Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #1246
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Love the update, Jen! Lots of great animal shots even though it was bumpy.

You really have to do the Wild Africa Trek one day, Jen. It is one of the most awesome tours they offer! We had so much fun and you get to see the animals really up close ....... plus some "scary" bridges to cross.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #1247
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the update, Jen! Lots of great animal shots even though it was bumpy.

You really have to do the Wild Africa Trek one day, Jen. It is one of the most awesome tours they offer! We had so much fun and you get to see the animals really up close ....... plus some "scary" bridges to cross.
I really want to Karin. I hope I can work it in in the next year or so.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #1248
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We decided that those of us braver souls were going to get a fastpass for Expedition Everest. Claire has talked about doing this ride for a couple of years, but we havenít been back since she has been tall enough. The thing is, Claire can be a chicken at times. BUT when you have your brave cousin with you, you might become a little bit brave yourself and Claire decided she would go.
We all headed that way.

That sunlight was really not camera friendly.

We stopped off a minute to check these guys out.

And we decided to stop and get a photopass picture of our family.

At this very moment my Dad decides to turn his cell phone on and check his messages. We all kept yelling at him to get over here, but he totally did not hear a word we were saying and proceeds to stand there and call people back. Now if we had not stopped to get a picture done, he wouldíve been left behind. He was totally oblivious to the world around him at that moment. Oh well, weíre not going to hold up the photographer.

Notice that Abby is missing from the first one. She wasnít too sure about this. She decided to get in the 2nd one.

But there was NO WAY she was going to give a thumbs up.

On we went towards Everest.

We got our fastpasses and had a bit of time before we could use them, so we separated. I am not sure what the chickens, Ö..um I mean rest of the family did, but we made our way to dinoland to kill some time.

We saw a turtle swimming along.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #1249
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We entered Dinoland USA!

We decided to get in line for Triceratop Spin.

While in line, Claire and Alexis had a discussion about where they would sit and who would be driving. We figured out the best seat for each and I think they each got a front seat, while Rob and I were in the back seats. I think it was important to them to be able to lift us up and down.

I took pictures around the area before we got started and once in the air, I took some more.

Weeeeeeeeeee!

After that they decided to do Primeval Whirl. Thatís not something I like. I hate spinning, it makes me sick, so I walked around while they got in line.

It looks like this dino is going potty!

I browsed the store for a bit.

Took a peek to see if I could see them.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #1250
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think Rob texted me that they were getting on and I ran over and waited for them to come by.

It was really loud there and I think I shouted several times before they even noticed I was standing right there.

Off they went and I only got one more glimpse of them and then lost the way they were tracking.

After that it was time to head back to Everest. Rob mentioned on the way over that his muscles had been very sore ever since he had been in the hottub the day before on the ship. He said usually heís feels so much better, but this time he was so achy. I said that perhaps he cought a bug. Boy, I hate when I am rightÖ..

The FP line for Everest moved pretty quickly.

And then we were off!

The view as we climbed.

The thing about taking pictures while on a rollercoaster Ö..itís bumpy and hard to hold the camera, let alone focus.

I did try to explain what would happen to Claire as we went along, well from what I could remember.

It was a hit. She and Alexis both were all smiles when we got off.

In fact, it was so much fun that the girls wanted to ride again, and luckily the line was pretty much nonexistent at the moment.

They both joked about getting the front seat and how scary it would be. We ended up with 2nd and 3rd rows.

The backwards part soon became the favorite part of the ride.

I got a quick glimpse of the Yeti.

And another redneck shot of us.

I have tried to take a picture of these lanterns several times, but they always come out blurry and fuzzy.

The girls wanted to ride again, but it was now getting close to parade time, so we headed back to meet up with the family.

They had a spot saved and we all settled in. It was time for a snack and an ice-cream cart was very nearby, so I ran and got a Mickey bar for me and Claire a sandwich.

Geoff, Aunt Mary, Pete and Vicki had entered the park now and we texted back and forth to let them know where we were. They ended up just stopping along the way to watch the parade before catching up with us.

I took a few pictures while I waited for the parade to reach us.

It looks like we have a little pre-show entertainment.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #1251
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]
We stopped for a photo moment for Claire.

That is such a cute picture!

Yeah for the Christmas tree and decorations being up at AK. I really do love the AK Christmas tree. It is my absolute favorite because its so unique.

Boo to Jersey week crowds, although it looks like a gorgeous day.

I know that hungry feeling and I always have it worse at lunch time. I am always starving by 10:30 when I visit WDW.

Great giraffe pictures. Love them!

Off to read more.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #1252
MEK
DIS Veteran

You got all three lions on the rock? 3 Lions???????? I didn't even KNOW there were three lions. My entire mission in June is to get a decent lion picture. Just one. That's all I ask. It's not a big request.

So glad that Claire enjoyed EE. It's always wonderful when your children get over that hump and can really enjoy a ride.

Love you photos from the ride.

Also love the family PP pics. Well - except for the one when Abby was having no parts of it.

Geebras? Too cute!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #1253
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #1254
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

There are 2 Lion prides that rotate being on stage...the pride that has 2 and the pride that has 3. They rotate them onstage. Just learned that last week on the Wild Africa Trek.

Jill in CO
Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #1255
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I am the only one in my family that likes roller coasters.

I have decided on this August trip I am going to leave my family of chickens behind and hop on the single rider line of every roller coaster I encounter. Including Everest, which I have never ridden before because of my family full of chickens.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #1256
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is such a cute picture!

Yeah for the Christmas tree and decorations being up at AK. I really do love the AK Christmas tree. It is my absolute favorite because its so unique.

Boo to Jersey week crowds, although it looks like a gorgeous day.

I know that hungry feeling and I always have it worse at lunch time. I am always starving by 10:30 when I visit WDW.

Great giraffe pictures. Love them!

Off to read more.
I am glad I am not the only one who gets hungry like that.

I was so excited to see real Christmas decorations at Disney. finally after years of hoping, it was really happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You got all three lions on the rock? 3 Lions???????? I didn't even KNOW there were three lions. My entire mission in June is to get a decent lion picture. Just one. That's all I ask. It's not a big request.

So glad that Claire enjoyed EE. It's always wonderful when your children get over that hump and can really enjoy a ride.

Love you photos from the ride.

Also love the family PP pics. Well - except for the one when Abby was having no parts of it.

Geebras? Too cute!
I guess I never paid attention at how many were out. I just know they are lazy and hardly ever move.
I hope Claire remembers how much she liked EE next trip.
Abby can be a stinker. On Easter I chased her around to get her picture and she hid under the table every time she saw me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Awesome pics!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
There are 2 Lion prides that rotate being on stage...the pride that has 2 and the pride that has 3. They rotate them onstage. Just learned that last week on the Wild Africa Trek.

Jill in CO
I did not know that. Very interesting and now I need to do the trek for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I am the only one in my family that likes roller coasters.

I have decided on this August trip I am going to leave my family of chickens behind and hop on the single rider line of every roller coaster I encounter. Including Everest, which I have never ridden before because of my family full of chickens.
Sounds like a good plan. There have been times in years past where Skip and I each take turns and do the single rider lines. But it's more fun if Claire will go along as well.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #1257
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

It's funny how the body works. I can do Primeval Whirl no problem, but Expedition Everest makes me feel awful. I'm glad Claire and Alexis enjoyed it though!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #1259
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It's funny how the body works. I can do Primeval Whirl no problem, but Expedition Everest makes me feel awful. I'm glad Claire and Alexis enjoyed it though!
too funny, for me spinning = puke. Ok maybe not taht bad, but not feeling ggod for the rest of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
How awesome that you got to see the zebras. I understand they don't play well with others and got booted out of the safari.

Claire reminds me so much of my own daughter. The blond hair, pale skin and light colored eyes. She's beautiful !!

Looking forward to reading more !!

Susan
Someone else on antoehr board told me that in March only 1 was out because they were over grazing or something along those lines. i guess the zebra's are bossy little guys.

Thanks. I think she is beautiful too. She can be a stinker at time, but I think I'll keep her.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #1260
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I had been telling the family how much I LOVE this parade. This is my utmost favorite Disney parade currently running. My all-time favorite is Spectro Magic, but that seems to be dead now. So as we waited I kept telling Gail about this parade and how great the music is, and itís just so fun. I think I had her excited to see it as well.

Soon the parade made its way to us!

Here is something I had not noticed right off the bat. But something was different today.

It didnít take long for me to realize the music was slightly off. I have this on CD and listen to it quite often and when it changed I noticed it immediately.

HOLY COW!!!!!!! Itís the Christmas parade! I was so excited. I have never seen this version before. I even researched before I came to see when the first Christmas one started, but according to the history I found, I didnít expect to see it at all during our trip. It had dates like the 16th or 18 of Nov. This was the 8th! I later talked to a few other people who said that this week was the first showing, and actually the parade I saw this day was most likely the first one of the season.
I quickly told Gail that this was the Christmas one, and though similar, it wasnít completely the same.

Awww, isnít his tail cute?

The girls got a little attention. Mostly Alexis and Abby got attention and I think Claire was slightly jealous. But she has gotten plenty of attention on past visits, so I reminded her of that. I do think where we were standing kind of made her left out though a bit. We were next to a tree and the other kids were more visible from the floats than Claire and I were.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: