Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #46
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livibug View Post
I read every fp + thread.. it's just good therapy and helps pass the time until our trip.. I look at it this way, every fp + thread gets us 1 day closer to disney and 1 day closer to not having to use fp +

hoping that
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #47
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livibug View Post
I read every fp + thread.. it's just good therapy and helps pass the time until our trip.. I look at it this way, every fp + thread gets us 1 day closer to disney and 1 day closer to not having to use fp +

hoping that
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #48
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraghty View Post
I can't wait for FP+. We like to go at rope drop and go back to the room around lunch time and swim or take naps, then go back to the park at night. This will allow us to use our fp for the evenings when we go back to the park. We will be able to enjoy the park in the morning without worrying about running around to get a fp and if the times will coordinate with lunch and our afternoon break. If we want to see a parade or show at night, hopefully those will be options as well. I like to plan before we go, I don't like to plan while we are there. I believe this will allow for a more casual approach to the parks since you can get your fp for must dos ahead of time. For those with no kids or older kids, the old system was great, but for those of us with small kids, having one person run around to all the differents kiosks was stressful. Also, With FP+ we will be able to get a few fp for the evening of our arrival. I was not going to plan a park on our first day, but with fp+, I think I will try to schedule some things for that first evening.

I also feel this will make staying on property even more of an advantage. Since Disney is cutting back on promotions, this will allow them to offer an advantage to its guests who book rooms at wdw. One advantage to emh is not having wait in long lines. This gives you a similar experience and Disney can cut back employee hours. For season pass holders, I hope they have access to this system in some form or fashion. Those passes are not cheap.
You're making it sound better than I originally thought. I was afraid you need to plan out your day in entirety by the minute. Like I said I do like a good plan. We plan to come back in 2 years with both our kids, my mom, and my MIL, FIL, and BIL. So this could come in hand.
JamiLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #49
chipsgirl1030
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMomma View Post
I'm afraid too. It's like just one more thing I have to learn about and navigate. Disney is getting to be too much work anymore.
I agree!
chipsgirl1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #50
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsgirl1030 View Post
I agree!
Yes! What ever happened to just going and having a good time? I don't want to have to plan every minute of my day. Things change!

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #51
buzzCMlightyear
PERNER OWNER

FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

As of Sunday May 12th, Fastpass+ has begun phase 1 of the roll out. Phase 1 consists of releasing FP+ to a limited number resort of guests each day, with some having the chance to have magic bands. The current number of people per day is only about 100 total throughout the four parks, so it will be very rare if you are out looking for them. All attraction touch points have been uncovered and CM's are getting training updates regularly. All other FP operations remain the same.

Want to try and be a part of the first phase? Here is a hint. Only a few people know where to ask to be a part, see your resorts concierge host/hostess for more information

Last edited by buzzCMlightyear; 05-14-2013 at 11:21 AM.
buzzCMlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #52
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Seriously???? This would be cool to try out in July!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #53
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

I'm hoping that by the time I go in December they will have ironed out all the kinks and it'll be commonplace.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #54
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzCMlightyear View Post
As of Monday May 12th, Fastpass+ has begun phase 1 of the roll out. Phase 1 consists of releasing FP+ to a limited number resort of guests each day, with some having the chance to have magic bands. The current number of people per day is only about 100 total throughout the four parks, so it will be very rare if you are out looking for them. All attraction touch points have been uncovered and CM's are getting training updates regularly. All other FP operations remain the same.

Want to try and be a part of the first phase? Here is a hint. Only a few people know where to ask to be a part, see your resorts concierge host/hostess for more information
For real? I'm suspicious. For starters, May 12th isn't a Monday.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #55
brockash
DIS Veteran

So do we know the specifics then??? Are people only allowed to get 3 fastpasses a day, or can they use the fastpass+ in conjunction with the regular fastpass system?

Not gonna lie, we'd be pretty darn disappointed and annoyed if we're only allowed to get 3 fastpasses a day.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #56
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post

True point
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #57
buzzCMlightyear
PERNER OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
Whoops! Meant to put Sunday, fixed!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #58
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Quote:
As of Monday May 12th, Fastpass+ has begun phase 1 of the roll out.
Monday May 12th??? I believe Monday was the 13th
Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #59
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Whoops! Meant to put Sunday, fixed!

I'm still suspicious though. Where did you hear this?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #60
buzzCMlightyear
PERNER OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
So do we know the specifics then??? Are people only allowed to get 3 fastpasses a day, or can they use the fastpass+ in conjunction with the regular fastpass system?

Not gonna lie, we'd be pretty darn disappointed and annoyed if we're only allowed to get 3 fastpasses a day.
From what I know, the people that have it right now are able to book 3 FP+ and still use the regular FP system also. I am 99% sure this will be the way thing go until the paper FP system is removed down the road.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: