Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which moderate is your favorite
Port Orleans Riverside 45 40.91%
Port Orleans French Quarters 45 40.91%
Caribbean Beach Resort 20 18.18%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Which resort do you not get your room request ? I have had pretty good luck with getting my room requests in the past.
All Star Music twice.....once they tried to put us in Country and once they tried to put us in Rock, after we requested Jazz.

When we went to POFQ last year I requested building number 4, third floor in that order. When we got there they put us in building number 2, first floor and the computers were down so they were unable to make a change.

But we ended up loving our location at POFQ!!!! it really is just so compact that every location is pretty good! I will definitely stay there again in the future!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #17
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
All Star Music twice.....once they tried to put us in Country and once they tried to put us in Rock, after we requested Jazz.

When we went to POFQ last year I requested building number 4, third floor in that order. When we got there they put us in building number 2, first floor and the computers were down so they were unable to make a change.

But we ended up loving our location at POFQ!!!! it really is just so compact that every location is pretty good! I will definitely stay there again in the future!
Oh ok we did not get our request once out of maybe 5 times. I guess it may depend if you go at a busier time, that might make it harder to get your requests. All the times that we have gotten our request was in September low crowds. The time we didnt get our request was 2 weeks before Christmas, the resort was POP and it was pretty crowded. The parks were not that crowded but POP was

I really like the idea of POFQ being compact and easy to get around. I have checked out the POFQ video and pictures and it looks like a really nice resort. I just do not like the Mardi Gra decorations in the food court and around the pool. Other then that the grounds look beautiful.
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #18
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh ok we did not get our request once out of maybe 5 times. I guess it may depend if you go at a busier time, that might make it harder to get your requests. All the times that we have gotten our request was in September low crowds. The time we didnt get our request was 2 weeks before Christmas, the resort was POP and it was pretty crowded. The parks were not that crowded but POP was
We've only ever gone the last week of August. I don't think our resorts were ever too crowded, I'm just not lucky when it comes to our rooms, so now I make sure to book preferred whenever possible.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #19
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've only ever gone the last week of August. I don't think our resorts were ever too crowded, I'm just not lucky when it comes to our rooms, so now I make sure to book preferred whenever possible.
There is one thing that I do. I call have them add a room request to our reservations. Then a few weeks before we leave call and ask if my request is on there. Because once it was not The CM I talked to said she added it but I dont think she did. Anyway double checking might help some.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is one thing that I do. I call have them add a room request to our reservations. Then a few weeks before we leave call and ask if my request is on there. Because once it was not The CM I talked to said she added it but I dont think she did. Anyway double checking might help some.
I've always double and triple checked my requests. I've added them on my reservation and check a couple of weeks out to see that they are still listed with my first priority first. I fax my request a few days before check in (this is something they still look at, at POR and POFQ) and I've even tried phoning the resort directly.

I'm hoping this will be my year o get my room request made. I am also going to NOT do online check in and see if that helps us.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
robinb
DIS Veteran

I can't tell from your signature. Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #22
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
I've always double and triple checked my requests. I've added them on my reservation and check a couple of weeks out to see that they are still listed with my first priority first. I fax my request a few days before check in (this is something they still look at, at POR and POFQ) and I've even tried phoning the resort directly.

I'm hoping this will be my year o get my room request made. I am also going to NOT do online check in and see if that helps us.
You have never reached the resort directly. You have reached a CCC that answers the phone as if they are in the resort. They are pulling up your reservations and reading it back to you.

I always opt out of online check-in; I would rather wait and get what I requested, than get the first available room when I arrive mid-morning on a very busy check-out day. I have always gotten at least what I requested and sometimes better; and I have never waited past 1 pm.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #23
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Just be forewarned that that is not always foolproof either. I've twice been downgraded from preferred to standard. Both times at the Music.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #24
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You have never reached the resort directly. You have reached a CCC that answers the phone as if they are in the resort. They are pulling up your reservations and reading it back to you.

I always opt out of online check-in; I would rather wait and get what I requested, than get the first available room when I arrive mid-morning on a very busy check-out day. I have always gotten at least what I requested and sometimes better; and I have never waited past 1 pm.
Even with doing online check in we have never had a room ready before 5 pm.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #25
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Just be forewarned that that is not always foolproof either. I've twice been downgraded from preferred to standard. Both times at the Music.
Yes I know. I'll probably be downgraded to standard from preferred in August with my luck. We are staying at Pop for the first time.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #26
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I can't tell from your signature. Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?
We have one 10 year girl.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #27
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes I know. I'll probably be downgraded to standard from preferred in August with my luck. We are staying at Pop for the first time.
Well I would say it is about time you get your room request ! Hope the pixie dust falls on you this next time
Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #28
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have one 10 year girl.
OK then, I picked CBR. You have already been to POR and I think POFQ is better for couples or families with small children. CBR is fun and tropical and you said you would pay for a preferred room so you won't have an issue with being too far away from the main pool and OPR (the food court).
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #29
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The check in check out being so far away at CBR is one of my concerns. We will be taking the magic express and I'm not happy about having to get to the ME with it being that far away.
This shouldn't be a major concern since you can call for a van to come and pick you and your luggage up and take you to the Custom House (and vice versa for getting to your room). For any other needs, there's a concierge desk in Old Port Royale.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I would say it is about time you get your room request ! Hope the pixie dust falls on you this next time
Thank You! Same to you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: