Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #16
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Yes. They need to add something to DHS.

Yes, it will probably be Star Wars.

Sadly, this will not increase the chances that my family would spend more than half a day there. BUT it may help thin out crowds at the other parks?!
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #17
PrincessTeresa
Princess since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by pork View Post

Every once of nerd in me cries when someone says they are not a Star Wars fan
Me too!!! We love Star Wars!!!

1977 - 1996 Yearly Trips Off Property

2007 April - Buena Vista Palace Resort and Spa ~ Downtown Disney ~ First WDW trip for DH and DD

2009 September 12-20 Off property

OUR NEXT TRIP ~~~~~~

2010 May29- June 6 Off property

me34 ~ dh35 ~ dd11
PrincessTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
LOVEARS
AK 2 FL

If disney can recreate the same atmosphere that they created with cars land, then a star wars land would be super successful. Star Wars has so many fans of all ages that it would almost be a hit. I think disney will find the right balance of different attractions as they've done already.

LOVEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #19
PrincessTeresa
Princess since 1975

It's not going to be a Star Wars land, unfortunately. It is avatar.

2007 April - Buena Vista Palace Resort and Spa ~ Downtown Disney ~ First WDW trip for DH and DD

OUR NEXT TRIP ~~~~~~

me34 ~ dh35 ~ dd11
Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #20
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTeresa View Post
Well in animal kingdom it will be but thats not to say Star Wars won't come to DHS I think it's getting the point where its almost 85% sure that some type of land or attraction will come.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #21
PrincessTeresa
Princess since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post

Well in animal kingdom it will be but thats not to say Star Wars won't come to DHS I think it's getting the point where its almost 85% sure that some type of land or attraction will come.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
True! I will ask my inside source to find out. But what I know now is they are working on avatar now. No plans have been made as of yet for Star Wars.

OUR NEXT TRIP ~~~~~~

me34 ~ dh35 ~ dd11
Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #22
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

Quote:
There have been some press releases about Star Wars and how it could evolve into a land. Although it was very vague, it shows that Disney is DEFINITELY thinking about it and at least doing preliminary, if not further, planning. After all, they own the rights and it is a MAJOR franchise. They already have great success with Star Wars Weekends. They would be foolish not to capitalize on something so huge--and that's not Disney's way. If there's money to be made, they are going to find a way to make it.

On the Avatar front, that just seems like a huge money pit to me. They need to abandon that thought all together.
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
joshsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #23
PrincessTeresa
Princess since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmom View Post

There have been some press releases about Star Wars and how it could evolve into a land. Although it was very vague, it shows that Disney is DEFINITELY thinking about it and at least doing preliminary, if not further, planning. After all, they own the rights and it is a MAJOR franchise. They already have great success with Star Wars Weekends. They would be foolish not to capitalize on something so huge--and that's not Disney's way. If there's money to be made, they are going to find a way to make it.

On the Avatar front, that just seems like a huge money pit to me. They need to abandon that thought all together.
I agree. I think Star Wars is a wonderful idea. My insider hasn't told me exactly what they are doing with Avatar, but it's supposed to be pretty big. I would much rather see Star Wars since I have never seen <gasp!!!!!> Avatar. Lol

OUR NEXT TRIP ~~~~~~

me34 ~ dh35 ~ dd11
Old 05-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #24
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

Quote:
I agree. I think Star Wars is a wonderful idea. My insider hasn't told me exactly what they are doing with Avatar, but it's supposed to be pretty big. I would much rather see Star Wars since I have never seen <gasp!!!!!> Avatar. Lol
If you've seen Pocahontas or Dances With Wolves, you've seen Avatar. The only difference is with Avatar, the people are blue on their planet! Otherwise, same movie.
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
joshsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
PrincessTeresa
Princess since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmom View Post

If you've seen Pocahontas or Dances With Wolves, you've seen Avatar. The only difference is with Avatar, the people are blue on their planet! Otherwise, same movie.
Lol. That's too funny!!!

OUR NEXT TRIP ~~~~~~

me34 ~ dh35 ~ dd11
Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #26
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

True! I will ask my inside source to find out. But what I know now is they are working on avatar now. No plans have been made as of yet for Star Wars.
Avatar has remained there top priority and it really as of right now doesn't look promising because nothing else has been announced and no construction has started. Also now Disney Springs is going into full swing now so with all these projects I wouldn't see Star Wars land happening for another year or so maybe an announcement early next year and a 2017-18 opening. Star Wars movies are there top priority with that brand as well.

disney lover at heart

Old 05-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #27
PrincessTeresa
Princess since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post

Avatar has remained there top priority and it really as of right now doesn't look promising because nothing else has been announced and no construction has started. Also now Disney Springs is going into full swing now so with all these projects I wouldn't see Star Wars land happening for another year or so maybe an announcement early next year and a 2017-18 opening. Star Wars movies are there top priority with that brand as well.

disney lover at heart
I don't know why they pick what they do. You would think since more people like Star Wars they would go with that.

OUR NEXT TRIP ~~~~~~

me34 ~ dh35 ~ dd11
Old 05-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #28
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't know why they pick what they do. You would think since more people like Star Wars they would go with that.
I agree but they patterned with James Cameron and there is supposed to be two more movies to the avatar series coming out but those dates keep getting pushed back.

disney lover at heart

Old 05-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #29
sachilles
Mouseketeer

My big question isn't IF they'll do it. It's more of a when, how much and where.

There is a potential for lots of content. There is enough content for a new gate, but a rumored 5th gate has plenty of detractors.
There is more than enough content for more than one land.

Having some content in DTD could certainly help to attract people to that area.

With Carsland, avatarland, and star wars land, I'm finding it tough to anticipate where they'd put it all within the confines of the current guest areas(if they do it all).
Of the three Avatar fits for animal kingdom the best, mostly based on conservation messages.
I really think tomorrow land needs updating, but I don't see them doing a wholesale change on the theme to star wars....but they certainly could. More likely it would get star wars elements.
I think Epcot could support star wars themed stuff, but not carsland. The studios needs content, but I'm not sure carsland is quite enough.

I half think you retire some dated but classic attractions to DTD, and replace with new content. Use them to drive the retail there, and keep the area free.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #30
PrincessTeresa
Princess since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilles View Post
My big question isn't IF they'll do it. It's more of a when, how much and where.

There is a potential for lots of content. There is enough content for a new gate, but a rumored 5th gate has plenty of detractors.
There is more than enough content for more than one land.

Having some content in DTD could certainly help to attract people to that area.

With Carsland, avatarland, and star wars land, I'm finding it tough to anticipate where they'd put it all within the confines of the current guest areas(if they do it all).
Of the three Avatar fits for animal kingdom the best, mostly based on conservation messages.
I really think tomorrow land needs updating, but I don't see them doing a wholesale change on the theme to star wars....but they certainly could. More likely it would get star wars elements.
I think Epcot could support star wars themed stuff, but not carsland. The studios needs content, but I'm not sure carsland is quite enough.

I half think you retire some dated but classic attractions to DTD, and replace with new content. Use them to drive the retail there, and keep the area free.
I thought at one time they were talking about putting the old toontown houses at DTD?

OUR NEXT TRIP ~~~~~~

me34 ~ dh35 ~ dd11

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: