Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Adding people to Contract!

Hi,
I have decided to add both of my Children to my Contract. Has anyone done this and did you have any problems?
Old 05-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNurse19 View Post
Hi,
I have decided to add both of my Children to my Contract. Has anyone done this and did you have any problems?
Are you looking to add your children as associate members so they can make their own reservation in the future or do you want to add them to the contract as equal owners?

Our son's name was added as an associate when we purchased and at the moment we can't see any benefit to add him as an equal owner, would be interested to read any positive reasons to add him as an owner from other UK members.

And if not already read, check out these three threads on the DisBoards, some replies might be specific to US residents....hope they're helpful...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993645
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1799132
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1523393

On the DVC web site there is a page where you can add or delete an Associate, log on and under My Membership click on My Profile and under 'Individuals on Membership' click on 'Add an Associate to this Membership' where you taken to.....

Add Associate
On this page, you can add an Associate to a specific Membership. In the first section, you can view your Member ID Number, Member Type and Contracts associated with this Membership.

In the second section, enter the personal information of the new Associate. You must read and accept the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the page in order process your request.

It may take up to two (2) business days to process this request.
Questions about adding an Associate? Please read Understanding Your Profile or contact Member Services.

Best of luck.....

Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your reply
I am looking at adding them as equal owners and not Associate members.

They are old enough now to understand what this means (i have told them that under no circumstances can they use points without my knowledge) and i just thought that it would be easier in the long run if anything should happen to me and also if i can't go sometimes they would be able to have all of the same perks as me. We are quite new members and i should have done it when we bought into DVC but all the paper work had been done and i didn't want to be a nuisance
It was interesting reading all the threads but as someone said, anything can happen and we shouldn't sit worrying about what might happen.

I hope i don't need much luck but we shall see
Old 05-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Give Member Administration a call and they should be able to sort it all out with you

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
Give Member Administration a call and they should be able to sort it all out with you
I emailed them and i am now waiting for the paper work to arrive
Old 08-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
juliancotterill
Earning My Ears

Hi. What happened, was it easy and what was the cost? I am looking at doing the same thing from here in the uk.
juliancotterill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliancotterill View Post
Hi. What happened, was it easy and what was the cost? I am looking at doing the same thing from here in the uk.
On Thursday i finally sent off the last of the papers

After phoning the DVC up they put me into contact with Vista Title Agency. The fee was $475 which includes preparation of the deed, title insurance, all recording fees and Fed Ex. and then i had to get my signature witnessed by a Notary in the UK which cost £85. It was a very easy process but was delayed by having to wait for my daughter to return home to sign the forms and provide a copy of her passport (she is a YAC on the Disney Magic and she does not have access to her passport while on board).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: