Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #496
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Hoping to get some feedback on 2 different schedules for our trip, we're not sure which to go with? It is the 1st trip for both kiddos, and we want a mix of touring and RD combined with taking it easy and smelling the roses + extras. Here are the two options we are considering, which would you do? We have some ADRs doubled on different days, so we are hoping to nail things down, especially on MNSSHP.

18- arrival
19- HS (no Fantasmic!)
20- AK (1st for all)
21- EPCOT WS (Illuminations)
22- off day, Bayou Pirate Adventure, spa day, dinner ADR
23- EPCOT FW
24- MK, break, MK BBB/PL, MNSSHP
25- sleep in, 'Ohana bfast, Fantasmic! Dining package & show
26- MK
27- departure

Original plan, but now concerned about 10/24 MNSSHP crowds potentially.

OR

18-21 same
22- MK, break, MK BBB/PL, MNSSHP
23- sleep in, off day, spa day (no BPA)
24- EPCOT FW
25-27 same

Bummed about no BPA and having "off days" on 10/23 and 10/25 - would be nice to have more spacing between. But like the idea of less crowds on Tuesday MNSSHP.

Over planning, yes I am. TIA!

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995

Last edited by ColonelHathi; 05-08-2013 at 10:57 AM.
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #497
mythreeboys
Mouseketeer

We are going Oct 19-24th and staying in a Cars suite at AOA. We are surprising our 3 boys (ages 7, 6, and 4). They have been before, but this time they think we can't afford to go back. So far they are clueless! We plan to send them off to school as normal and then load up the car while they are there. When they get off the bus we will give them a snack and tell them we are going for a drive, but won't tell where (I'm hoping to stop in WV for dinner and then have them fall asleep and not wake up till we are almost to FL). I am planning to do a goody bag for each of them that will have snacks, toys, and a clue that they can open at each state line. So far I've come up with an orange, a gator (my dad calls my youngest "gator bait" and brings him "gator snacks" all the time), and a mouse (not one that looks like Mickey). I still need 3 more though, so I'm open to suggestions! I'm trying not to make it obvious so that they are surprised when we get to the welcome signs. If they do happen to figure it out along the way I am going to tell them that we are going to visit their great grandma in Clearwater, that's actually not a lie because we will be in Clearwater from the evening of the 24-26th! I'm also going to give them invitations to a breakfast at O'hana the night before our reservation and then at breakfast they will get an invite to the Pirates League and MNNSHP for that evening! I can't wait, I'm way too excited!
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #498
Sorcerina
Mouseketeer

That sounds great:-) let me be one of your boys :-)

Been to WDW 1999, 2005, 2012 and 2014 and almost 53 times to DLP

My PTR for the upcoming trip
Sorcerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #499
ph-mtl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreeboys View Post
We are going Oct 19-24th and staying in a Cars suite at AOA. We are surprising our 3 boys (ages 7, 6, and 4). They have been before, but this time they think we can't afford to go back. So far they are clueless! We plan to send them off to school as normal and then load up the car while they are there. When they get off the bus we will give them a snack and tell them we are going for a drive, but won't tell where (I'm hoping to stop in WV for dinner and then have them fall asleep and not wake up till we are almost to FL). I am planning to do a goody bag for each of them that will have snacks, toys, and a clue that they can open at each state line. So far I've come up with an orange, a gator (my dad calls my youngest "gator bait" and brings him "gator snacks" all the time), and a mouse (not one that looks like Mickey). I still need 3 more though, so I'm open to suggestions! I'm trying not to make it obvious so that they are surprised when we get to the welcome signs. If they do happen to figure it out along the way I am going to tell them that we are going to visit their great grandma in Clearwater, that's actually not a lie because we will be in Clearwater from the evening of the 24-26th! I'm also going to give them invitations to a breakfast at O'hana the night before our reservation and then at breakfast they will get an invite to the Pirates League and MNNSHP for that evening! I can't wait, I'm way too excited!
We are heading back to the world. This will be our first time in Disney world in October. We will be staying at Pop Arriving Oct 16th until Oct 25th.
We have been there every May and Dec but decided we would celebrate My Husbands 55th Birthday there. Looking forward to F & W and also Halloween.
ph-mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #500
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreeboys View Post
I still need 3 more though, so I'm open to suggestions! I'm trying not to make it obvious so that they are surprised when we get to the welcome signs.
What about a hotwheels or other toy car and a pad of paper and either a paintbrush or pencil since you are staying at AoA in the Cars section. Maybe give them leis (representing Ohana) to confuse them.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #501
arubia
Earning My Ears

This is our first trip to Disney World. We have a 6 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy. We have reservations at Akershus and Biergarten but I'm wondering if we should cancel and just plan to eat at the food and wine festival? Any advice is appreciated.
arubia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #502
lemonsours
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubia View Post
This is our first trip to Disney World. We have a 6 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy. We have reservations at Akershus and Biergarten but I'm wondering if we should cancel and just plan to eat at the food and wine festival? Any advice is appreciated.
We've been there twice for Food and Wine, once with a 2 year old girl, once with a 6 year old girl and 2 year old boy. Unless your kids are adventurous eaters, most of the F&W selections will probably not appeal to them. At the buffets, at least you have basic options at the kids section. The other option (which we chose) was for the adults to try the F&W booths while the kids enjoy the CS options. (Ours went for the fish and chips in England, but there are many different options.)
October 2007 CSR

lemonsours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #503
MizSassy
Earning My Ears

Phew! Finally finished reading this thread! We went to Disney last October and stayed at POR and loved it! It was my boyfriend and son's (he was 5) first ever Disney trip! Ever since then we've made plans to go back the following Oct. The BF and I have had the vacation requested off for almost a year but due to multiple different financial things we thought we weren't going to be able to afford it. BUT thanks to budgeting and some luck, we are! Finally got everything booked! We are staying at the CSR 10/13-10/20! Got all of my ADR's done today also. Only thing I didn't get was BOG, but I expected that. I'll just keep eyeballing the cancellations thread and maybe I will get lucky!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #504
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizSassy View Post
Finally got everything booked! We are staying at the CSR 10/13-10/20! Got all of my ADR's done today also.

CSR is the only resort we haven't stayed at. Oooops. AoA too. Have a magical trip.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #505
mythreeboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
What about a hotwheels or other toy car and a pad of paper and either a paintbrush or pencil since you are staying at AoA in the Cars section. Maybe give them leis (representing Ohana) to confuse them.
Those are great suggestions! They would serve multiple purposes too, cause they could play with the car and draw with the paper/pencils on the drive!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #506
caroline7309
Earning My Ears

Hello I have never used one of these before but we go to Disney every year and this year we r going oct 8th to 15th we r so excited my hubby and kids have ne'er been there for Halloween or the food and wine festival . Also, it's our first time staying at old key west resort. Does anyone have any idea of they r offering free dining for those dates ?
caroline7309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #507
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline7309 View Post
Hello I have never used one of these before but we go to Disney every year and this year we r going oct 8th to 15th we r so excited my hubby and kids have ne'er been there for Halloween or the food and wine festival . Also, it's our first time staying at old key west resort. Does anyone have any idea of they r offering free dining for those dates ?

It is highly unlikely that free dining will be offered for those dates. You may get lucky with a room discount, but the October deals will not be released until July or even August.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #508
qtkksmom
Earning My Ears

Me and my husband were planning our second trip to WDW for the Food and Wine festival. My birthday is in October and there is no other place in the world that I want to spend my birthday at. Well, he surprised me, my son, daughter-in-law and daughter with reservations for October 18 - 22 at CSR. I can't wait to spend my 51st celebrating with my family. It will also be our son's 1st anniversary. All of our ADRs are done and we just bought our MNSSHP tickets! I can't wait. 157 more days.
qtkksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #509
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkksmom View Post
Me and my husband were planning our second trip to WDW for the Food and Wine festival. My birthday is in October and there is no other place in the world that I want to spend my birthday at. Well, he surprised me, my son, daughter-in-law and daughter with reservations for October 18 - 22 at CSR. I can't wait to spend my 51st celebrating with my family. It will also be our son's 1st anniversary. All of our ADRs are done and we just bought our MNSSHP tickets! I can't wait. 157 more days.
Aww, so sweet!! Congrats, sounds like an awesome trip. Your daughter-in-law married into an awesome family!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #510
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Food & Wine Part Deux

We are staying at BWV for our trip 10/10 - through 10/15! So excited to be headed down again this year for F&W!

We're skipping MNSSHP this year in favor of some other experiences - like lots of time at Food and Wine!
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: