Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #16
3PrinceMom
Mouseketeer

For us...a resort was a place to sleep at one time. So the All Stars worked well. The boys loved the theming of the AAMovies when they were little. Graduated to sports...I'm sorry...if you have a kid that loves all and anything related to sports...you will stay at ASsports. Where else is there a football field? LOL! With that said, my boys are growing up. They love all of Disney...and I've agreed to a split stay. Kids pick AsSports. I picked Poly...which they agree to. So split stay. Lucky me...I hate split stays.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Moderate resort, and skip a dining plan altogether. I like to eat what I want and not be stuck to what the dining plan offers. Sometimes I'll want to add an appetizer and split an entree, for instance.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

I love the All Stars and I love food - BUT- I think the Deluxe DDP would just be too much. In this case, I'd take the upgrade to a moderate.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We love the regular dining plan and it fits our needs very well, so we would do the resort upgrade. We like POP and would definitely consider staying there for a Value resort, but the biggest thing keeping us away is bed size. Two Queen beds is nice when the three year old decides to come over and snuggle...

Not all of the Moderates are big enough to require internal buses, so our choice would be POR since we like it's quiet rural atmosphere. We don't have anything against Deluxe dining, but our choice would be to stay at a nicer resort.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #20
ekendall2
Mouseketeer

I would have to go with the Moderate upgrade. All of the mods are great!

The regular dining plan is plenty of food.

My family usually goes quick service and will stay at a Moderate Resort to keep the price down. We like being able to eat whenever we want and wherever we are at. Dont really like to have reservations every night. Kind of takes the spontaneity out of the whole experience for my family.

Off Site (Choir Trip) 2013, CBR 2011, POP 2009, ASMusic 2007, POR 2004, Off site (H.S. Band Trip) 2001, CBR 1999, CBR 1996, CBR 1994,
CBR 1992, Off Site 1991
ekendall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I'm not sure when you are going, but if it's during free dining I would still go with a mod and the regular dining plan. I looked at a value with an upgrade to the regular DP instead of the quick service plan and to stay at a Mod was only $50.00 more for us.

We are Port Orleans Riverside people, we just love that resort, but I would have had no problem staying at a value resort if it would have saved some money.

The DDP is just way to much food, and to much time away from the parks.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #22
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzi6692 View Post
For us, a resort is just a place to sleep. As long as the beds are comfortable and the room is clean, we're happy. And we like to eat and we like to eat at nice places, so we would choose the DxDP upgrade. And I truly don't understand the people that say it's a chore to get to two reservations a day(we're doing DxDP on the upcoming trip and we're only doing 2 ADRs a day because almost have of ours are signature restaurants) we always have at least one ADR a day and it isn't difficult at all to make sure were there at the scheduled time. You have to eat at least twice a day anyway, why not make it a meal where you can sit down and relax for awhile? We tend to go commando the rest of the day so those two breaks are great for us and make it so we're able to go hard the rest of the day.
Totally agree!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #23
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for your opinions, you have all been so helpful! I think I like to eat too much and not have to worry about paying for it on my vacation, so I might have to stay in the value, since we're never really in the room anyway.

Thank you again for the responses
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #24
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Resort resort resort!!

The deluxe dining plan is simply way too much food and the jump up from value to moderate is significant!

No brainer for me, although I am more of a resort than food person.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #25
WIDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

One more vote for Resort upgrade

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: