Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #2401
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Someone mentioned that one of the all stars food courts will be going down for rehab this fall. Does anyone know which one?
All Star Sports Aug 5 to Dec 20 the food court will be down for rehab. Buses will run to the other AS resorts for them to use the other food courts.

Anyone know how this will affect crowds at meal times? Will Music get most of the crowd?

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
JoanneDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #2402
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneDisFan View Post
Anyone know how this will affect crowds at meal times? Will Music get most of the crowd?
Good guess, if the "motor coaches" just stop at Music first. Although the info below says two buses will run during mealtimes, so maybe the flow will be divided between the two.

Details from the All Ears newsletter:

-- The End Zone Food Court at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort will be closed for refurbishment from August 5 until December 20, 2013. During this time, made-to-order food will not be available. Grab-and-go food items (cold sandwiches, cereal, etc.) will be available in a temporary location -- the Game Point Arcade. (Arcade games will not be available during this refurbishment.) Motor coach transportation to the other All-Star Resorts will be available throughout the day during this period, and two motor coaches will run during mealtimes. You will be able to board motor coaches from the porte-cochere outside the All-Star Sports lobby. Coaches will travel to the porte-cocheres at both All-Star Music and All-Star Movies. This transportation will also be available if you'd like to enjoy the Note'able Games and Reel Fun arcades at the other All-Star resorts.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #2403
email_shell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yay! Glad to hear Values now have fridges. All the more reason to stick with value resorts. We actually talked about upgrading to a moderate during free dining since it was only a different of $100 total, but DD would rather stay at Movies.
Wow how did you get a difference of only $100 total when comparing a moderate?
email_shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #2404
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

It was only100$ give or take a couple dollars we went with pofq switched from allstar movies. Got fd but not quick but we were never planning on doing quick at the value so it made Sense to go to moderate for that price.
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #2405
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

This will be our first time staying at All-Star Movies, and I have a couple questions:

Which location is better, Love Bug or Mighty Ducks? Looks like LB has the water play area, and MD has a pool and laundry room. Also, which is a closer walk to the bus stops?

Is there a fee for bed rails?

Thanks!
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #2406
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

IMHO, Mighty Ducks is a better location.
But Herbie is cuter.

It's been a while, I don't remember the "water play area", so didn't consider that in this opinion.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #2407
shyjade
DIS Veteran

We did not see a water play area when we stayed in LB area last May.

Mighty Ducks is VERY close to the All-Star Music's bus stop (closer than the Movies bus stop).

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #2408
Jenny1975
Earning My Ears

Staying at All Star Movies for the first time this December and can't wait! We have always have stayed at POP but I think All Star Movies looks more "Disney" and cute/kiddie to me and wanted to try it!

I also got a "preferred"Toy Story room!!
Christmas 2013 @ Port Orleans French Quarter
October 2014 @ Port Orleans French Quarter

Jenny1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #2409
alisha123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1975 View Post
Staying at All Star Movies for the first time this December and can't wait! We have always have stayed at POP but I think All Star Movies looks more "Disney" and cute/kiddie to me and wanted to try it!

We leave tomorrow for all star movies "preferred toy story" can't wait my kids are as excited as me!!
alisha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #2410
Austinsmom068
Mouseketeer

I'm going Sept 8th - 13th. I payed extra for the preferred toy story section. Has anybody ever payed extra for the preferred section and didn't get to stay where they asked for? My 2 yrs old son is obsessed. He wakes up at 6:45 every morning screaming to infinity and beyond!
Austinsmom068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #2411
dkdkdunaways
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinsmom068 View Post
I'm going Sept 8th - 13th. I payed extra for the preferred toy story section. Has anybody ever payed extra for the preferred section and didn't get to stay where they asked for? My 2 yrs old son is obsessed. He wakes up at 6:45 every morning screaming to infinity and beyond!
We stayed there in December 2011. Booked through travel agent and she put in our request for toy story but when we got there they had us booked in a different building. Just make sure you ask when you get there. They kindly put us in the buzz lightyear building. It was very quiet. Your son should love the life size RC car on the path to the main building. I have pictures of each of my older teenage sons in it. The whole area is pretty cool. We're staying at POP September 22-28. Figured we'd try something new this time. Have fun!!!
dkdkdunaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #2412
dkdkdunaways
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1975 View Post

We've stayed at All Star Movies and opted for POP this coming September to try something different. Loved Movies though.
dkdkdunaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #2413
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdkdunaways View Post
We stayed there in December 2011. Booked through travel agent and she put in our request for toy story but when we got there they had us booked in a different building. Just make sure you ask when you get there. They kindly put us in the buzz lightyear building. It was very quiet. Your son should love the life size RC car on the path to the main building. I have pictures of each of my older teenage sons in it. The whole area is pretty cool. We're staying at POP September 22-28. Figured we'd try something new this time. Have fun!!!
Our ASMo stay was in 2009, so YMMV, but we requested Toy Story and got Fantasia. I ended up loving our room location, but at check-in I asked about the request and was told they simply didn't have any TS rooms available. My DH isn't one to go for a mid-stay room change, either, so I didn't even ask if that would have been a possibility. We just took what they gave us.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #2414
alisha123
Mouseketeer

We just got back from ASMo and were in TS stayed right behind where woody sits! We loved it! Had a blast, was convenient to pool, food, bar, games, buses. Had a great stay at ASMo!!!!
alisha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #2415
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All Star Sports Aug 5 to Dec 20 the food court will be down for rehab. Buses will run to the other AS resorts for them to use the other food courts.

I'm hoping that many of the Sports guests will skip the buses and just walk next door to Music. That's one of the reasons I switched my ressie from Music to Movies last week. Plus, I believe Movies has a bigger food court than Music, so they should be able to better accommodate the extra diners. I'll be eagerly watching for feedback when the renovation starts at Sports next month.

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: