Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #76
buzzCMlightyear
PERNER OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post
Is this going to be available to everyone or only on property guests? I surely hope us offsiters will not be losing the FP offering.
As of now for the testing phases with limited people, it is only for resort guests. Once it is all completely rolled out, everyone will be able to participate.
buzzCMlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #77
ThurlFan
Grim Ghost

CCan we get a recap of how the system will work once fully implemented? Does the disappearance of the paper PF mean that all FP will be pre-scheduled, or only that RFID posts will replace the paper kiosks. If the only way to get FP willl be to schedule them a day aheead then that is a serious negative for my family, especially if the limit remains 3 FP per day.
ThurlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #78
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

Do we know what resort they are doing this at? Just one, more then one?
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #79
buzzCMlightyear
PERNER OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurlFan View Post
CCan we get a recap of how the system will work once fully implemented? Does the disappearance of the paper PF mean that all FP will be pre-scheduled, or only that RFID posts will replace the paper kiosks. If the only way to get FP willl be to schedule them a day aheead then that is a serious negative for my family, especially if the limit remains 3 FP per day.
You may book FP in advance, or day of from a computer/smartphone/kiosk.
buzzCMlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #80
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

This is exciting news. We're a few steps closer to seeing how FP+ plays out. : Hang in there everyone.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #81
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Is this not stressing anyone else out? I am not fond of the idea of fp+ at all and don't want to have to so intensely plan my trips! Can someone offer some of the positives of this system for people other than over planners?
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #82
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Hopefully it is rolled out by late August. It sounds fun and we would love to give it a try.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #83
MindyMouse76
Mouseketeer

How do we get selected for the FP+? We go later in May and would LOVE to schedule some FP+!

Thanks!
MindyMouse76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #84
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Is this not stressing anyone else out? I am not fond of the idea of fp+ at all and don't want to have to so intensely plan my trips! Can someone offer some of the positives of this system for people other than over planners?
It's stressing a lot of people out. There's no way of knowing just what the ups and downs of the system will be (for certain) until it is up and running outside of the testing. All we can really do is wait...and wait..
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #85
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Why would you want to pay for it? WDW is expensive enough and if they were to take away that privilege I for one would be very angry!
I'm sure it's not the issue of it being free, but more the issue of you only being allowed to get 3 fastpasses per day, having to schedule in advance, the problems this would cause with park hopping etc.

I agree, and am not happy about the change, unless something happens where you are able to get just as many fastpasses as you used to be on the old system. 3 fastpasses a day is next to nothing for us.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #86
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
You don't have to plan intently for your vacation. Use it as much or as little as you wish. The old FP system is still in place and available. The positives are that you can reserve a few FP at set times so you can plan your touring instead of running around the parks collecting FP's all day (can you tell they make me do the running). Probable not perfect, but I am willing to try it and see how it goes.

I also like that I can wear the wristband and just go without having to bring a room key, credit card, cash, etc.... One band does it all.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #87
DestyTiger
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't say that it is stressing me out, but I know that I am anxious to hear how the new system will work. Looks like we will finally be able to start getting some real first hand information on the new process. With a trip coming up in July, I really have been waiting to hear how the new process would impact us. I get the feeling that both will still be up and running, but it would be nice to have an opportunity to test out the new system and still rely on the old system during our first FP+ experience.
DestyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #88
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Would this only be for those with multi-day tickets? Can you do this with an AP?

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #89
4under4
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any consideration for fp runners with the bands? I don't think DH will want to wear 6 bands, and I can't imagine dragging the kids to btmrr if we're in tomorrowland just to get a fp. I hope there is some way to link them!

Me & DH plus our gang: DS12 DS10 DD/DS8

4under4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #90
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4under4 View Post
I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any consideration for fp runners with the bands? I don't think DH will want to wear 6 bands, and I can't imagine dragging the kids to btmrr if we're in tomorrowland just to get a fp. I hope there is some way to link them!
Presumably the FP runner would have to carry everyone's wristbands (just like now the runner has to carry everyone's ticket).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: