prime Rib
Thyme-roasted Vegetables, Double-baked Potato, Horseradish, and Natural Jus
The Pirates in the Caribbean menu does offer something they call "Sirloin of Beef" - that is prime rib as well.

Those are the only 2 menus that offer prime rib. There is the basic steak on every menu and there is usually another beef dish served nightly as well.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

I posted the Fantasy menus on this thread. Hopefully that will help your DH find other options that he might be interested in.

It also explains which menu is on each night. The Fantasy DOES NOT use a unique menu for formal night. That night's menu will depend on which MDR you are in that night since the first three nights use a rotation menu. The last four nights have the same menus in each of the MDRs, so there is not an option to request an item from a different MDR. So, your DH will be able to order that the first three nights. It is always possible that if your DH speaks with the head server it could be available the other nights. I suggest that you mention it the first night to give them time to arrange that.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931947

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Ready4NextCruise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
I posted the Fantasy menus on this thread. Hopefully that will help your DH find other options that he might be interested in.

It also explains which menu is on each night. The Fantasy DOES NOT use a unique menu for formal night. That night's menu will depend on which MDR you are in that night since the first three nights use a rotation menu. The last four nights have the same menus in each of the MDRs, so there is not an option to request an item from a different MDR. So, your DH will be able to order that the first three nights. It is always possible that if your DH speaks with the head server it could be available the other nights. I suggest that you mention it the first night to give them time to arrange that.

This post is exactly correct. The first 3 nights are dependent on which restaurant you are attending (Looks like Prime Rib is served in Enchanted Garden). Pirate Night (Night 4), Prince and Princess menu (Night 5), and Captain's Gala (Night 6) have the same menu. Night 7 (Sea You Real Soon) is also the same menu. However, I did Animator's Palette on night 7 with the Animation show. The menu was slightly different. Not sure if that was the case on Night 5 & 6 when other's had the Animation show.
Ready4NextCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4NextCruise View Post
However, I did Animator's Palette on night 7 with the Animation show. The menu was slightly different. Not sure if that was the case on Night 5 & 6 when other's had the Animation show.
It is explained in that thread that the app page of the menu is different for the annimation show each night.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post

Yeah good idea. If you have as good an HW as we had, he did whatever it took to make us happy. I bet he can get him prime rib pretty often especially if he knows in advance.

Our Pirate night happened to be in Enchanted Garden. Our pics are funny and great. Nice pastels and floral restaurant... pirate headbands and outfits! Was fine by us.
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #14
emdowens74
Earning My Ears

You guys are the best! Thank you soooo much!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: