Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #2926
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Yeah... Poly should be done by this fall!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #2927
JenniD44
Mouseketeer

When is a good time to put a room request on your reservation? It seems last time we went, I had been told 2 to 3 weeks out, which is what we did. Looking through this thread, it seems people tend to do it sooner. Any idea on the best time?
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #2928
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniD44 View Post
When is a good time to put a room request on your reservation? It seems last time we went, I had been told 2 to 3 weeks out, which is what we did. Looking through this thread, it seems people tend to do it sooner. Any idea on the best time?
There is no best time really. As long as it's at least 4-5 days prior to your arrival. That's when the room assignors normally get the reservations. I always put our requests in when I make our reservation. As long as they are noted on your reservation, you're good to go.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #2929
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Thank you to all !!

I want to thank everyone on this thread SO much for the wealth of information you provide as well as super nice comradery!! As I've told everyone before, we went back and forth on resorts, but decided to come back to the Grand mostly because of all of your stories, pictures and good trip reports. Regardless of the construction, I know it will be just magical.

It's been a VERY long 560 (and some odd) days since our last Disney vacation, and you have all been so awesome in sharing your trips and tips and have gotten me through this time quicker! We're down to 16 days until we're in the car to Disney. It's hard to believe it's actually almost here. And we have STILL kept the secret from our DD7!!! She thinks we're going to the beach, but when she wakes up and we're at Disney, we're doing to tell her that "oops, Daddy took a wrong turn!!".

I don't think people realize what great fun it is to chat with everyone and learn what's new at the parks and the resorts... I know alot has changed since we were there in 2010, and I cannot wait to jump right into the magic!! It's nice that everyone can be so kind to each other here... it's my favorite thread on the Dis, for sure.

Thank you to everyone.... one thing I will do when we're there is report back to everyone on the mugs!! Just in case they're new....

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 05-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #2930
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
I want to thank everyone on this thread SO much for the wealth of information you provide as well as super nice comradery!! As I've told everyone before, we went back and forth on resorts, but decided to come back to the Grand mostly because of all of your stories, pictures and good trip reports. Regardless of the construction, I know it will be just magical.

It's been a VERY long 560 (and some odd) days since our last Disney vacation, and you have all been so awesome in sharing your trips and tips and have gotten me through this time quicker! We're down to 16 days until we're in the car to Disney. It's hard to believe it's actually almost here. And we have STILL kept the secret from our DD7!!! She thinks we're going to the beach, but when she wakes up and we're at Disney, we're doing to tell her that "oops, Daddy took a wrong turn!!".

I don't think people realize what great fun it is to chat with everyone and learn what's new at the parks and the resorts... I know alot has changed since we were there in 2010, and I cannot wait to jump right into the magic!! It's nice that everyone can be so kind to each other here... it's my favorite thread on the Dis, for sure.

Thank you to everyone.... one thing I will do when we're there is report back to everyone on the mugs!! Just in case they're new....
Those final weeks before a vacation are always so exciting-- especially when it's been a long Disney hiatus! And congratulations on keeping the secret this long.. I think your plan sounds great!

And agreed about the awesomeness that is this thread... so many friendly posters always willing to help out in any way!

I hope you have an absolute blast at the Grand, sydneysmom!!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #2931
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post

We are going to be there the same time! We leave in 12 days but are taking 2 days to get down since we won't leave till lunch or after on Tuesday. It will be me, 45, my aunt, 74, my daughters, 18 and 24 , my son in law ,26 and my grandson 2. If you see my broad say hi! I'm Rhonda!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #2932
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

I'm jealous that I won't be there until two months from today! I hope everyone has a great time. Looking forward to updates, especially on the mugs!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #2933
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
We are going to be there the same time! We leave in 12 days but are taking 2 days to get down since we won't leave till lunch or after on Tuesday. It will be me, 45, my aunt, 74, my daughters, 18 and 24 , my son in law ,26 and my grandson 2. If you see my broad say hi! I'm Rhonda!
sounds good!! have a great trip (and a safe drive!)

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #2934
EvanJamesMommy
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Newbie here...just wanted to post & say we checked into the GF yesterday & were so happy to be the "GF Family of the Day" I booked a garden view for 6 nights & got an upgrade to the RPC so it can happen! That's our third time getting a CL upgrade after booking a garden view, so I must say I'm very lucky! Also, I'm at the pool now (courtyard) and cannot hear the construction at all.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #2935
DREAMS161
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanJamesMommy View Post
Hi everyone! Newbie here...just wanted to post & say we checked into the GF yesterday & were so happy to be the "GF Family of the Day" I booked a garden view for 6 nights & got an upgrade to the RPC so it can happen! That's our third time getting a CL upgrade after booking a garden view, so I must say I'm very lucky! Also, I'm at the pool now (courtyard) and cannot hear the construction at all.
That is AWESOME! Happy for you!! love good news, have a fantastic time!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #2936
EvanJamesMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMS161 View Post

That is AWESOME! Happy for you!! love good news, have a fantastic time!
Thank you!!

For anyone who wants to know...Re-fillable mugs are the same Mickey and friends beach scene as before with the pink/blue/black lids. (Annnnd...they're $1 cheaper at the beach pool bar than they are at Gasparilla's)

Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #2937
electricsoup
Roller Derby Disney Princess

Omg - my husband just told me that for my 40th birthday (it's in July, but we're going to Orlando for a family thing over Thanksgiving!) that after the family thing, we are staying CL TPV in the main building!!!! It's just another Disney dream
come true!!

Now I have to search this thread for CL info - I've never done it before!! Tips welcome.

So excited!!!

Past Visits: 10/14 GF, 11/13 (offsite)/12/13 (RPC GF!!), 1/13 (GF), 10/12 (BLT & CR 1 night!) 2/12 (GF), 6/11 (GF), 4/10 (GF), '06 (Pop), 10/04 (CBR), 10/03 (CBR), 3/96, 89, 85 (Off property)
Old 05-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #2938
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsoup View Post
Omg - my husband just told me that for my 40th birthday (it's in July, but we're going to Orlando for a family thing over Thanksgiving!) that after the family thing, we are staying CL TPV in the main building!!!! It's just another Disney dream
come true!!

Now I have to search this thread for CL info - I've never done it before!! Tips welcome.

So excited!!!
awesome... we are doing the exact same thing for my 40th this august! enjoy!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #2939
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanJamesMommy View Post
what a magical upgrade!!! Enjoy.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #2940
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
We're here at the GF! Got in last night. We were upgraded from a Garden View to a "Lagoon View" with a clear view of the MK. I had requested Sago but we're in Boca Chica with the upgrade, I did get the first floor as requested. Its a corner room and has 2 balconies - one has the usual sliding doors and overlooks Narcoosie's and another closer to the bathroom/table with a single door that looks right on to the lagoon. Both have a view of the castle and we were able to watch the electric water pageant and fireworks last night.

The room is nice, very happy. I'm on a conference rate and asked once again at the front desk if I could add concierge for a fee or upgrade to a suite (I tried on the phone before and they said no.) The CM was very nice and spent a while on the phone "trying to work some magic". They did offer me concierge but the total would be about 3x what I'm paying so not worth it. But the great view and 2 balconies and possibly a bit more space?? is perfect! Do all the rooms have a little table with 2 chairs? I suspect this one is slightly bigger because its in the corner and the entry way is longer/turns. Perfect for us with strollers and 3 adults.

The GF is as nice as I imagined and the lobby smelled as good as you all said! Haven't even made it to the beach pool yet. The new jets on the courtyard pool have colored lights at night, I thought that was a cool look.

Oh, and I WAS able to pick up my conference-rate park tickets from the concierge instead of having to go to a park guest services. The CM wasn't sure either, but she made it happen.
Wow! Congrats on the room upgrade and being able to pick up tickets from hotel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
yup... and then big time changes at the Poly for DVC...

I just can't get excited about the Poly DVC, it just looks cramped, ruined beach by Tahiti, and turning it into dvc, and sticking another DVC building in the middle. Bleck! They should have just stuck with the one DVC at the end. They are getting greedy, and ruining one of the nicest resorts.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: