Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Music on the Ships

On our last cruise we were introduced to Katy Perry's Fireworks song. What songs are they currently playing? I thought DD and I may start listening to some now.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Giving this a bump to see if anyone can help me put together a playlist. Thanks!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx
On our last cruise we were introduced to Katy Perry's Fireworks song. What songs are they currently playing? I thought DD and I may start listening to some now.
Basically. I heard literally all the same songs that are on my Under The Sea channel on Pandora. Which suited me just fine. I had been listening to that for weeks leading up to my trips and since I've been home so I was right at home. I heard it on the island, in the elevator, in the stairway. I was a happy cruiser!

Its funny that you mention Fireworks. In the DLounge, a lil 5 yr old wanted to sing that but because they didn't have it in karaoke form, she did the song herself a capella remembering all the words and everything on her own! I have a link to that on one of these threads, may have to search for it because I'm on my phone, but it is called Why I Love Disney Cruises or something like that from about a week or so ago.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
MattMatts-Momma
311 Miles from the Wilderness Lodge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Basically. I heard literally all the same songs that are on my Under The Sea channel on Pandora. Which suited me just fine. I had been listening to that for weeks leading up to my trips and since I've been home so I was right at home. I heard it on the island, in the elevator, in the stairway. I was a happy cruiser!

Its funny that you mention Fireworks. In the DLounge, a lil 5 yr old wanted to sing that but because they didn't have it in karaoke form, she did the song herself a capella remembering all the words and everything on her own! I have a link to that on one of these threads, may have to search for it because I'm on my phone, but it is called Why I Love Disney Cruises or something like that from about a week or so ago.
Forgive me if this is a silly question... When I search Pandora with Under the Sea, several choices are available. Which one did you choose?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMatts-Momma

Forgive me if this is a silly question... When I search Pandora with Under the Sea, several choices are available. Which one did you choose?
It should come up with all kinds of disney music. You can also type in things like little mermaid or Disney , that kinda thing. Today's also included Phantom surprisingly. My cleaning went by super fast today!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
Old 05-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
SuperDry
Mouseketeer

Speaking of on-board music, I just wanted to add that they keep it up-to-date with new stuff in the Disney library. For example, last July on board the Fantasy, they had music from the Radiator Springs Racers attraction at Disney California Adventure as part of the loop in Animator's Palette. At the time, it was a brand new ride that had been open only a month. That impressed me.
SuperDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

My gf stumped everyone, she was trying to get a list of the music they play in the Skyline lounge. Nobody was able to tell her who could help with that, even the sound techs.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Maybe this is where it came from:
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

This is a general listing of vacation/tropical type/deck party songs that can get you into the cruise mood.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post48386774

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Maybe this is where it came from:
Good point