Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #31
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Day 4

Again woke up after receiving wake up call from Mickey. I felt soooo lazy and tired... But I wanted to do an early start and had no wish to wait in queue from breakfast.
kids watched cartoons a bit while I was getting things ready.

No queue for breakfast, but crowded in restaurants already. they were having some meetings, so many tables were reserved for some groups.

Ignas barely had something, but I had decided not to care and buy something later for him. no need to spoil the mood first thing in the morning.
Gailius began to tell he had headache. I noticed before he cold and was sneezing, so I did check up and he had sinusitis. And what's worst - I had taken this particular medicine from my bag thinking that my kids wouldn't need that on our trip. bad mom... bad thinking... gave him some painkillers.

After our breakfast Gailius rushed to see the list. Getting photos and autographs was "must do" for him. No matter how many mickeys and donalds he would meet.

So, this morning my kids met Mickey.

Can't remember who else had to be there, but kids decided not to wait. So we headed to the bus and rushed to the parks.

it was cold. And crowded. And the worst thing happened - Buzz was closed. So was Peter Pan. And tea cups. Crowded and basically nothing open.
I wonder what was going on. Lots of people and nothing to ride. And bad weather. We did Carousel.

And then headed to Dumbo. It was around 25 mins wait. It was Ignas first ride on Dumbo.Gailius had the flying elephant all for himself.

Then we wandered around and bumped into someone we didn't expect to meet.

It was just walk on meet'n'greet with very very few people around. Suzy and Perla too gave lots of attention to autograph books. I had no page prepared for them.

It was time for It's a small world. Kids love that ride. And it warm inside too

I had planned to meet Duffy the bear that morning, so we headed back to Main st.USA and browsed the shops a bit.

Gailius decided to have some fun. he makes a very lovely pirate, doesn't he?

Then we stopped to meet Duffy the bear. No queue at all. Walk on, just a few people. We were there before Duffy and it was really lovely when CM called for Duffy and pretended he overslept. what a great meet'n'greet. So lovely. Great interaction. Not to miss.

We visited more shops on our way back to the castle...
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/Avarhiliel/DSC_0379-1_zpsd496e0f3.jpg[/IMG

We bought some Mickey shaped cookies
and Ignas decided he'd like this "thing"

He just had few bites. I think he expected something else as gave it to me. I didn't like it either.
While we were browsing the shops, kids told me they would like to get something for Jonah as a gift. Donalds Dick's wife had told us that Jonah had lost his Duffy the bear, so my kids chose a little Mickey with a chain, so Jonah could hang him on his stroller and not loose the toy. Also they chose a card, Ignas insisted on McQueen one. What else could you expect form him? Gailius wrote a short message and was very proud of it - school paid off Ignas wanted to write something too, but then drew a sun.

we met Donald Duck's wife and her family and the castle again. kids waited for the train and asked if we could go and meet Daisy, so we did.

The we headed to the Story book ride. Kids just love this one. can't remember how many times we did it.

After that we did Casey.Jr. and It's a small world.

It was time for lunch and we all decided to have a good meal on Colonel's Haiti Pizza outpost (did I get the name right?)
And we were lucky to meet Baloo. Who was very impressed by autograph book's. He showed his pic to people around and kept pointing himself to the cast member. CM kep saying "yes, Baloo, you are right - it's you"

We had a very good lunch here. Food was great. The weather was fine so we sat outside. Gailius was very happy to play with Jonah's grandma and learned something new "it's gone". I'll explain: Gailius and Jonah's grandma found a nice game to play. You just have to strike the spoon and watch it fly away.... Gailius wasn't very happy they were leaving just after lunch. But Jonah had a gift for the too. They headed to the shop and chose their gifts. A gun. Well, a small one... Happy happy happy

We said goodbyes, waved and parted. Sad moment...

April, 2014 SF; March, 2013, SL; Marc, 2012, HNY; March, 2011, HNY
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #32
Isila

Then we headed to Frontierland. We visit this part of the park rarely. kids don't do rides there - too scary, too thrill rides. But we were just in the for the Molly Brown. nice, calm ride. Love it.

And yes, we did obligatory photos again...

I had promised kids we would go and see stunt show again. But I had made huge mistake and mixed up times and the sown had already started. kids were so upset and angry with my. made a promise will do it tomorrow. Instead of stunt show we did Cars and Slinky dog. And took a pic.

kids were hungry and I decided to go to Annette's as while going into village I could so no queue there. And it wasn't crowded. And what a good decision it was.

We ere just in time, people started to hit the place 30mins later and it was packed.
So, Gailius had burger from kids menu.
And it was good because he ate it all. He said it was the best burger he had.

Ignas had a hotdog.

I had a rock'n'roll burger and it was one of th best burgers I had - tasty, delicious and big one.

After our great dinner we headed back to the hotel. And waited for the bus.

Strange thing, but I do think SL bus runs rarely. Other hotel's buses run more often. I saw 2 SF, 2 Cheyenne buses pass and no SL one...

kids had a bubble bath again. So did I. A great way to relax after busy day.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Another fun packed day....your photos capture every moment! We love Annettes too! Hate when I mix up times of shows....so easy to do too! Enjoying reading your trip report!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #34
Isila

We enjoyed Annette's so much! It's a great place and the food is very good. A must do on next visit!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #35
crmscotland
DIS Veteran

Great trippie. Thanks for posting.

2013 DLP - HNY
2010 WDW - CBR
2008 DLP - DLH
2007 DLP - Sequoia Lodge
2006 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne
2001 DLP - Santa Fe
2000 DCA - Disneyland Pacific Hotel
1995 WDW - offsite
1993 DLP - offsite
crmscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #36
Isila

Continuing on day 5...

Sp, wake up call from Mickey again. I did felt lazy and bad weather added to it. But still managed to get up and wake kids up. Slowly slowly but we made it to the restaurant for daily mad breakfast

On this trip we had pleasure to have breakfast in both hotel's restaurants, while in HNY we only had breakfast in Parkside dinner.

of course after we filled ourselves kids rushed for the meet'n'greet.
It was Donald. I lost the number of how many donalds we met... Donald became the favorite one for my Ignas.

I do love his outfit

Our morning looked like the ones before: bus and EMH - Buzz, carousel, Tea cups.. Buzz...

Kids again wanted to try to take the sword. And asked me if we could wait and see if anyone succeeds :D

Here I got angry with people. We waited in so called line to get a photo, but some people think it's all right to jump in front of you.. I could have killed them with my sight

So, we headed to studios as I promised we would see stunt show again. But before that we had some fun at screaming academy.

And to Toy story playland for some fun....

It was cold. But the show was great once again. Ignas got scared at all the shooting and fire. But so much fun. And yes - Lightning McQueen.

As we were cold I decided to go and see Animagique or Cinemagique and as my memory is short I can't remember which one we did. But I think it was Cinemagique. Great, exiting and warm we did both Animagique and Cinemagique two times this trip. Ah, I remember now. It was Cinemagique as Ignas wanted to do this and Gailius asked for Stitch. We decided we would do Stitch later.

After the show we were hungry and I decided we would go to Rainforest cafe. Last time they had a better menu. It wasn't crowded, we had a very good server. Food wasn't that good and I wouldn't take what we had this time. Still the atmosphere is great. Kids got some pencils and activity book along with the menu.

I had a non alcoholic cocktail

Kids burger. Don't order, it's not worth it.

My roasted half chicken. It was good but difficult to eat. I admit I didn't expect to get a half of a chicken

Kids ice cream with gummy bears. Again - not worth it.

And my dessert. the only great food this time.

After our not so good dinner we went to park for some fun and rides. The weather was getting a bit warmer, so we found a nice spot next to Fantasyland gates just where teh parade starts. I sat on a bench and placed our stroller at the line to keep the spot. And it was a good idea. Kids had lots of fun playing pirates.

Then we saw a band

Right, here my short memory strikes again. According to my photos we didn't stay for the parade as we went to meet Mickey and Jack Sparrow... So, let's believe the photos and move on to Meet Mickey. It said 25 mins wait. Kids loved the cartoons, but it was soooooooooooooooooo hot inside. No air conditioning?

And my kids got to meet Mickey. And this is way you go to DLP. For this reaction. For this smile. For this happiness.

ok, give me a moment for a cry....

Last edited by Isila; 04-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
Isila

Let's acrry on. Where was I? Oh yes, Meet Mickey.

Ignas also got his pic

And I made cute ones too

The we rushed to meet The captain. He was so much fun. he took gailius autograph book, took a close look, looked at the cover, checket Gailius picture with him, browsed some pages and said in a proud voice " I remember you"

Ignas hot scared when Jack lifted him up and placed on a barrel. But he was also very very happy after that.

We walked around the park and went to see the dragon. Last year it was closed on our visit.

We had a light snack at Casey's corner again and went back to our hotel. This evening we decided to go to a bar. Finally So we waited for the bus.. and waited... and waited... Got back to hotel and rested for a while. Refreshed ourselves and where in a mood for a fine evening.

bar was crowded, but we did find a nice spot. It's a shame no fir in a fireplace. We had a funny server. I ordered a cocktail - alcoholic this time, cocktail for the kids and kid's snack.
So, kids got Captain Hook figurines

Kids snack - chips, water, brownie and ham and cheese sandwiches.

My cocktail

Kids didn't find it much fun just sitting and enjoying their drinks and went to have some fun at kids corner. And I enjoyed my cocktail hour.

Later on we went back to our room. Tired, but happy. Day 5 over.. Why the time goes so fast while in DLP?

Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #38
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

I just love your photos of your boys with mickey! Brilliant that you got some quality cocktail time it really is becoming the Dis Boards must do!

Loving reading all about your trip.....and the photos are excellent!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #39
Isila

Next must do on my list is Cafe fantasia in DLH. After seeing how wonderful cafe is I want to have a cocktail there. Cocktails in DLP are something special

Old 05-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #40
Isila

Day 6

Again we received wake up call from Mickey. It's a fun way to start the day. I wonder if it's always Mickey for wake up call?

It wasn't an easy night. Ignas had a bad sleep, woke up many times and I got an idea he wasn't feeling too well. I found him too warm. Checked the temperature in the morning, it was up, so gave some medicine and asked if he want us to stay in our room and not go anywhere. And Ignas said no.

So we went for our daily breakfast. Ignas again secretly placed few Nuttellas in my bag "for future use". He barely had anything that morning and I didn't force him to eat. I decied to buy him something later.

I think the medicine did it's job as after the breakfast Ignas was feeling better and having fun with his favorite duck.

The as every morning we took the bus and headed to the parks. We did Buzz - but you could feel it's weekend, it was more crowded. I'm not used to 15-20 min wait for Buzz during EMH. But we did get a nice ride as Ignas was brave enough to do the shooting himself. And I had nothign to do. We need 2 spaceships, but CMs don't allow Gailius alone.

And while everyone was riding a took a photo in front of the castle.

And we got a huge surprise - this was the morning when for the first time on our visits Sleeping beauty's tower (or what it is called ) was open. Never before we were able to see it. So we took the chance immediately. I loved. It's very beautiful. And the views from the balcony

Off to the Fantasyland we were. Tea cups

Boys love that ride. Sometimes we do 2 times in a row if queues are not too big.

Then we went to Alice's labyrinth. We did see characters next to it the other day, but boys didn't want to "queue".
So we made some tea party pics this time.

I don't know if it was a cold morning, but we all were cold. Ignas didn't look too well. I decided for videopolis in case it was open and cartoons were on. And we were lucky. Kids were very happy about it. I found a table, left the kids and went to get some hot chocolate and a snack. Cafe Hyperion wasn't serving food yet, but they did serve drinks and it was fine. I think we arrived just around 10.30.
So we sat and had our hot drinks while watching cartoons. Lucky again - this time they were showing different cartoons than on previous visits.
Around 11am I went back to get some snacks as I saw people coming with food. We got the kids menus and the food was hot and fresh. And it was getting packed. At first I even didn't notice that.
So, around 12 we left for Buzz ride as I had taken Fastpasses.Fun ride again.
And after our lovely ride it was the for the event of this trip - our Sunday brunch at Inventions.
For the first time I entered DLH. Oh wow, what can I say. I have to save money for staying in DLH. It's a must. We did take our time to look around. And yes, I got confused where to find the restaurant You get me - the FIRST time walking around DLH....

We were too early, but again - we had time to look around. Another must do for next trip - Cafe Fantasia.
And Do you hear the drums? Inventions open for Sunday brunch
What a lovely place. And the food. And the tables. And the atmosphere. And the view. And... oh my... we were seated right at the entrance. The tables were too fancy for my kids

I was offered a glass of champagne and kids were offered a juice cocktail. Nice I couldn't say no to it.
And the the food....

The food was great. I loved it. I was full, but I wanted more. There were to many different things to try. I would go there for the food. And I will go back.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #41
Isila

The theme was Enchanted forest and in few minutes after we were seated, we noticed a bunch of characters come in and spread around the restaurant.
Piglet was the first one to join our party. We didn't meet Piglet before.

I got a picture too

My champegne arrived

Ignas was waiting for more characters and wasn't interested in having anything to eat. Can you imagine what was going through my mind when thinking he wasn't eating and the sum oh money I'm paying for it... ?

Next was Tigger. In a playfull mood as always.

The in a slow motion Eeyore arrived. I admit - he played a sad Eeyore very well. Didn't give autograph though.

Don't know which one he is -Chip or Dale?

And here's the other one.

The duck.

Minnie took great interest in boys autograph book. She asked Gailius to show her the whole book and took a look at each picture and autograph. Paying lots attention to her pics Gailius was so happy. I am making autograph books like this for next trip.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #42
Isila

Then came Mickey.

And someone we haven't met before.

It was so great. 2 hours passed so quickly. It is worth the money. I will go back.
And we had another surprise at the end. They didn't charge me for Ignas. I don't know why, but it was a great deal for me. Well, he had just a few bites, so....

After our such a wonderful lunch/dinner we were too lazy to go anywhere but the day wasn't over. So we decided (or the kids asked) for Stitch or Cinemagique. Off to the studios we were.
I don't really remember if we did any rides but we went to Stitch live. 15 mins wait seemed to be longer than that. Ignas and I took a seat and Gailius asked if he could sit with all the kids in the front. So the show began, fun as always. So playfull. Stitch asked for a girls name, where she came from. And later pointed at the boy in the hat asking what his name was. There was a pause and I heard familiar voice telling "Gailius" Can you imagine how surprised I was? And how grateful I was for not asking where is he from? Gailius doesn't speak English. He doesn't understand it. But he did understand Stitch was asking for his name. And he was sooooooooo happy after the show. It was such a highlight for him. He even called dad to tell about it. Poor DH didn't understand what Gailius was speaking of.
Right after the show we rushed to cinemagique as it was just 20 - 15 mins wait. While waiting we saw characters arrive. Gailius rushed and met Goofy again.

There were barely some people to meet the characters. Great spot for meet'n'greet - no pushing, no rude people.

After the cinemagique we took cars ride and slinky dog and Ignas asked to go "home". So we went back to the hotel and I decided to check his temperature again. And it was very high. Gave him some medicine and went to concierge desk for some info and a kettle. I also bought the "tea pack". Got all the info about nearby hospitals, how to call a doctor and how to get medicine if prescribed. Just in case.

We spent the evening at our hotel room watching cartoons.

I decided not to get up early next morning. Besides - we had to leave next day. I packed our things. It was sad - our last day and Ignas getting sick. Didn't fell well myself because of that.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #43
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Catching up with your TR - love all the character photos, and Inventions looked lovely. Shame your ds not feeling well.
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #44
crmscotland
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading more of your trip report, great photos. Thanks for sharing.

2013 DLP - HNY
2010 WDW - CBR
2008 DLP - DLH
2007 DLP - Sequoia Lodge
2006 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne
2001 DLP - Santa Fe
2000 DCA - Disneyland Pacific Hotel
1995 WDW - offsite
1993 DLP - offsite
crmscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #45
Princess Clayre
Mouseketeer

Wonderful trip report so far. You have a lovely family.
Nov 05 offsite (Jack's first trip) * May '07 POP * May '08 POP/WL * Aug '10 SSR * May '12 SSR, May '13 SSR

Next trip: Our First Disney Cruise - Disney Magic Med Cruise Aug '14
Then Easter 2015 - WDW Yatch Club
Princess Clayre is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: