Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #91
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I was at DHS last night and it was nutty!!!! Never made it over to your side of the park.

The beach day looks great...thank goodness you got to the private part.

Jill in CO
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Atlantis looks gorgeous. The water is so nice and clear

Those drinks looked yummy
They were STRONG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
I've always wanted to visit Atlantis, the water looks so pretty. Looking forward to hearing about formal night.
I miss the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Loving your trip report. That long walk doesn't seem very magical though. We usually stay onboard the ship in the bahamas. I love how empty it can be on Nassau day!
We will probably do that next time but it was a great experience anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great pics from Atlantis

Good idea to choose this as an excursion just in case you couldn't dock at CC and the beach does look lovely
It was good planning..next time we'll probably stay on the ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I bet DHS was crazy for Star Wars day! My cousin and his family are there right now and I am pretty sure they were there that day. Wonder what they thought...haha And my sister went for the fireworks that night!

Love all of the cruise updates/pictures!
The fireworks were super loud but we couldn't see them since we were inside and STILL had a line!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #92
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great TR! I love your pictures and descriptions! I'm headed on the Fantasy in a few weeks and I am just soaking up all the cruise pictures I can in the meantime!

Atlantis is GORGEOUS! I've stayed on the boat in Nassau and so I've never seen it up close. It's beautiful! And nice that the cruise guests have their own beach, rather than jockeying for space with all the Atlantis guests.

And congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #93
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Great TR! I love your pictures and descriptions! I'm headed on the Fantasy in a few weeks and I am just soaking up all the cruise pictures I can in the meantime!

Atlantis is GORGEOUS! I've stayed on the boat in Nassau and so I've never seen it up close. It's beautiful! And nice that the cruise guests have their own beach, rather than jockeying for space with all the Atlantis guests.

And congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!
Thanks!!! I'm jealous you get to go on the Fantasy!!!

I think next time we'd stay on the boat in Nassau too or if anything walk around in the town for a few mins but I'm glad we did it and had a good experience!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #94
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Leaving Atlantis but not Nassau!

LEAVING ATLANTIS BUT NOT NASSAU!!!

*HAPPY WEDNESDAY DIS FRIENDS!!! I hope everyone is having a great week! This week is teacher appreciation week and we have been so lucky to be showered with gifts daily! It is a very rewarding profession and I'm so glad to be a teacher! I'm escaping Orlando (gasp!) for the weekend and heading to Bradenton for Mother's Day with my aunt and uncle (mom's sister). If I can't be with my mom for Mother's Day, I might as well be with her sister who is a mom too!! We're going to go to the beach..probably Anna Maria Island and just hang out. Last year I was down there a few times a month and this year with working at WDW and the love in my life, I haven't gone at all and they head up to Ohio soon! I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a great Mother's Day weekend!

MARCH 25, 2013

When we left off, it was nearing 2:00pm and we decided to head out. We wanted to relax before dinner so our plans were to head out of the beach, stop by the aquarium area then head back to the ship.

That was one of my more fav pics of the trip!

As we were walking what seemed like forever back. We decided to skip the aquarium and just hit the gift shops before leaving.

I got a tshirt and some other souvenirs in the gift shop totaling $57 (not cheap!) and off to the shuttle we went!

The shuttle ride back to town was uneventful and we made it back in one piece.

We went through the customs building and I bought another tshirt and some straw change purse things and then we finally went through customs. It was after that we found that that that was not the "straw market" but the guests we talked to who went there said it was nothing great and most things seemed "store" bought..sad.

Which ship to go on..hm....

A family behind us took our pic in front of the sign. They were on the carnival ship..and were jealous haha. Wouldn't you be?!

We walked down to the furthest entry and when we got there a family was literally boarding the ship for their first day. I guess bad weather cancelled their flights the day before and they ended up having to fly to Nassau and taking a shuttle to the port then a golf cart to the ship. I can't imagine paying all that money to miss day 1 and pretty much day 2 of my trip. Guest Services was meeting them just through security when we got there.

We put our things through the scanner and scanned the room keys and back on our ship of paradise!!!

We dropped our stuff off in the cabin and went straight to the pool! The line for the aqua duck was pretty long so we just hung out on the adult decks and relaxed! I was getting into the pool and literally slipped! The base of the pools and hot tubs is so slippery like you wouldn't believe! It's like water on metal I kid you not and I pretty much made a fool of myself in front of like 20 guests in the pool and I had pretty bad bruises on my ankle and other foot. It was not magical. After that I decide to take my bruised self to deck 12 and watch Carnival sail away while we hung out in Nassau till 2am.

After fun in the sun and saying adios to Carnival, we decided to get a snack and prepare for dinner!

UP NEXT: FORMAL NIGHT...ENOUGH SAID.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #95
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry that you slipped and fell, I'm sure that hurt a lot. Yes the ground can be pretty slippery around the pool area. Thankfully you didn't break anything, that would have been bad

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #96
Kendal
DIS Veteran

Why did the ship stay on Nassau till 2am the two i had been on left shortly aftrt allaboard
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #97
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww man, I want to go on a cruise so bad. LOL.

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to you! We had a nice luncheon today at school. It is a difficult job sometimes being a teacher but I love it.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #98
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
I'm so sorry that you slipped and fell, I'm sure that hurt a lot. Yes the ground can be pretty slippery around the pool area. Thankfully you didn't break anything, that would have been bad
Thanks! With my luck I'm surprised I didn't haha. I do wish it wasn't so slippery! That was not last time I nearly fell in the 5 days on the ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendal View Post
Why did the ship stay on Nassau till 2am the two i had been on left shortly aftrt allaboard
The CMs said that it was a "gift" to the CMs to have a night off when they were done with their duties. I guess they do that from time to time based on guest feedback and positive guest comments and what-not so the CMs got some time ashore. We too were able to be off the ship until 2am but by 2:02am if you were not on, you were left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww man, I want to go on a cruise so bad. LOL.

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to you! We had a nice luncheon today at school. It is a difficult job sometimes being a teacher but I love it.
I think that should be your next quest since you're done with the DVC resorts right??!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #99
Kendal
DIS Veteran

That's a really neat idea I think the night life I'm Nassau would be kinda neat to.... I hope I am fortunate enough to do this some day tha la for the info
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #100
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Formal Night

FORMAL NIGHT!

*HI DIS FRIENDS!!! I hope everyone is having a great week! I had a nice weekend in Bradenton with my aunt and uncle. We spent a wonderful day a the beach on Saturday and the pool on Sunday! It's nice having a weekend and doing nothing! My car also got washed and detailed thanks to my uncle so it made for a great weekend overall! We're busy preparing for our annual school Art Show on Friday night and our last day of school is next Friday! The days are going quickly!!!!

MARCH 25, 2013

When I left off we were waving goodbye to Carnival and stayed put in Nassau.

After catching more sun, we decided to have some snacks from the quick service and drinks too.

When we got back to the cabin we decided to watch some of Villans Tonight to see if it would be worth seeing before dinner. After 5 mins we were not impressed and decided not to go see it and just prepare for dinner!

We spent the time in the lobby taking formal pictures of back drops and characters. Before we knew it, it was time for dinner! I really wanted Royal Palace for formal night and we got it!

(Photopass also took a pic of this and we bought it lol)

I was sure, I would be getting engaged that night(I mean look at how darn cute I look!!!). It never happened haha. DBF told me it was not happening at all that trip. I thought he was lying. He wasn't lol.

I wanted to take the bread basket!

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #15

#15: Dress up for Formal Night even if it's optional!!!

Most people were dressed for Formal Night. Why wouldn't you?! They had such wonderful pictures set up everywhere including in the restaurant!

Only the couple from MI showed up for dinner with us. I have to be honest, it was kind of nice!

Escargot for me!

DBFs

Both DBF and I

Both DBF and I

Dessert Menu

Both DBF and I

Out of all 4 rotation meals, this was my favorite. I loved everything I ate and we had great company with our table mates! I'm glad they didn't make us wait for forever to see if the other two couples came. We were in and out in no time which I'm sure our servers liked because they had a fun night on the town ahead of them!

After dinner we found Mickey in the atrium and I bought this formal pic as well!

All dressed up and no place to go??!! NOT ON THE DISNEY DREAM!!!

UP NEXT: Formal Night After Dinner

Old 05-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #101
jsbgeo
Earning My Ears

I really like your formal night dress - where did you get it?
jsbgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #102
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

You look fantastic! I love the matching tie.

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #103
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Love your formal outfits! I'm such a tomboy it would be such culture shock to my friends and family to wear a dress, but I think I'm gonna do it! I think as a family we are gonna coordinate red white and blue, so I'm hoping to find a cute navy blue dress!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #104
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway

Luv you TR and the pics are beautiful.

LITTLEKID58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #105
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

I was slacking and missed 2 updates

Sorry you slipped. Glad you didn't break anything

Your formal pics are great. Love your dress. Very pretty

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: