Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #1126
NaniKate
Earning My Ears

OMG I love your report. You have a lovely family! You know how to vacation! I have been going to WDW for years with my family - 4 children (all grown now) and am taking my first trip with my 20 mo old grandchild this month. You plan beautifully - taking time to rest and to play, letting your children set the tone. Your son is beautiful and reminds me of mine when he was that age. It took him a while to get used to loud, dark rides but he eventually did come around. Hearing about what rides you've taken your daughter on has helped me in planning on what I can take my grandson on - I would have never thought I could bring him on TSM but he will love it!! I can't wait to hear what happens next - thank you for writing such a wonderful trip report.
NaniKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #1127
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
Thanks for the congrats! Life is going to get crazy soon!!

I teach high school, so my kids going on vacation is different than if you pulled Parker for a week. It can be tough to gather everything they'll need if they ask for work to bring, then finding dates for them to make up missed tests and quizzes is another issue. But it gets worked out and the disciplined students do what they need to do to get everything done.
but crazy for the better

yeah i can see that, i think the oldest i was when my parents took me out of school was 6th grade.

thats good that you still will work with to get things done, even though it is a little more work on your part. kudos for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
A combination of things. The ambiance is much better at Yachtsman; the service much better, and the steak much better. LeCellier, when they went signature, I found the quality of the food to go down, you couldn't make substitutions like you used to. Just was not a pleasant last experience at LC.
i wonder if they just figured they had a name for themselves they didnt need to put all the extra work into it like they used to.

glad you found a good sub for it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
We are going to the Boardwalk in August and just decided to book a day before at Art of Animation. Your pictures reassured me we made the right choice. It looks fantastic!!
glad you are giving AoA a chance and staying there, i think you will love it, are you planning for that day to be a aresort day? it is a great place to explore the pools and just relax and have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaniKate View Post
OMG I love your report. You have a lovely family! You know how to vacation! I have been going to WDW for years with my family - 4 children (all grown now) and am taking my first trip with my 20 mo old grandchild this month. You plan beautifully - taking time to rest and to play, letting your children set the tone. Your son is beautiful and reminds me of mine when he was that age. It took him a while to get used to loud, dark rides but he eventually did come around. Hearing about what rides you've taken your daughter on has helped me in planning on what I can take my grandson on - I would have never thought I could bring him on TSM but he will love it!! I can't wait to hear what happens next - thank you for writing such a wonderful trip report.

thanks, glad you are enjoying it, while we are still a little tired after we leave from being in disney and doing alot, you dont want to get home from a vacation and feel that you NEED a vacation.

glad you are getting some good tips out of it, i have learned a TON from other peoples reports on here, and glad to give back a little tip and advice of my own.

TSM is fun for them, just have to hold onto them when the vehicle is going between scenes, it does move fast...I found that if you hold them tight to your body and have a hand on the side of there head it will be perfectly fine, i did that just to keep them from moving to much and so they didnt get scared from the vehicle moving quickly between scenese....neither kid had an issue with it.

parker was 8 months his first time on it, noelle was about 14 months on it.

hope you continue to enjoy it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #1128
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
glad she liked the rides after you took her on them.

is this the first time you have been then?
did you qualify for the free dinning dates they announced?

that is a great time to go.
Yes this is our first time going this time of year. Our first trip was in Feb 2011. We did get free dinning.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #1129
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day to Candi.

KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #1130
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Hawaii was one of the other booths I wanted to try but didn't. DH and I both turn 40 on our next bdays, and I keep hinting that an adults-only WDW trip would be great...during F&W would be even better! I'll keep working on him...

I did have a bowl of the soup while waiting for Illuminations our first night. We'd been there once before, and I'd enjoyed it. Someone usually makes it and brings it to the Indy DIS meet, so I can have it there, too - and it's usually almost as good! I love how your kids try this stuff. Mine almost turned into chicken nuggets this trip because they ate so many!

October 2012 Trip report

FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #1131
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed your last update till now !!! I have only eaten at Le Cellier once and while everything was good , I wouldn't say it is worth2 TS credits . I loved the cheese soup!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #1132
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Cheri here is the link. It is very good.

http://allears.net/din/rec_chsoup.htm

Dan you know me to well about the going right for a slushie. LOL
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #1133
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Cheri here is the link. It is very good.

http://allears.net/din/rec_chsoup.htm

thanks Scott!! What type of beer do you use? I am surprised it doesn't specify! a stout??

yum yum, I can't wait...only 43 days til I get my slush!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #1134
FauntleroyFAN07

sorry i havent posted in a while, been really busy around these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Yes this is our first time going this time of year. Our first trip was in Feb 2011. We did get free dinning.
thats awesome you will love it....of course being disney how could you not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Happy Mother's Day to Candi.

thanks i will share this with her, she had a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Hawaii was one of the other booths I wanted to try but didn't. DH and I both turn 40 on our next bdays, and I keep hinting that an adults-only WDW trip would be great...during F&W would be even better! I'll keep working on him...

I did have a bowl of the soup while waiting for Illuminations our first night. We'd been there once before, and I'd enjoyed it. Someone usually makes it and brings it to the Indy DIS meet, so I can have it there, too - and it's usually almost as good! I love how your kids try this stuff. Mine almost turned into chicken nuggets this trip because they ate so many!
that would great if you could pull that off just you two.

noelle is more adventurous than parker, but ill get him swung around in the right direction.

it would be fun to get to the indy meet, but our weekends are usually always slammed.

and when they are not we dont do anything but relax around the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Sorry I missed your last update till now !!! I have only eaten at Le Cellier once and while everything was good , I wouldn't say it is worth2 TS credits . I loved the cheese soup!!
i have never eaten there and dont think it is worth two credits. i save my 2 credits for shows like the luau 2 credits to me is using one of those for the free beer refills they offer. so one for the meal one for free refills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #1135
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 53. More Country hopping and we make a friend.

Chapter 53. More Country Hopping and we make a friend.

Leaving the good old UK we head across the pond to the France, but not before the photopass guy stopped us to get a nice sweaty picture of me and candi in that ackward kiss each other for the camera and try not to smile position.

It is a great shot, you are all sweaty from the parks, you probably dont smell the best in the heat, and you are to hold a kiss with your loved one, while sweat appears and makes it that much better. but who am i to turn down any sort of kiss from my lovely bride.

I have just started to notice this area the last trip after seeing pictures of it so i thought to take my own now.

We continue on into France

Here is where the france booth is for an idea of the area.

And of course there menu board, but we did not purchase anything here this time.

We did stop for another family picture by the fountain, parker was still enjoying his crackers so they came into the picture and caused a non teeth smile from him, noelle just looks honked off and isnt smiling for anyone

We left the fountain and all the people who were letting there kids put there feet in the water, not sure if that is frowned upon by disney or not, maybe next time ill bring my blow up pool chair and see what they think of that one.

we went straight back to the kid cot station in france so parker could get another stamp there, but first a stop to play with the ring toss game.

then it was time to get his stamp and name written in french.

i wont be signing noelle up anytime soon for a horseshoe tournament that little one didn't get anywhere close to the target, she even hit me once.

up next was a booth we were stopping at.

candi loves waffles so figured she would really like them here.

here is the booth complete with a guy in the bottom corner smiling in the picture.

he has inspired me to on future trips if i know that i will be in the background of someones picture to smile for the camera, it cracked me up.

while getting her waffle i yelled to her that we would go find a spot to sit down in the seating area, and that if she wanted i would take a beer flight...i mean if you look at the pricing individual ones are $3.50 and the flight is $8.50

so basically simple math tells me that the third beer is about 2/3 off so almost free and i had to take advantage of that steller deal.

i told her to get the godiva chocolate liqueur iced coffee but she came back to the table with out it and said she was just going to share my beers i didnt realize that was an option.

here is candis waffle.

she said it was nothing special she liked our homeade ones better and said she would not get it again if she had the chance.

Here is my beer flight complete with handy dandy holder to carry all three while walking.

if you see a hand up above the beer flight that is our friend that we sat with while enjoying our break,

she was from the great state of connecticute...and was down there at her families time share and participated in the race that weekend at disney the tower or terror race i believe it was.

she was a very nice lady we of course talked disney with her for about 20 minutes and stayed put under the umbrella of the table as it had started raining while we were there one of those disney 15 minute hard showers, luckily we stayed somewhat dry from the big umbrella and the one we brought with us.

after the died down we bid farewell from our new friend, and suggested a few of the food options that we had already tried from that way she was coming from the other direction so she gave us her imput on the food she tried so far.

we next came to new zealand and you can see the wet ground.

i was tempted by the lamb meatball but passed on it at the time having not seen any pictures before we came on the trip of it.

Morocco was our next stop, and i was trying something here.

i went for the kefta pocket, any time you tell me pita pocket and beef in the same sentence im all for it.

this pita pocket had a nice little hidden gem in it, there was a slaw in the bottom of it that was very good with the beef.

i have to be honest this snack was awesome the seasoning on the beef was fabulous i would get it again in a heart beat.

while i followed along the kids went into the morocco kid station to get a stamp and a name writing there as well.

parker was proud of the duffy traveling around the countries.

noelle just wanted to tour the countries and find some intstruments to bang on, she found the little bongo type drums here.

after our visit we ventured on to singapore, and almost was this close to getting the beef rendang with jasmine rice, but passed for some reason, i wonder how it was?

we had a mission that candi was pumped to get to but i will save that for next time....hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the weather if it is nice by you.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1136
cherbear
DIS Veteran

great update Dan!

yeah..that kiss does look awkward.

I think Noelle was mad that she didn't get to put her feet in the fountain too

I like the pic with the smiling guy. But what I noticed first was the older gentlemen to the left of the beer booth. He looks just like the guy who owns Jurassic Park in the movie! At least from far away. Hat and all.

That waffle really didn't LOOK like anything special, so I'm not surprised that Candi was not thrilled with it.

C'mon Dan, the coffee would have been $7.50 and 18 oz of beer was only $1 more! Sounds like Miss Godiva is overcharging

Actually I'd go for a gray goose slush over any of the above. But the beer looked pretty good too. Bet that was really refreshing! Good choice.

Did Noelle have her name written in the different languages as well, or just Parker? I would like to collect the stamps & have the names written in the countries for Harper if it's something we can do rather quickly, since it will make a nice piece of memorabilia from her first trip.

can't wait to see what Candi's mission is!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #1137
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

The beef rendang with jasmine rice nearly killed me! It was the end of the night and I think we got to the end of the batch and it was super concentrated! Holy cow!

Jill in CO
Old 05-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #1138
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Dan !!No escargot for you ???>? I would have tried them , but if they had frog legs I would have run the other way
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #1139
MEK
DIS Veteran

That kefta pocket looks yummy! I'm putting that on the food list for this year. Yum!

I totally agree with your theory on the beer flight! Works for me!

I think the kid-cot stations are so great!

Another fun update. Cute family picture in front of the fountain!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #1140
katt789
DIS Veteran

Duffy is adorable! And so soft!

Yum! All this good looking/sounding food is making me hungry! Aww, Noelle is so cute! Aww, glad that Parker perked up and liked the ride!

YUM! Le Cellier food. I have to say that the filet and the soup was definitely the best ever, especially once you have the pretzel bread to dip in the soup, ACH! Best ever.

That pita looks delicious! Now all I want is to be at food and wine in Epcot! Hahaha!
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: