Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #706
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Current Home of the Stanley Cup!!
Posts: 4,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Orleans fan View Post
Did CBR get rid of the Finding Nemo bed covers?
From a poster that just returned, yes. Pictures. http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/pk...?sort=3&page=1

The beds look like the style of the newly refurbed rooms at Poly.
__________________
ME DW DS12

Last edited by dansdad; 05-15-2013 at 05:49 AM.
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #707
Port Orleans fan
Over tipping is a fools game.....so have fun playing you intellectual genius.
 
Port Orleans fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
From a poster that just returned, yes. Pictures. http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/pk...?sort=3&page=1

The beds look like the style of the newly refurbed rooms at Poly.
That's just....well, a bad decision by Disney. How can they possibly call it a "Finding Nemo" themed room when the only Nemo decor is a boarder that goes around the ceiling?

Very sad.
__________________
Aug 2009 - POR
Sept 2010 - CBR
Oct 2010 - CSR
Dec 2012 - POR/POFQ
Nov 2013 - POP
Dec 2013 - Disney Dream
Dec 2013 - ASMu
Port Orleans fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #708
suz2
Mouseketeer
 
suz2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 150

room requests

We have never stayed at Caribbean Beach but plan to in Sept. What rooms are near dining and bus stops? Last year we stayed at AOA and felt like the walk to LM was sooooo long after all day in the parks. I look forward to staying somewhere new again. This will be out fifth resort to try out. I like trying new ones!
Thanks!
__________________
1st TRIP - 1975
1984 - SPRING BREAK!
1987 DADDY WON A TRIP TO WDW!!
OFF PROPERTY -1992 - Senior Trip
OFF PROPERTY -MAY 2005 - MY KIDS FIRST TRIP
POP - JUNE 2008 -DADDY'S RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
CORONADO SPRINGS-FEBRUARY 2009
PO RIVERSIDE - FEBRUARY 2010
POP - SEPTEMBER 2011
AOA - SEPTEMBER 2012 JDS #13 BDAY Celebration
CBR - SEPTEMBER 2013
suz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #709
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz2 View Post
We have never stayed at Caribbean Beach but plan to in Sept. What rooms are near dining and bus stops? Last year we stayed at AOA and felt like the walk to LM was sooooo long after all day in the parks. I look forward to staying somewhere new again. This will be out fifth resort to try out. I like trying new ones!
Thanks!
If you book a preferred room you will be near the food court, and there is a bus stop right there as well. I stayed at CBR in December, in a standard room, and I wouldn't do that again. I would book preferred.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #710
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night
 
Sparkly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Orleans fan View Post
That's just....well, a bad decision by Disney. How can they possibly call it a "Finding Nemo" themed room when the only Nemo decor is a boarder that goes around the ceiling?

Very sad.
I like it. It was a bit too busy before with the bright cover and the cushion. Looked a bit dated IMO.

The room looks more like a moderate resort now! I was thinking last night that CBR needed some love.

We might be staying there for a week next Feb after all
__________________

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #711
ninamouse
Mouseketeer
 
ninamouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
I like it. It was a bit too busy before with the bright cover and the cushion. Looked a bit dated IMO.

The room looks more like a moderate resort now! I was thinking last night that CBR needed some love.

We might be staying there for a week next Feb after all
I agree with you Sparkly..

I have been watching this thread become a big debate about the colour of bed covers but let's be fair - is that really the most important thing about a holiday?

The colour of the bed covers do not bother me at all. As long as they are clean that's the most important thing.

Also - we are going to be in WDW with so many magical and fun times to be had with our loved ones - the bed covers are way down on my list of priorities! I will hardly be in the room anyway! Too much other interesting things to explore!
__________________
Nina

Me: DF: DS7: DS5:

Disneyland California 1990
Disneyland California 1993
WDW 1995
WDW 2002
WDW 2005
WDW 2008
WDW CBR 2013
ninamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #712
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Current Home of the Stanley Cup!!
Posts: 4,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz2 View Post
We have never stayed at Caribbean Beach but plan to in Sept. What rooms are near dining and bus stops? Last year we stayed at AOA and felt like the walk to LM was sooooo long after all day in the parks. I look forward to staying somewhere new again. This will be out fifth resort to try out. I like trying new ones!
Thanks!
Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all a 5 minute walk to the food court and main pool. Every village has it's own bus stop so you're never far from one no matter where your room is.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #713
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamouse View Post

I have been watching this thread become a big debate about the colour of bed covers but let's be fair - is that really the most important thing about a holiday?

The colour of the bed covers do not bother me at all. As long as they are clean that's the most important thing.
For me, the theming of the resort is part of the fun of staying at a Disney resort. The fact that they were all out, this is our theme we are going to run with it. I will be very disappointed if every resort ends up with plain, white bedding. I dislike what I have seen of the new Poly rooms--they look boring and as if most of the theme has been sucked out of them. I hope they don't do the same thing to CBR.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #714
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobes View Post
I am excited, even though we will be at Disney during Memorial day weekend(which we did not realize until last week). We have not been in over four years and it is our first moderate resort. Does anyone have any suggestions of nearby hotels that are decent to stay at? We want to drive up the night before that way we are already up in Orlando our first day. Not looking for anything fancy, just a place to sleep that is not run down.
You may want to try one of the DTD resorts. They are having a Summer sale now and are advertising rooms as low as $69.00. Here's the link:

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/...ummer2013sale2
__________________
2014 pre-trip report: Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258703
2013 trip report: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381



mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #715
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
For me, the theming of the resort is part of the fun of staying at a Disney resort. The fact that they were all out, this is our theme we are going to run with it. I will be very disappointed if every resort ends up with plain, white bedding. I dislike what I have seen of the new Poly rooms--they look boring and as if most of the theme has been sucked out of them. I hope they don't do the same thing to CBR.
I agree with you on the theming. I don't mind the over-the-top bedspreads/comforters and think that it goes along with the theme of the resort. If they were to change up the rooms completely (taking away the bright comforters and the wallpaper border), then they need to make sure that there is still a tropical "vibe" going on.
__________________
2014 pre-trip report: Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258703
2013 trip report: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381



mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #716
Katmat75
DIS Veteran
 
Katmat75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I agree with you on the theming. I don't mind the over-the-top bedspreads/comforters and think that it goes along with the theme of the resort. If they were to change up the rooms completely (taking away the bright comforters and the wallpaper border), then they need to make sure that there is still a tropical "vibe" going on.
Well said! I agree about keeping the tropical theme going! It's not CBR without it!
__________________



August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #717
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night
 
Sparkly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,815

As long as there's plenty of Mickeys that are hidden for me to find, I don't really mind. We're probably only going to be in the room to sleep and shower anyway. We would choose a value, but Disney UK are offering free QSDP for moderates and we thought that by the time you add on food costs it's worth upgrading anyway.
__________________

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #718
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!
 
DisneyFamily123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,568

Queen Beds at CBR?

Long time ago... there was rumor that CBR was going to change to queen size beds instead of double/full size... any new information about that???
__________________
Our Disney Vacations:
May 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (Star Wars Weekend!), Also Dec. 2011 - Pop Century, Sept. 2011- Caribbean Beach Resort, Dec. 2010 - All Star Movies, Oct. 2009 - Polynesian, Nov. 2008 - All Star Sports
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #719
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,034

Hello folks... a CBR newbie here.

Our first stint is coming up next month. Was wondering if anyone could tell me the best location to request if I wanted a quieter area? We've booked a standard view and walking isn't a concern. Right now I've just got "top floor" on the reservation.

Thanks a ton.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #720
mickeymyfavorite
DIS Veteran
 
mickeymyfavorite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Deer Park, NY
Posts: 1,682

I just can't wait to get there
__________________
Aug 98’ ASSP ~ Aug 00’ POFQ ~ Aug 04’ POFQ ~ July 05’ POFQ ~ Nov 05’ CBR ~ July 06’ CBR ~ Nov 06’ CSR ~ July 07’ POFQ ~ Nov 07’ AKL ~ April 08’ ASMO ~ July 08' AKL ~Nov 08' SSR ~ April/May 09' CSR ~ Sept 09' BWV ~ Nov 10' CBR ~ Aug 12' AKL ~ May 13' CBR ~ July 13' POLY~ March 14' CR
mickeymyfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: