Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #3331
G719
Mouseketeer

Just finished making ADRs. I got all the times I wanted. Yay! Now what to do for the next 180 days until POR?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #3332
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
Just finished making ADRs. I got all the times I wanted. Yay! Now what to do for the next 180 days until POR?
Ah, that big gap between making ADR's and getting Mickey mail can be somewhat unbearable at times....

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #3333
brios86
Mouseketeer

I made the mistake of not booking a preferred room and now it's not available for my dates. I am willing to pay for the upgrade if its available at check in. I would also love a corner room. Should I request both or just one? I'm not sure which I want more
Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #3334
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Heading to the world in 2 days and hoping to book the Bounceback offer for our November dates at POR!! Fingers crossed it all works out!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #3335
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios86 View Post
I made the mistake of not booking a preferred room and now it's not available for my dates. I am willing to pay for the upgrade if its available at check in. I would also love a corner room. Should I request both or just one? I'm not sure which I want more
If it is available, be advised you will most likely be paying full rack rate for the room.

Disney got pretty savvy regarding "requests" a few years ago at the moderates and turned them into booking categories. Preferred rooms book up pretty fast. I would suggest checking 44 days out from check-in, when people don't pay off their packages and cancel or reschedule. One may become available.

Corner room is a request that you can make.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #3336
deerez
Mouseketeer

a few questions on online check in luggage check out

When and how do I do an online check in, we will be arriving here on june 22. Also, do they have luggage racks here? And is there a late check out, we cant leave till early evening on the last day and were thinking of hanging out at the pool till its time to go, not sure if late check it available, if I have to pay, etc
Old 05-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #3337
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

If it is available, be advised you will most likely be paying full rack rate for the room.

Disney got pretty savvy regarding "requests" a few years ago at the moderates and turned them into booking categories. Preferred rooms book up pretty fast. I would suggest checking 44 days out from check-in, when people don't pay off their packages and cancel or reschedule. One may become available.

Corner room is a request that you can make.
I'm booked with free dining so I'm already paying rack rate technically. I'll keep on checking. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #3338
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerez View Post
When and how do I do an online check in, we will be arriving here on june 22. Also, do they have luggage racks here? And is there a late check out, we cant leave till early evening on the last day and were thinking of hanging out at the pool till its time to go, not sure if late check it available, if I have to pay, etc
You can do online check in by logging into the Disney website and go into My vacation.

They don't have luggage racks; there is a bench in the room where you could layout a suitcase.

There is late check-out available as long as there is availability; Housekeeping will have to let you know whether there is that day. I normally don't leave until around 5 pm, but I go ahead and check-out in the morning and hang around the pool every year. Your benefits are good until midnight of the day you check out, including the pool. They have lockers and changing areas, so you can change before you leave and don't have to pay the extra money.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #3339
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
I'm booked with free dining so I'm already paying rack rate technically. I'll keep on checking. Thanks!
Ah, that is going to be tough. Free dining; preferred buildings in AB for families of 5.

They book up very fast; since a family of 5 makes out great with free dining and those with young children like to be close to the food court and the pool.

Keep your fingers crossed that someone happens to cancel and you can snatch it up before someone else does.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #3340
SHOREDAD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ah, that is going to be tough. Free dining; preferred buildings in AB for families of 5.

They book up very fast; since a family of 5 makes out great with free dining and those with young children like to be close to the food court and the pool.

Keep your fingers crossed that someone happens to cancel and you can snatch it up before someone else does.
I don't have free dining going too early in august. My question is about preferred rooms for a family of 5. We booked a preferred room at POR. You are saying they are in the Alligator Bayou section? Also are these the ones with the pull-down beds? And one more ?, if we arrive around 9 or 10PM will we get bumped from the preferred room? I will do online check-in.
Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #3341
Kalea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was booked in a preferred room. When I applied the free dining pin, they moved me out and into a royal room.

So don't feel bad that you didn't book it originally. =/
Old 05-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #3342
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOREDAD View Post
I don't have free dining going too early in august. My question is about preferred rooms for a family of 5. We booked a preferred room at POR. You are saying they are in the Alligator Bayou section? Also are these the ones with the pull-down beds? And one more ?, if we arrive around 9 or 10PM will we get bumped from the preferred room? I will do online check-in.
Thanks!
All four of the preferred buildings are in AB.

I would do online check-in and put in your arrival time and don't ask for any requests.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #3343
brios86
Mouseketeer

If we have 3 adults, a 7 year old and an infant are we considered a family of 4 or 5? We are traveling with another family of 5 who would be in AB. We requested connecting rooms so I hope we can at least be in the same building
Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #3344
SHOREDAD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
All four of the preferred buildings are in AB.

I would do online check-in and put in your arrival time and don't ask for any requests.
So does that mean we can possibly be bumped?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #3345
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
If we have 3 adults, a 7 year old and an infant are we considered a family of 4 or 5? We are traveling with another family of 5 who would be in AB. We requested connecting rooms so I hope we can at least be in the same building
You are considered a family of 4, until the infant turns 3. Then you are a family of 5.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: