Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #16
MeganFyne
Mouseketeer

The NY Post while DEFINITELY a rag, is the most conservative (as opposed to liberal) "Paper" in New York.

Similar articles were also found on The Atlantic as well as Gawker today though. I wouldn't put it past some of these Manhattanites to hire people with disabilities and exploit them, as a sort of a grotesquely fashionable thing. These are people who wouldn't be caught dead using a rented ECV themselves. It's deplorable but many of these people don't see anyone outside of their circle as a person. I used to nanny (for a lovely family) but their relatives treated me and as "the help" - assuming I didn't know things, barely could read, wouldn't understand their conversation. The actually family I worked for was humiliated by this, but acknowledged that it was "normal"

Yes I sound all judgey mcjudge, but I mean, COME ON.

I'm a doula, a comedian, and a pain in the butt.

For a good time, follow me on Twitter @GoTeamMegan
MeganFyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
rluey29
Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!

Yikes!
2009 Pop Century
2010 Off-site (June)
2010 Were moving to Florida!!! (August)
2010-present living about 35 minutes from Disney! (every weekend)
2011-first time camping at Fort Wilderness!!!

Last edited by rluey29; 05-14-2013 at 10:57 PM.
rluey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #18
River Country
DIS Jedi

Sorry i CALL BS

If the line for Small Worl was 2 1/2 hours which it wasnt even during presidents week, how long of a wait was Peter Pan's Flight 3 days?

I checked the times regularly that week, and MK closed twice due to capacity and the logest line i saw in WDW that week was TSM at 300 minutes not small world, i mean think about it, the queue is no that big. If it were 2 and 1/2 hours the line would be down into Liberty Square. SORRY NOT BUYING IT
River Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #19
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
So, it's a conspiracy?
I would not put anything past the NY Post. They are, in my opinion, 1 rung above the National Inquirer. Would you not think it inflammatory for them to use the 1% moniker?

Also, Peter, if you would just look at Dream Tours website you would see that they proved tour guides FOR the disabled, NOT disabled tour guides. Thanks to a slanderous article by the NY Puke, they are no longer offering that service to the disabled.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING

Last edited by racefanof88; 05-15-2013 at 08:47 PM.
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #20
tarantim
Earning My Ears

these women may think they are buying an advantage, but it seemed to me as a handi park goer that the waits were calculated to be equal or nearly so to the wait of anyone in line. we all know they know, how long a line takes and I waited through many a line where it seemed I was held until it might have been my turn had I waited in the regular line. a few seemed to go a little more quickly. I say let them pay for their imagined priviledge.

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

We're looking forward to our second Disney Cruise, November 2012!!
tarantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #21
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
Not saying you are lying-- thinking more exaggerating or mistaken. I've been there on plenty of Pres days and don't think I've ever seen that ride more than 20 minutes. I must just be lucky.
It was pretty long (maybe not 2.5 hrs) on one of our past trips (80% certain it was the 4th of July trip, when MK closed due to capacity). There were two lines, side by side, and both began outside of the building.
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #22
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not saying you are lying-- thinking more exaggerating or mistaken. I've been there on plenty of Pres days and don't think I've ever seen that ride more than 20 minutes. I must just be lucky.
In any given month, day of the week, or time of the day there will be differences in wait times. There can be unforseen events; such as, the weather, a malfunction in the ride earlier in the day, a school or recreational group deciding to hit that ride all at the same time, etc.

I think it is very presumptuous to assume you have more knowledge than WDW in Pearls about what occurred the day she was in line at It's a Small World. To declare that she was either "exagerating, or mistaken" about her own experience is bordering on rude. You can still make your own point known without having to attack another individuals charachter.

Maybe you did not realize that is what you were doing by the choice of words you used. Hopefully that is the case.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 AM   #23
myzel
Mouseketeer

Wow people are thick. I'll bet the Small World wait time comment was facetious, and if you believe the Post I got some nice Atlantic Coast beach front property in the Rockies for sale cheap.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #24
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

It cracks me up every time I see the NY Post quoted on anything other than the weather.

But I've got to ask: if there is indeed such a "service"-- why would anyone admit it (even to the Post??) They would HAVE to realize that their little secret would be over once Disney got wind of it.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #25
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaj1431 View Post
In any given month, day of the week, or time of the day there will be differences in wait times. There can be unforseen events; such as, the weather, a malfunction in the ride earlier in the day, a school or recreational group deciding to hit that ride all at the same time, etc.

I think it is very presumptuous to assume you have more knowledge than WDW in Pearls about what occurred the day she was in line at It's a Small World. To declare that she was either "exagerating, or mistaken" about her own experience is bordering on rude. You can still make your own point known without having to attack another individuals charachter.

Maybe you did not realize that is what you were doing by the choice of words you used. Hopefully that is the case.
This is a discussion forum. If you think debate is rude, you should not be here.

Apparently it is okay for you to call me presumptuous and rude. That is not debate, it is a personal attack. I am entitled to my opinion, which is what I have expressed. Since you do not like my position in a debate, you chose to insult.

Nice.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #26
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Can we have some more threads about this... please?
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #27
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Can we have some more threads about this... please?
right? and a couple more about merida, and another about please give me free dinning, and maybe another personal blog about video games.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #28
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This is a discussion forum. If you think debate is rude, you should not be here.

Apparently it is okay for you to call me presumptuous and rude. That is not debate, it is a personal attack. I am entitled to my opinion, which is what I have expressed. Since you do not like my position in a debate, you chose to insult.

Nice.
If you read my comment, it was very clear there was no "attack". I did not call you rude. I said the words you chose were bordering on rude. Also, it was clear by my comment, that having opinions about the topic was not the problem. I merely pointed out that there were other ways to make your point than to do so in the manner that you did.

I do not believe these forums were created to debate one another. They are a forum which provides information and discussion about everything Disneyf. In addition they provide a community for people who enjoy Disney to meet with others who have the same interests. Will debates arise, of course but, it is possible to debate without making it about the individual.

There are plenty of posters who disagreed with the topic and those individuals, who may have shared a different point of view. However they chose to express their differing views in a manner that was based on the topic and not the individual making the comment.

Is it a big deal , No. I just do not enjoy reading posts where people resort to those tactics.

Sorry, if I offended you.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzel View Post
Wow people are thick. I'll bet the Small World wait time comment was facetious, and if you believe the Post I got some nice Atlantic Coast beach front property in the Rockies for sale cheap.
this
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #30
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Yikes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: