Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #1231
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

We have the last minute kitchen and bedding stuff and then WE ARE DONE COMPLETELY!!!

HooRay!!! John and I are both exhausted. We're going to look forward to a week of nothing to do but wait for our things to arrive.

The movers are sending a 30 ft. truck that has to come up the farm field next door to us. They said they'll take down trees if they try to come up the driveway. Then after loading us up they have to transfer everything to a 70 ft truck that they're driving down to Florida with a Tampa load on it as well as ours. They also may or may not have to drop a load in Atlanta. We'll know more when they get here to take our stuff.

They're sending a driver and two men....so three total. I'm thinking that we should tip them on this side and the Florida side. What do you all think? And how much should we give. Our bill is going to be somewhere near $5k.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #1232
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Yeah... we tipped on both sides... different guys were on duty...

Ohhh and they might expect lunch... fast food works.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #1233
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Yeah... we tipped on both sides... different guys were on duty...

Ohhh and they might expect lunch... fast food works.
Thanks Shell....that's what we were thinking.

I wanted to get them lunch but anything besides pizza. They get a lot of that. We can ask what they would like to have for a lunch order or we can just go and buy a bunch of burgers??? We have McDonalds and Burger King in the next town over or Taco Bell and KFC. We also have a subway, but that's going to be hard to eat and run. Maybe we'll get burgers and tacos and they can pick or have both.

Sorry for the idle chat.....just thinking out loud.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #1234
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

You can ask Subway to put together a small platter of sanwiches - you can get chips and soda there... Remember YOU have to have something to eat as well...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #1235
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
You can ask Subway to put together a small platter of sanwiches - you can get chips and soda there... Remember YOU have to have something to eat as well...
NOW that's a great idea! I would love that. Thanks Shell!!!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #1236
Tink rules

you're welcome!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #1237
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Yeah, if it was a short move, I would just tip at the end, but for a long haul, I think you need to do both.

They did have coffee and bagels, so I made it through the course. I need to input all of the credits into my attorney profile, but I'm running virus scan on my computer tonight, so it will have to wait. I'm in court tomorrow and Friday, and Olivia has her spring concert on Friday night. On Saturday, she has softball practice and then we're having some pizza/cake for Josh's big 3-5 birthday on Sunday, I'm meeting up with some old college friends who I haven't seen in a long time and we are going to see The Great Gatsby and have lunch. I am very excited! I just have to get through the rest of this week first, and my associate leaves for St Lucia tomorrow, so I'm stuck covering everything for the next few days- doh!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #1238
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
Yeah, if it was a short move, I would just tip at the end, but for a long haul, I think you need to do both.

They did have coffee and bagels, so I made it through the course. I need to input all of the credits into my attorney profile, but I'm running virus scan on my computer tonight, so it will have to wait. I'm in court tomorrow and Friday, and Olivia has her spring concert on Friday night. On Saturday, she has softball practice and then we're having some pizza/cake for Josh's big 3-5 birthday on Sunday, I'm meeting up with some old college friends who I haven't seen in a long time and we are going to see The Great Gatsby and have lunch. I am very excited! I just have to get through the rest of this week first, and my associate leaves for St Lucia tomorrow, so I'm stuck covering everything for the next few days- doh!
Thanks Ginamarie. That makes good sense.

Glad you got your coffee and bagels. Olivia sounds like she's a busy girl. YAY! What a busy weekend. Then Josh turns 35, the turning point, on Saturday. Happy Birthday Josh. Sunday lunch with the girls sounds like lots of fun too. You are going to be one busy beaver this weekend. But it all sounds like fun. Enjoy!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #1239
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

We just have last minute things to pack today. YAY! The movers come tomorrow and then we're off and gone. I can't believe that it's finally here. I need to keep pinching myself so that I know it's real. It has been a dream for such a long time.

My TV and modem officially get disconnected tomorrow morning. So I won't be on here again until after we check into the hotel some time on Saturday or Sunday depending on what time we get out of here tomorrow. Uncle Baker estimated it to be around 1-2 pm. That's a good time to get started south. We can make it by Saturday if we leave at that time. John gets the bug to go and he stays focused. No stopping except for gas. So I won't be drinking anything or I will have to stop every half hour. I'm not as young as I used to be....that's for sure.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #1240
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Deb - so glad the time is here!! You've been planning for so long, so it's good to see it all come together. We will be neighbors soon!!
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #1241
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

I made the crock pot beef stroganoff - and it was good!! Of course, I forgot how my body reacts to dairy (milk & sour cream), so I have been paying for this since yesterday afternoon. Sad to say that I won't be making that again.

I have chicken to cook today - a ranch chicken recipe, with no dairy! lol! I'm going to pop it all in at lunch (230pm) and it'll take 4 hours on high. In time for dinner. Hopefully I'll feel up to eating then.

I'm also dealing with a very sore back today - not sure if I slept wrong or not, but sitting here with the heating pad on. So bad, that I actually considered taking 1/2 day off.
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #1242
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
Deb - so glad the time is here!! You've been planning for so long, so it's good to see it all come together. We will be neighbors soon!!
YAY we'll be neighbors soon. Not for about a week after we get there though. We'll be staying at the hotel near the Orlando airport for the first week or so. We'll just be visiting the house and keeping installation appointments. AFTER our stuff arrives and we stay in the house.....then we will officially be neighbors. I'm excited! I can't wait!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #1243
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
I made the crock pot beef stroganoff - and it was good!! Of course, I forgot how my body reacts to dairy (milk & sour cream), so I have been paying for this since yesterday afternoon. Sad to say that I won't be making that again.

I have chicken to cook today - a ranch chicken recipe, with no dairy! lol! I'm going to pop it all in at lunch (230pm) and it'll take 4 hours on high. In time for dinner. Hopefully I'll feel up to eating then.

I'm also dealing with a very sore back today - not sure if I slept wrong or not, but sitting here with the heating pad on. So bad, that I actually considered taking 1/2 day off.
Glad the beef stroganoff was good at least while you were eating it. I need to print out that recipe when we get to the other side. My printer is packed already. haha.

Hope you enjoy the chicken and ranch recipe today. I love that you're so adventurous with your foods. You look for recipes and make them. I need John to be more like you. hahaha.

Sorry about your back. I wish you had a pain killer or muscle relaxer. At least you have the heating pad. I hope it gets better quickly.

Any news to make plans yet with him? At least he called to tell you about his test. That's great! I hope you get together soon.

YAY! for Thursday. It's almost Friday! Then you'll get some loving hugs from the family. I hope you enjoy your trip and feel better before you have to take off.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #1244
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

The ranch chicken recipe looked really good. How did that turn out?

Long day here. My computer had some kind of virus on it, the other party didn't bother to show up in court, and then my tire blew out on the way home from Olivia's spring concert. The tow truck guy was insane and couldn't find the spare, so he just towed me home and I will have to wait for AAA to come back again in the morning. Geez!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #1245
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
The ranch chicken recipe looked really good. How did that turn out?

Long day here. My computer had some kind of virus on it, the other party didn't bother to show up in court, and then my tire blew out on the way home from Olivia's spring concert. The tow truck guy was insane and couldn't find the spare, so he just towed me home and I will have to wait for AAA to come back again in the morning. Geez!
OH NO Ginamarie.....that's a horrible day! One thing right after another. You needed to stay in bed!

Hopefully it just means that you'll receive a lot of good things happening to you soon.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: