Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Disney Animation Announces CG release Marvel's 'Big Hero 6' in 2014

1st I've heard of this ... from the LA Times:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...ie-big-hero-6/

Interesting choice for a 1st feature Marvel animated movie. I barely remember much of Big Hero 6, and I'm a pretty big comic geek. It's got a lot of promise though.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

I'd heard rumors but I didn't realize it was an animated feature.

I think Disney is trying to turn 3rd tier characters into fan favorites. It may have something to do with Universal having theme parks rights for a lot of the 1st tier characters.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
dairylives
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I'd heard rumors but I didn't realize it was an animated feature.

I think Disney is trying to turn 3rd tier characters into fan favorites. It may have something to do with Universal having theme parks rights for a lot of the 1st tier characters.
Perhaps, although i can see it as a measure to avoid using up the marquee characters all at once. This is smart: building up your assets. With the right people, Disney could make a hit out of almost anything Marvel has to offer, so i think its smart that they are just fortifying the Marvel brand.
dairylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #4
UncannySquirrel
Earning My Ears

Out of everyone I told at my comic shop today, only 1 person kinda remembers Big 6. If this movie is decent I could see a huge jump in trade paperback sales of the comic.
When I first heard a rumor like 2 years ago about Disney and/or Pixar was gonna make a movie with the Marvel License, I thought it was gonna be Power Pack or The Pet Avengers.
Although the use of a obscure title makes me hopeful for some of my favorite obscure titles to get a movie. *crosses fingers for Nextwave movie*
UncannySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncannySquirrel View Post
Out of everyone I told at my comic shop today, only 1 person kinda remembers Big 6. If this movie is decent I could see a huge jump in trade paperback sales of the comic.
When I first heard a rumor like 2 years ago about Disney and/or Pixar was gonna make a movie with the Marvel License, I thought it was gonna be Power Pack or The Pet Avengers.
Although the use of a obscure title makes me hopeful for some of my favorite obscure titles to get a movie. *crosses fingers for Nextwave movie*
I was figuring on Pet Avengers or maybe an animated version of the Runaways, but it makes sense with Big Hero 6, as it really doesn't need to be tied down to any continuity issues or large back stories. The story description also reminds me a bit of Iron Giant which is one of my all time faves.

I'd love to see Marvel do a direct to DVD animated release of Nextwave similar to how DC has been doing animated stuff. Marvel's animated DVD stuff isn't nearly as good as DCs releases over the past few years. Marvel should go the PG-13 route and animate some of the obscure stuff like Nextwave and Marvel Zombies ...

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
UncannySquirrel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I was figuring on Pet Avengers or maybe an animated version of the Runaways, but it makes sense with Big Hero 6, as it really doesn't need to be tied down to any continuity issues or large back stories. The story description also reminds me a bit of Iron Giant which is one of my all time faves.

I'd love to see Marvel do a direct to DVD animated release of Nextwave similar to how DC has been doing animated stuff. Marvel's animated DVD stuff isn't nearly as good as DCs releases over the past few years. Marvel should go the PG-13 route and animate some of the obscure stuff like Nextwave and Marvel Zombies ...
They were doing the Dirct to DVD movie for a while with a new title every few months, but they kinda slowed down after Next Avengers.
We'll sadly never see a Marvel Zombies movie since Joe Qusada put an end to all Marvel Zombie merch due to he didn't want the public to see the heros as zombies despite the merch was making tons of money. I do have a conspiracy theory that Marvel Zombies 3 & 4 were horrible as a way of stopping demand for more books.
UncannySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: