Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did you receive FD pin good for end of Aug-Dec?
Yes, but I don't intend to use it 16 9.09%
Yes, and I am using it 31 17.61%
No, but not using it anyway 21 11.93%
No, but I really want it 108 61.36%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
Yeln4lks
Earning My Ears

I can honestly say after reading all the comments about the pins. I went to disney world.com and requested a DVD and registered this morning. I called tonight and was told i had a pin available for select dates through December. We are going in November and are set on a Nemo suite... There are none available. told me only lion king and cars were left for the FD.
Yeln4lks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #17
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

I didn't get an email but when I called I did have it. She told me I had 2 pins-some room discount for Sept pin also. I gladly used the pin as my dates were oct. 17-27. Saved $1840!
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #18
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeln4lks
I can honestly say after reading all the comments about the pins. I went to disney world.com and requested a DVD and registered this morning. I called tonight and was told i had a pin available for select dates through December. We are going in November and are set on a Nemo suite... There are none available. told me only lion king and cars were left for the FD.
If only I was that lucky
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #19
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Looking at the results many more didn't get it than did. Puts it in much better perspective. Reading the threads it looks like almost everyone got it. LOL Thanks for voting those who have. Hopefully they will send out another batch soon, and more of us can say we got it.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #20
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Looking at the results many more didn't get it than did. Puts it in much better perspective. Reading the threads it looks like almost everyone got it. LOL Thanks for voting those who have. Hopefully they will send out another batch soon, and more of us can say we got it.
I hope others who want will get it also!!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #21
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, this really helps me feel better! I often feel like everyone has a pin but me

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Grand Floridian December 2014

Mike&AllisMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #22
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It may sometimes seem that way here in the Dis, where everyone is obsessing over getting a discount on a WDW vacation, but really only a VERY small percentage of the population get these type of pin codes. I really believe that most, if not all, of these FD pin code dates will drop for the general public in July :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
It may sometimes seem that way here in the Dis, where everyone is obsessing over getting a discount on a WDW vacation, but really only a VERY small percentage of the population get these type of pin codes. I really believe that most, if not all, of these FD pin code dates will drop for the general public in July :-)
I hope you are right!
Three cats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
ksc37
DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of people who do everything to get a PIN and don't get them.

I called today and I don't have one

At least we have the room only for late August... Would have loved free dining now that my kids are both Disney "adults".

2014-CSR, 2013-POR, 2012 - POR, 2011-WL/Dream/BW, 2010- Beach Club, 2009-CSR, 2008-AKL Concierge, 2007-CR 14th Floor/Wonder, 2006-CBR, 2006-AKL, 2005-ASMovies & GF Sugar Loaf, 2005-WL, 2004-Poly, 2004-AKL, 2002-POR, 2000-BC, 1999-ASMovies, 1998-PO, 1997-CBR, 1996-WL, 1993-Dixie Landings, 1986-offsite, 1985-CR 14th Floor, 1984-offsite, 1980-offsite, 1976-offsite
ksc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #25
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Keep the hope, word in the free dining thread is another batch may be going out this week. Good luck everyone!!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #26
O Town Girl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We got 4 separate PINs for our family and we all live at different addresses. My Sis even got 2! so we were able to book everyone in our group in separate rooms with FD. Not sure what we did to get so lucky, but I hope it goes public for others to benefit from it.
O Town Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan454 View Post
Sorry for the newby question but what ideally should prompt a PIN to go to someone. Being a member of DVC, having a reservation etc... I havent received the FD PIN (which I assume comes via email) and not sure I will/should. I have a reservation for 12/13 currently.
When we planned our trip a few years ago, I opened accounts on the Disney website using my e-mail in my name and a joint account with my husband in his name. DH consistently gets every PIN offer sent in the mail or through e-mail. Me? Nothing! It does seem that they randomly attach to certain people.

chekhovgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #28
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

Actually she would not get it at all. Your check in date must fall within the FD promo dates to have it applied to your entire stay - its a all or nothing scenario, you don't get it for one day.
I didn't word it well, but I was trying to say that she could get it for the 11th and following, but only if that was when she checked in. In order to do that, she would have to change dates.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #29
JanB
DIS Veteran

Count me among those who have been going to WDW for many, many years. Sometimes booking through WDW; sometimes booking through a TA --- but I have never received an email PIN.

My question for those of you who have received PINS --- what sorts of restrictions are attached to the current FD pins? I understand about date restrictions. But what about resort selection and room category selection.

I have my son and his bride booked at POFQ in a King room for their honeymoon in September. According to my TA, the current public FD promo is not available for the King category.

Just wondering IF I were to be so lucky to receive the email PIN, would I be able to use it for my currently booked POFQ King category?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I was thinking about this last night. I've recieved pretty much every PIN code there has been for the last 2 years. We have booked our last 3 WDW vacations online on the WDW website. I wonder if that has anything to do with triggering all the PIN codes? How many people recieved this code that use a travel agent or book by phone?
I have received several pins over the years including this free dining one and I always book over the phone. I have not requested a DVD this year, but I have in the past. I am also a disneyshopping.com customer, and I have an account at waltdisneyworld.com. Other than that I have no clue why I get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post
Count me among those who have been going to WDW for many, many years. Sometimes booking through WDW; sometimes booking through a TA --- but I have never received an email PIN.

My question for those of you who have received PINS --- what sorts of restrictions are attached to the current FD pins? I understand about date restrictions. But what about resort selection and room category selection.

I have my son and his bride booked at POFQ in a King room for their honeymoon in September. According to my TA, the current public FD promo is not available for the King category.

Just wondering IF I were to be so lucky to receive the email PIN, would I be able to use it for my currently booked POFQ King category?
Have you talked to your son about a room with double beds? I would give up a king, yes even on my honeymoon, for free dining.

I do know that I could not book a preffered room with the FD discount. Other than that I am not sure of any restrictions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: