Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #1291
momtoprincesses
Mouseketeer

We upgraded!

So excited, we just upgraded to a TPV room for our trip Dec. 4-9! It will be me, DH (celebrating birthday on arrival day), DD#1 (surprise trip for her 5th birthday!), and DD#@ (will be 2.5). My girls have never been to WDW, DH went once when he was young, and I haven't been there in over a decade. Now I need to go back and read through the thread to get tips about which room to request. I just wanted to share my exciting news!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #1292
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Officially booked POR for our famly of five, saved over $1100 and even added an extra day...too good to pass up, but will eat at Contemporary and wish we were there! Need to step off the Logorail

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #1293
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Posted this info before, but here it is for LOG-ORAIL check in! Dec 3-12 CR-CL-TPV for 30th anniversary trip.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #1294
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Stand clear of the doors and have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY CHICKIE View Post
Thanks a bunch KOOK! I appreciate you sharing your ideas with me!

We actually thought about taking DD along, but then I thought I wanted to take her in December so we can enjoy all the holiday festivities! Good excuse to plan another WDW vacay!

My DH loves the renting a boat idea so we may do that. Oh and parasailing! We were also planning on trying some of the lounges, but I didn't think to take the boat over to WL and FW for some more!

24 hours from now I plan to be on the People Mover after enjoying my delish taco salad from Peco Bill's!

Thanks again for your help and if you need me to check anything out or take any pics, I will be happy to oblige!
I am so envious that you will be on the PM today - and it's right across from my other favorite - CoP (I have many favorites.)

Safe travels and hope you'll be able to check-in with us soon with an update. Hope your DS is doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoprincesses View Post
So excited, we just upgraded to a TPV room for our trip Dec. 4-9! It will be me, DH (celebrating birthday on arrival day), DD#1 (surprise trip for her 5th birthday!), and DD#@ (will be 2.5). My girls have never been to WDW, DH went once when he was young, and I haven't been there in over a decade. Now I need to go back and read through the thread to get tips about which room to request. I just wanted to share my exciting news!
How exciting - I've logged you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Officially booked POR for our famly of five, saved over $1100 and even added an extra day...too good to pass up, but will eat at Contemporary and wish we were there! Need to step off the Logorail
Any WDW Resort is fine for the Log-orail so I just changed you to POR and added a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjimmeyer View Post
Posted this info before, but here it is for LOG-ORAIL check in! Dec 3-12 CR-CL-TPV for 30th anniversary trip.
What a wonderful anniversary vacation! It's official - you've been logged
Old 05-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #1295
GatorLady
DIS Veteran

Three more for the Log-orail!

Forgot to check-in earlier. We will be arriving this coming Thursday at the CR
5/16 - 5/25 (GW/GV).

Kook - Any guesstimates on when the soft good rehab might be done in the GW? I thought I saw on easywdw.com that the half closest to Bay Lake was being worked on now, but I might be completely wrong. I have a request in for a Bay Lake view (I realize that it's only a request), so I wonder if I will have any shot at all!

(Thanks for all you do on this thread! I read often, even though I'm not posting.)

Recent trips: May 2014: WL. Jan 2014: Poly. May 2013: Contemporary. Christmas 2012: POP. May 2012: WL. Christmas 2011: WL. August 2011: POP. May 2011: WL. Feb 2011: CBR. Christmas 2010: WL. Halloween 2010: ASSports. Summer 2010: WL/Contemporary. First trip: 1974
Old 05-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #1296
pas130
DIS Veteran

Slight tweak.... Same dates but instead of BLT, I've opted to save some $$$ and move to the Garden Wing We will be close to he pool, and parking..and it's ALL GOOD!!!!

Almost time for online check in!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #1297
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hello All!

My understanding is that the CR rooms were getting a refurb. Is that correct? And if so, are there any pics that you could direct me too? Thanks!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #1298
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorLady View Post
Three more for the Log-orail!

Forgot to check-in earlier. We will be arriving this coming Thursday at the CR
5/16 - 5/25 (GW/GV).

Kook - Any guesstimates on when the soft good rehab might be done in the GW? I thought I saw on easywdw.com that the half closest to Bay Lake was being worked on now, but I might be completely wrong. I have a request in for a Bay Lake view (I realize that it's only a request), so I wonder if I will have any shot at all!

(Thanks for all you do on this thread! I read often, even though I'm not posting.)

The Garden Wing rooms will be completed by 5 July. Thanks so much for your kind comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Slight tweak.... Same dates but instead of BLT, I've opted to save some $$$ and move to the Garden Wing We will be close to he pool, and parking..and it's ALL GOOD!!!!

Almost time for online check in!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
Hmmm... Are you in two rooms now? I will get my trusty eraser out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello All!

My understanding is that the CR rooms were getting a refurb. Is that correct? And if so, are there any pics that you could direct me too? Thanks!!
All the rehabbed room photos are hyperlinked in the NEWS section at the end of Post #1.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #1299
WDWKOOK

Here are the latest updates (from Disney) to the NEWS section in Post #1:

Disney’s Contemporary Resort Now – May 9, 2013: Guest parking lot will undergo rejuvenation.

Now – June 28, 2013: 14th floor suites will undergo refurbishment. This includes a hard and soft goods refurbishment and a renovation to the concierge lounge.

Now – July 5, 2013: Contemporary Tower and South Garden Wing – Guest room soft goods replacement. Now – Late Summer 2013: California Grill will be closed for refurbishment.

Now – Dec. 8, 2013: Guest elevators will undergo enhancement.

May 13-17, 2013: Entrance and exit road will undergo repair work.

May 3 – June 24, 2013: 2nd Floor Lobby wall covering will be replaced.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #1300
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The Garden Wing rooms will be completed by 5 July. Thanks so much for your kind comment!

All the rehabbed room photos are hyperlinked in the NEWS section at the end of Post #1.
Perfect!!! As always, you are kookerific!!

The way it looks now, if the military discount is renewed, my Sept trip will be at CR!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #1301
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

Yeppers two rooms..since our trip is close...had to save $$. I couldn't give up the location. Since w/d in the building it was an easy sell for Brian. And I still get to stay on bay lake..yay ap rate!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #1302
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Thinking of booking Atrium CL for our December trip, but was wondering what the differences are between Atrium CL and Tower CL. From what I've read on the first page of this thread, I'm thinking 12th floor Atrium CL and 14th floor Tower CL is similar to GF RPC and SL in that RPC has a larger lounge than SL (with Tower club having a larger lounge than Atrium club), the views are better (tower club being higher up with better a view of MK), guests staying RPC have access to both the RPC and SL lounges (guests staying Tower club having access to both lounges), and better location as RPC is in the main building (although this last comparison doesn't really count as both CLs at CR are located in the tower). I think I remember reading that Atrium CL had limited offerings in the past, but has changed and now has the same offerings as Tower CL, is this correct? Also, are there regular rooms on the 14th floor or just suites? Anytime I price out the CR, I only see options for Atrium CL and never Tower CL. After Atrium CL MK view, it goes up to GW 1 bedroom suites with no option for Tower CL. TIA for any input .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 05-13-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #1303
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thinking of booking Atrium CL for our December trip, but was wondering what the differences are between Atrium CL and Tower CL. From what I've read on the first page of this thread, I'm thinking 12th floor Atrium CL and 14th floor Tower CL is similar to GF RPC and SL in that RPC has a larger lounge than SL (with Tower club having a larger lounge than Atrium club), the views are better (tower club being higher up with better a view of MK), guests staying RPC have access to both the RPC and SL lounges (guests staying Tower club having access to both lounges), and better location as RPC is in the main building (although this last comparison doesn't really count as both CLs at CR are located in the tower). I think I remember reading that Atrium CL had limited offerings in the past, but has changed and now has the same offerings as Tower CL, is this correct? Also, are there regular rooms on the 14th floor or just suites? Anytime I price out the CR, I only see options for Atrium CL and never Tower CL. After Atrium CL MK view, it goes up to GW 1 bedroom suites with no option for Tower CL. TIA for any input .
I have always wondered this too. How does one actually go about booking a regular room on the Tower level? Also to PP I'm pretty sure the Atrium lounge is bigger than the Tower lounge.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #1304
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

I called and booked two regular rooms on the 14th floor. The catch is you can't be guaranteed the view. There are five standard rooms on the 14th floor. Four of them are on the MK side. One is Bay Lake. This means if course that the odds are in your favor to get MK view but you could get Bay Lake and you are not allowed to book one or the other. The Atrium Lounge is bigger but both have the same service and items. Tower Club guests are allowed to use both lounges. There are fewer guests on the 14th floor so the lounge should not be crowded even though it is smaller. Balconies are much bigger on the 14th floor.

We had a one bedroom suite plus two standard tower rooms booked for July 18-21, 2014 because the two bedroom was not available all three days. We went back and changed the reservation to keeping this configuration the first night and then for the other two nights the people in the two standard rooms are moving to the two bedroom suite. I'll be able to take pictures of all three type rooms now.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #1305
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Well, KOOK!!

Could you go ahead and add me to the Logorail???

I have booked CR garden wing, standard view for our MNSSHP/Food & Wine trip!!

We will be there 9/29-10/2.

This is the perfect opportunity to give the CR a try!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: