Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
buzz1fan
I Can't wait to be back!

Dolphin one night

We are staying at the YC 2 nights early June. We have decided to drive straight thru to Disney and will arrive the night before around 10. The YC is too high of price, we have the spring discount and they can't add another night. I'm thinking of booking this sleep night at dolphin. We plan to go to the park the next day at rope drop, so we want to be close to YC to check in. Is it pretty close to leave dolphin to check in at YC around 730 am?

Ps dolphin is about same price as POP.( with fees)
buzz1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

I think it would be perfect!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

it's very close...and a great idea!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Yeah you'll be fine we stayed at the dolphin last year and checkin in check out is easy at all disney hotels. And yes I know dolphin isn't disney owned which does make it different i think.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan View Post
We are staying at the YC 2 nights early June. We have decided to drive straight thru to Disney and will arrive the night before around 10. The YC is too high of price, we have the spring discount and they can't add another night. I'm thinking of booking this sleep night at dolphin. We plan to go to the park the next day at rope drop, so we want to be close to YC to check in. Is it pretty close to leave dolphin to check in at YC around 730 am?

Ps dolphin is about same price as POP.( with fees)
The Dolphin is very close to the YC. It's probably a two minute drive (or less). When you leave the Dolphin, go right and then turn right into the entrance to the Yacht Club.

Because the Dolphin is not owned/operated by Disney I don't think they can do an inter-resort transfer of your luggage, but given that you have a car, this probably isn't a problem.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
The Dolphin is very close to the YC. It's probably a two minute drive (or less). When you leave the Dolphin, go right and then turn right into the entrance to the Yacht Club.

Because the Dolphin is not owned/operated by Disney I don't think they can do an inter-resort transfer of your luggage, but given that you have a car, this probably isn't a problem.
Actually the Dolphin and Swan will transfer luggage to/from any WDW Resort- done it many times. However if the OP has a car that is just as easy!

One thing to keep in mind is that the Dolphin charges a parking fee IIRC $15 per night although parking at the WDW theme parks is free when staying at the Dolphin!

TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

After you spend a night in your heavenly bed at the dolphin you may never want to leave.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
clapton
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Dolphin in April for one night for the first time. We were very happy with the room, it was spacious and very comfortable. You won't be disappointed! Have a great trip!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
buzz1fan
I Can't wait to be back!

Thanks everyone. Glad to hear it is so close. We will have time to drive over to YC, check in and then get in a bus to MK!
buzz1fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: