DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #31
Docmom
Mouseketeer

We were in your same conundrum. Had been looking at resales for a few months and the few that we really liked already had contracts when we called. So ended up buying direct with good incentives when we were on a Disney cruise at the end of April. Bought AKL (December UY) and while we've never stayed there before are happy with the choice (kids love animals). DH didn't want to go through the resale hassle at this point and neither of us wanted to wait until 2014 or 2015 for points for various reasons. While we most likely won't use the points for a cruise we like the option that we can; and also like the option of being able to go on the member cruises if we choose. As far as booking goes...I haven't had a real problem but that could be because we live in Florida and our trips are going to be short and we are fairly flexible with the dates (and I'll admit I'm a newbie, albeit, an obsessed one who's spent hours this past week on the DVC website looking at options). Will have our first trip next week - called MS last week when we closed and got a 1 BR Savannah view at AKL for 3 nights. I know they gave us some pixie dust on that one because initially she said they didn't have all 3 days but when she saw it was our first trip she put me on hold and came back with all 3 days!!! I've also booked 2 days in September in a 1BR at BLT and am researching a few days during Food and Wine. And, yes, there is availability during that time, not at Beach Club or BWV but BLT, SSR and AKV had 1 BR and studios. Bottom line is go with your gut feeling. Yes, resale is less expensive but if you can't find one that works for you then that is irrelevant. Also, it seems like resale prices have gone up in the past few weeks. Don't know if that's because of demand or if it's because Disney announced a price increase for June for direct. Good luck with whatever route you choose!
Docmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #32
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmom View Post
We were in your same conundrum. Had been looking at resales for a few months and the few that we really liked already had contracts when we called. So ended up buying direct with good incentives when we were on a Disney cruise at the end of April. Bought AKL (December UY) and while we've never stayed there before are happy with the choice (kids love animals). DH didn't want to go through the resale hassle at this point and neither of us wanted to wait until 2014 or 2015 for points for various reasons. While we most likely won't use the points for a cruise we like the option that we can; and also like the option of being able to go on the member cruises if we choose. As far as booking goes...I haven't had a real problem but that could be because we live in Florida and our trips are going to be short and we are fairly flexible with the dates (and I'll admit I'm a newbie, albeit, an obsessed one who's spent hours this past week on the DVC website looking at options). Will have our first trip next week - called MS last week when we closed and got a 1 BR Savannah view at AKL for 3 nights. I know they gave us some pixie dust on that one because initially she said they didn't have all 3 days but when she saw it was our first trip she put me on hold and came back with all 3 days!!! I've also booked 2 days in September in a 1BR at BLT and am researching a few days during Food and Wine. And, yes, there is availability during that time, not at Beach Club or BWV but BLT, SSR and AKV had 1 BR and studios. Bottom line is go with your gut feeling. Yes, resale is less expensive but if you can't find one that works for you then that is irrelevant. Also, it seems like resale prices have gone up in the past few weeks. Don't know if that's because of demand or if it's because Disney announced a price increase for June for direct. Good luck with whatever route you choose!
Congrats on the newbie pixie dust, and enjoy your new home!

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: