Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #721
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

No one should be picky - YOU ARE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD. If I need covers I call the front desk.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #722
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
No one should be picky - YOU ARE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD. If I need covers I call the front desk.
Great attitude! While I don't like those plain ol' white blankets/sheets/whatever they are, I won't stress over it. I'll just call for another blanket or comforter.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #723
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello folks... a CBR newbie here.

Our first stint is coming up next month. Was wondering if anyone could tell me the best location to request if I wanted a quieter area? We've booked a standard view and walking isn't a concern. Right now I've just got "top floor" on the reservation.

Thanks a ton.
One of the things that we love about CBR is I can't think of an area that ISN'T quiet. There are no rooms near or around the main pool where the pool games are played. In 4 trips, with a couple being right by a quiet pool, we've never heard any noise. Even when CBR is at capacity, it feels like we're the only ones in our building. Our requests, in this order, are always Jamaica 45, 2nd floor and Aruba 51. I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. It's our favorite moderate.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #724
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

Just upgraded my resort from AS Movies to CBR. Love the look of the pool. DS loves Nemo and I think he will love the rooms.

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #725
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Why else would they have all of these great resorts to choose from, if they didn't want us to be picky?

If I'm on a trip where I know I will be spending a little time in the room, I want it to be nice to look at. And the way Disney has most resorts themed makes them nice to look at. Boring old white coverlets at every resort would not be nice to look at.

A coverlet won't make or break my vacation. But yeah, I like the more themed look of the old Nemo ones over plain white.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #726
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
One of the things that we love about CBR is I can't think of an area that ISN'T quiet. There are no rooms near or around the main pool where the pool games are played. In 4 trips, with a couple being right by a quiet pool, we've never heard any noise. Even when CBR is at capacity, it feels like we're the only ones in our building. Our requests, in this order, are always Jamaica 45, 2nd floor and Aruba 51. I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. It's our favorite moderate.

Hiya! Thanks so much for the reply. Also, I noticed another post from you further back in the thread explaining that the walks weren't as long as rumored -- that's good to know as I've wondered if it might be a perspective sorta thing. (We made the enjoyable walk from POR to POFQ a few times when we were staying there last year. Also, we really like the walk from BC/YC to HS.)

I think I'll add a couple villages to my request so we hopefully don't wind up with Jamaica whilst it's going through its refurb. Aruba or Martinique, perhaps Barbados instead of Martinique. We're looking forward to our little vacation.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #727
delilah18
DIS Veteran

How comfortable are the beds? I found the ones AoA great
Also what is better to request for preferred Trinidad North or Martinque ?
Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #728
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Anyone know?
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 05-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #729
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
How comfortable are the beds? I found the ones AoA great
Also what is better to request for preferred Trinidad North or Martinque ?
Thanks
We've always slept well on the beds. I do have to admit, though, that we're pretty exhausted at the end of the day so anything would have felt good. Seriously, no bed issues.

If I had to choose between Trinidad North or Martinique, I think that I'd choose Martinique. I had friends who have stayed in both and they preferred Martinique. We have stayed in Martinique preferred several times and liked both locations.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #730
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello folks... a CBR newbie here.

Our first stint is coming up next month. Was wondering if anyone could tell me the best location to request if I wanted a quieter area? We've booked a standard view and walking isn't a concern. Right now I've just got "top floor" on the reservation.

Thanks a ton.
Many will probably think I'm nuts, but we really prefer to stay in Aruba 56 when we go to CBR.

Yup, it's a long walk to the food court, about as far as you can get, actually, so why stay in 56?

Nowadays, it's just my DW and myself on most trips (empty nesters) and we travel light, just a carry-on and a small bag each. After check in we just roll our luggage the relatively short distance to our room without waiting for the shuttle/bell service van. Checking out is just as easy. In 7 trips to CBR we've used the shuttle once.

It's very, I mean very close to the Aruba bus stop. I like that. A lot.

Sports teams and cheerleaders don't seem to stay in this part of the resort. We were there for "Spring Training" this past March and there were lots of ball teams and what seemed to be quite a few girl's soccer teams as well. They were nowhere near us and our quiet pool remained quiet. We only saw them at the food courts and the only issues they caused were because of their numbers, certainly not their behaviour. We also noticed how crowded the quiet pools in the villages where the teams were staying were. Funny thing. We were waiting for DME back to the airport and there were a couple of ball teams waiting for the same bus. I thought the coaches were being way sillier than any of the kids were. Not a problem, just really goofy practical jokes and such.

As another poster said, just about anywhere in the resort will be quite quiet even when full but we sure like "our" little corner of CBR.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #731
disneypunch
Earning My Ears

Question: I may be staying here with my family and another adult couple are staying at another Disney resort. Can they come hang out with us at the pool one day?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #732
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypunch View Post
Question: I may be staying here with my family and another adult couple are staying at another Disney resort. Can they come hang out with us at the pool one day?
Hang out by the pool? Sure. Swim? Officially the answer is no, but you can always ask the lifeguard. They may allow you to have a guest in the pool. It is up to them, as they are the ones who have to watch the "extra" person. So unfortunately there is no way to know ahead of time what the answer will be.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #733
disneypunch
Earning My Ears

Great thanks so much they don't want to swim. Just hang out with us.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #734
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
Many will probably think I'm nuts, but we really prefer to stay in Aruba 56 when we go to CBR.

Yup, it's a long walk to the food court, about as far as you can get, actually, so why stay in 56?

Nowadays, it's just my DW and myself on most trips (empty nesters) and we travel light, just a carry-on and a small bag each. After check in we just roll our luggage the relatively short distance to our room without waiting for the shuttle/bell service van. Checking out is just as easy. In 7 trips to CBR we've used the shuttle once.

It's very, I mean very close to the Aruba bus stop. I like that. A lot.

Sports teams and cheerleaders don't seem to stay in this part of the resort. We were there for "Spring Training" this past March and there were lots of ball teams and what seemed to be quite a few girl's soccer teams as well. They were nowhere near us and our quiet pool remained quiet. We only saw them at the food courts and the only issues they caused were because of their numbers, certainly not their behaviour. We also noticed how crowded the quiet pools in the villages where the teams were staying were. Funny thing. We were waiting for DME back to the airport and there were a couple of ball teams waiting for the same bus. I thought the coaches were being way sillier than any of the kids were. Not a problem, just really goofy practical jokes and such.

As another poster said, just about anywhere in the resort will be quite quiet even when full but we sure like "our" little corner of CBR.
Thanks for the reply! Just checked in online. 20 days until I find out what the Room Assignment Gods have bestowed upon us.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #735
luvpalmtrees
Mouseketeer

I've been reading a lot about the change of comforters to white sheets/blankets at CBR. Is this only a change in Jamaica or will they be doing all the rooms? Sorry if this has been asked before. I hope if they do change they will stay with a tropical theme. White blankets just doesn't seem tropical to me. It will not stop me from staying there though. We will be staying at CBR for the 5th time in July and requested Jamaica and have gotten it 4 times. I hope we will still love the rooms when they change.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: