Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

Dlh.....

Hi all....

Well, had a bit of time, and decided to price up dlh for our trip next July 2014.... Thing is, not sure what is a good deal and what isn't.... Lol

I do really want to stay here, it's my 40 th and I not having a party or anything, so dlh is a treat, but finding it hard to c past the price having only ever stayed in Cheyenne... But the location and the fact we will b there in Summer hols means we can go back when it gets too much.....

So.... Prices

Under the 2 nights free - so total 4 nights

£2078 1 adult, 2 children
£2242 2 adults, 2 children...

Thinking of perhaps getting an ap just for extra discounts for me which is easily the difference....

BUT is this a good price for summer holidays (mon to fri) or have ppl had much better deals..... And also, how long is the 2 nights free, early booking offer on til?? (How long to make a decision??)

We need a good price as we have this trip as part of a longer holiday, and really need to save as much as I can....

Thanks!!! Xx

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

If you check the basic brochure price for this summer and then take of 40%, which is the usual offer, or 50% for a flash sale. Is this a better price than the 2 nights free? If so, you might want to wait, but if not then you might be better booking now. The brochure price will most definitely be more next year.

I've just priced up summer using the Voyage Prive sale, 50% off for DLH and for 3 nights it's coming in at £1500 approx - so if you look at it that way, then it would be £3k for 3 nights - which is way more than you can 4 nights just now for.

You could always book, pay a deposit and then save. If you manage to get a better deal nearer the time you might be able to cancel or switch your booking.
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Last summer (2012) we were booked at the Newport Bay and when the 40% offer came out I priced up the DLH ..... even though I knew it would still be more than we'd want to pay! I can't remember exactly how much it was but I know it was coming to well over £3000 - this was for two rooms, one with 2 adults in and the other 3 adults, for 3 nights in August. Needless to say we stuck with the NPB (and were very happy there!)

So ..... I don't think your price is unreasonable for July considering that's an extra night on us and it's for two years on .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampbunny View Post
I do really want to stay here, it's my 40 th and I not having a party or anything, so dlh is a treat, but finding it hard to c past the price having only ever stayed in Cheyenne...
Go on, go for it, treat yourself!!

We stayed at the DLH for my 50th in 2011, luckily it was May so a lot more reasonably priced, but it was wonderful and one of those life moments you can't really put a price on. I'm firmly in the camp that everyone should stay there at least once in their life, if they want to, of course!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
addverbaan
DIS Veteran

wow! that seems alot to me! We booked under the 2 night free offer 1 adult one paying child for 4 nights was 1350 euro about 1100 pounds? This is for half term in the run up to Halloween. May just be that that is a normal summer price but blimey that is a big difference! I have since upgraded to Caste Club as this trip is also my 40th b'day gift to myself which is super expensive so its not all about the money i guess - sometimes the heart wants what it wants!
addverbaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #5
scampbunny
It's emma's fault

Never thought to check other websites, so might have a look... Not got a brochure, r they out for next year yet? So not sure the 'normal' price lol

There r soooo many plus points for staying there, just the one negative is the price lol originally I was lookin at just the 3 nights as will b in paris on Sunday night and thought get a cheap place for the Monday night n b in Disney early on tues and leave late on the Friday... But atm with the 2+2 it's makin it same price as 3 nights so having 4 nits does save a bit, and obv get a bit more time in the park with an extra day.....

Remind me again on the info on changing a booking??
I've never changed a booking, so am a bit fuzzy.... If I book this and pay deposit, obv I don't have to pay until about may 2014, so, I can change it before then.... Yes?? Wud there b a cost?? And what if the price goes down???

It wud be so lovely..... And means dh cud take cay back if he got stressed or we cud go for a swim without a long walk/buses.... Oh, n dh will get no say in this anyhow haha

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
adr2.8i
Back from the magic....and now hooked!

i have stayed at the Grand Floridian in Florida (a works freebie trip) and whilst it was a truely stupendous hotel, i couldnt justify the cost of staying there. (unless i was stupidly rich of course)!!

the DLH looks just as stupendous and the location is even better than the Floridian, but the price is just crazy in my eyes. You only sleep and have breakfast in a hotel, and for me, i would rather "slum" it in the santa fe and walk an extra 10 mins to the parks and spend the extra savings on stupid stuff like Buzz lightyear laser guns, a woody outfit, more teddies that i dont need and silly minnie ears.

Although Maybe i can stay there one day when i win the lottery!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
scampbunny
It's emma's fault

Do agree.... But as we are gonna b ther in middle of summer with long hrs, school holidays, possible hot weather and an autistic child, the position is what wud work for us more as too much time to go out, thru bag check, onto bus, off bus, and then all way back again....

And it's for a special birthday.... But I still want a good deal lol

Seems like it must b about £3k for 3 nights in summer normally... So seems a deal, and now thinking maybe just book in one adult, and get 1 adult n 2 chil passes from cem (a fab deal atm for older kids up to 11 so hoping they run it again lol)

Old 05-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
ghockley1981
Wishes his work lift was ToT
Was brainwashed by the DLRP Clique!
Says your safe is very very safe

sounds like you have it sussed. it is expensive for what it is. but its your 40th so why the hell not lol
...Disney Cheyenne Feb 2013

Got Engaged at Disneyland Paris, took our Honeymoon at Disneyworld Florida
ghockley1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
adr2.8i
Back from the magic....and now hooked!

if you can afford it then do it!

its my 40th next sept but alas im just a poor miner from the valleys and i shall be spending my 40th at the Santa Fe!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
MissSkellington
Of cabbages and kings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghockley1981 View Post
sounds like you have it sussed. it is expensive for what it is. but its your 40th so why the hell not lol
Words to live by!

DLH is insanely pricey, when you figure you're paying to sleep there! But...the pros outweigh the cons to me. And it's gorgeous, and it's at the park entrance, and it's a short walk back to have a rest...the list goes on...it's the price tag that makes us hesitate.

Special occasions deserve special treats, and if you can afford it, then do it. If it makes you happy, do it. If its the one thing your heart really wants for your birthday, do it.

I can't comment on what's a good price (honestly, half price is still too much, it's a hotel!)... But it's a lovely one, and one I'm willing to pay the price to stay in...we had the same dilemma this week trying to decide if we should take advantage of the 25% off/half board...and tonight we bite the bullet and book. I just love the thought of staying on site, where I can still have a more subtle dose of Disney goodness even while sleeping,and what could be better than waking up for your birthday at the Pink Palace?

It's expensive...crazy like. But you know that going in. If YOU like the price, and can afford it and not have to live on toast for a year after, then I say treat yourself.
*WDW 2005 - POP (April) *DLR 2008 (May) - offsite
*DLR 2008 (Oct) - offsite *DLR 2009 (Dec) - offsite
*WDW 2011 (Feb) POR *1st DLRP 2012 (Nov) SL
*DLRP 2013 (Feb) NPBC *DLRP 2013 (June) DLH
*DLRP 2013 (Oct) SL *DLRP 2013 (Nov) HNY *DLRP 2014 (Jan) DLH
MissSkellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
scampbunny
It's emma's fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSkellington View Post

Words to live by!

DLH is insanely pricey, when you figure you're paying to sleep there! But...the pros outweigh the cons to me. And it's gorgeous, and it's at the park entrance, and it's a short walk back to have a rest...the list goes on...it's the price tag that makes us hesitate.

Special occasions deserve special treats, and if you can afford it, then do it. If it makes you happy, do it. If its the one thing your heart really wants for your birthday, do it.

I can't comment on what's a good price (honestly, half price is still too much, it's a hotel!)... But it's a lovely one, and one I'm willing to pay the price to stay in...we had the same dilemma this week trying to decide if we should take advantage of the 25% off/half board...and tonight we bite the bullet and book. I just love the thought of staying on site, where I can still have a more subtle dose of Disney goodness even while sleeping,and what could be better than waking up for your birthday at the Pink Palace?

It's expensive...crazy like. But you know that going in. If YOU like the price, and can afford it and not have to live on toast for a year after, then I say treat yourself.
U r right.... The pros do outweighs the only con lol

Unfortunately my bday is actually march, but seeing as I'm not celebrating it then, I'm celebrating it in Disney lol and it is also Dhs, but he's not celebrating in Disney rofl. I'm not having a party or anything like that, in fact, I've never done anything for any of my big birthdays (18,21,30) so I'm entitled yes??? Haha. I think I will def go get a brochure and look at the price on paper even if its for this year, and then decide.... But I think it works out well getting aps separate for me and boys.... Then it wud b rude not to go back haha. BUT, I am also holding out that runDisney may hold this elusive half Marathon in the autumn, so I cud take advantage....

Old 05-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
scampbunny
It's emma's fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr2.8i View Post
if you can afford it then do it!

its my 40th next sept but alas im just a poor miner from the valleys and i shall be spending my 40th at the Santa Fe!
We r not rich, I wish we were then I'd have no worries.... But we've never had a big holiday, and with no other celebrations/parties, I'd rather spend the money from those on this trip which will b part of our main holiday.... I will prob have to b getting a job to pay for it tho lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: