Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #91
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Hope the illness didn't last to long for you both Mandy
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #92
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Thursday 25th April

I woke around 7.30am and felt a lot better (yay!), I got showered, sorted out my book and iPod and was ready for a morning of sunbathing as it was a be-oot-iful day at sea (as Brent the Cruise Director would say). I grabbed a latte at the Cove Cafe which was free as I'd had my card stamped 5 times and we headed up to top deck. It was so nice out, not too hot at all, and we enjoyed a lazy lie out for a few hours

Before long it was lunch time, so we headed to Cabanas. I had some parsnip soup, some chicken and some veggies, then a small plate of red Thai chicken curry, Paul had some chicken and chips and a bit of steak, there was so much to choose from and it wasn't long till we were full to bursting

We had a very chilled afternoon where we would relax in our room or had a Bahama Mama or two at the Cove Bar and had fun watching the kiddies disco in the Atrium

View from our virtual porthole

Our 'Roaming Mickey', a new idea on the DIS, a door magnet that is sent around the ship and you can leave a message on

This evening we had a reservation for Palo at 6.30pm. We got showered and changed and as we were a little early for our ressie, we had a drink in the Meridian Lounge. Once we were taken though to Palo, we were seated in a booth and once again Olivera was our server

We had a lovely meal, to start we were given breads and a plate of anti-pasti. I ordered mozzarella and tomato to start and Paul had a small portion of the ravioli and we ordered a bottle of Asti Martini

Next came a sorbet mouth cleanser

For our main I had the rack of lamb, and Paul had the beef tenderloin Palo with red wine

For dessert I had Tiramisu (of course) and Paul had Panna Cotta

And we finished off with their vodka/limoncello drink. It really was a lovely meal and evening too

As we were leaving Palo, we noticed two of our tablemates, Terri & Jimmy eating there too, so we stopped by for a quick chat

We popped back to the room to change into something less tight lol, then we went to La Piazza to see Alisha and have a couple of Bahama Mamas, then we called it a night

Tomorrow ~ Castaway Cay

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #93
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Just read this through in one go wow, how exciting to be on a B2B cruise, what a lovely feeling it will be on disembarkation day knowing you've got another seven days!

Glad to see you're both feeling better, I've just had my breakfast yet I've still been drooling over that Palo brunch food!

And no, I don't think you're weird for not advertising the fact that you're going away, I'm always telling my DDs not to post too much info about holidays on facebook as you never know who's reading it!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #94
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Lovely dress you had on in Palo. Glad you were better and could enjoy the meal.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #95
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

So glad you were both feeling better and able to enjoy the day & Palo. That dress looks really good on you. I love that lemon & vodka drink they bring in Palo - sort of like a Grey Goose slushie but better.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #96
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Love your Palo dress Mandy. So glad you were both feeling better. Yay, Castaway Cay next - Serenity Bay
wilma-bride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #97
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am glad that you were feeling better. I love the dress you wore to Palo and dinner looked great.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #98
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Ive only just found your trip report but have enjoyed reading it.

Its a shame you were both ill but sounds like you still made the most of your time so far.

Fab pictures
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge@Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday@Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #99
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Another fan of your dress Mandy

What a perfect sea day you had, lots of relaxing and yummy food and drink
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #100
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Looking at your pics again, how was Paul feeling? He looks like he doesn't feel great, I'm sure he was still feeling his cold. You, on the other hand, look really good!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #101
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Just read this through in one go wow, how exciting to be on a B2B cruise, what a lovely feeling it will be on disembarkation day knowing you've got another seven days!

Glad to see you're both feeling better, I've just had my breakfast yet I've still been drooling over that Palo brunch food!

And no, I don't think you're weird for not advertising the fact that you're going away, I'm always telling my DDs not to post too much info about holidays on facebook as you never know who's reading it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Lovely dress you had on in Palo. Glad you were better and could enjoy the meal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
So glad you were both feeling better and able to enjoy the day & Palo. That dress looks really good on you. I love that lemon & vodka drink they bring in Palo - sort of like a Grey Goose slushie but better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Love your Palo dress Mandy. So glad you were both feeling better. Yay, Castaway Cay next - Serenity Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that you were feeling better. I love the dress you wore to Palo and dinner looked great.

Corinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
Ive only just found your trip report but have enjoyed reading it.

Its a shame you were both ill but sounds like you still made the most of your time so far.

Fab pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Another fan of your dress Mandy

What a perfect sea day you had, lots of relaxing and yummy food and drink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
Looking at your pics again, how was Paul feeling? He looks like he doesn't feel great, I'm sure he was still feeling his cold. You, on the other hand, look really good!
Thanks for all your lovely comments everyone

That was my favourite dress for my holiday, it was from Coast at Debenhams, and thankfully my two days of illness meant I didn't put on too much weight that week

Jenny, Paul was still full of cold, but thankfully it didn't stop him doing anything

Old 05-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #102
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Friday 27th April

We got up around 8.30am, and we were already docked at Castaway Cay. It was another lovely sunny morning, so once showered and changed we headed up to deck 11 for Paul to get some breakfast from Cabanas, and I got my usual Latte from Billie in the Cove Cafe (along with a couple of yummy looking pastries)

While I was being served, our Cruise Director, Brent announced that we were able to disembark. We took our time and wandered up another deck or two to take some photos of the island

After a short while we disembarked and walked down towards the family beach calling in at the shops along the way

Cont'd ...

Old 05-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #103
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

We then took the shuttle to Serenity Bay where we found some loungers and an umbrella and parked ourselves for the next few hours

The temperature probably got into the low 80's, but we had a lovely breeze keeping us comfortable. We ordered a Konk Kooler for me and a Bahama Mama for Paul (got to love those Konk Koolers, but I can only have one coz they always give me a brain freeze lol)

Around 1ish we headed to the Serenity Bay BBQ, where we enjoyed cheeseburgers, salads, chicken, steak etc

We then sat at the Castaway Air Bar for a Bahama Mama each. We sat out for another hour or so, and at one point there was a bit of commotion down the far end of the beach and the women were brushing their hair and preening themselves, then I saw the reason for all this ... yes Captain Jack Sparrow was walking up the beach and stopping for photo opportunities, so I put a comb through my hair and joined him (though he wasn't happy when I referred to him as Jack ... It's Captain Jack, he corrected me )

After a while we took the shuttle back to the family beaches. It was very warm over this side of the island, they didn't seem to have the breeze that we'd had, so we quickly took some photos and had one last cocktail at the Conched Out Bar

Cont'd ...

Old 05-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #104
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

We were back onboard around 4, we had a quick shower and went down to the Atrium to see some of the characters before watching the ship leave the island. We then went back to our room to pack as we had a different room for our 2nd cruise

A little while later we went up to top deck where we watched a lovely sunset, then we returned to our room to get ready for dinner

Tonight we were back in the Enchanted Garden. All our tablemates were there and we had a nice evening talking about the cruise, future cruises and what we were all up to next. For starters I had the potato & leek soup and Paul had the trio of salmon. For our mains we both had the Beef Wellington, which was very nice, then to finish off we both had the Apple & Cranberry Crumble with Vanilla Ice-cream, it was all very good

We said goodbye to our new friends and handed our servers their tip envelopes and took a few photos

We watched the Farewell show in the Atrium and had a few photos with the characters, then went to see Alisha in La Piazza for a one last Bahama Mama from her as she was moving to the crew bar the following day. We had one final drink in The Tube, then headed to bed

Tomorrow ~ Port Canaveral & re-boarding The Disney Fantasy

Old 05-16-2013, 02:28 AM   #105
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

what a great day, love your sunset piccies

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: