Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #3286
BrentSD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
Well, if you figure 20 to 30 minutes travel by bus and then by boat, plus the fact you're supposed to check in 15 minutes before your reservation, plus wait times for the bus and the boats, I wouldn't leave any later than 4:30 and probably before that. You can always explore the area around the BBQ while you wait. If you have younger kids, there is a playground on the way to the BBQ so if you get there a little too early, the kids can be entertained.
Thanks again!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #3287
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentSD View Post
We leave for POR tomorrow morning! Can't wait to get there!

We ended up booking Mickey's Backyard BBQ for Saturday, May 18th...has anyone attended it before? If so, how was it?

Also, I've done some research and came up with the best way to get to the BBQ: take a bus to MK and then a boat Fort Wilderness Pavilion. I thought I would run that by the knowledgeable people on this forum to make sure that sounds right.

Thanks!
Have a great trip! We leave romorrow. Looks like a nice week.

We have 2 friends who did the bbq within the past year and both really enjoyed it. The only negative they mentioned was it was hot. Their kids want to do it again.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #3288
lillykat
DIS Veteran

We leave tomorrow. Does anyone need us to try and check on anything for them if we get a chance? Would love to help someone else since everyone here was so helpful. We will have a royal guest room.

Also does anyone know if the gift shop at POR carries those small metal crowns they use at BBB. Last time my older DD wasn't three, so I got one in the poly gift shop that she wore all week. Would like to get them for the girls to wear during the week.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #3289
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
Well, if you figure 20 to 30 minutes travel by bus and then by boat, plus the fact you're supposed to check in 15 minutes before your reservation, plus wait times for the bus and the boats, I wouldn't leave any later than 4:30 and probably before that. You can always explore the area around the BBQ while you wait. If you have younger kids, there is a playground on the way to the BBQ so if you get there a little too early, the kids can be entertained.
That seems like MORE than enough time. We really must've lucked out because it was a quick bus ride to MK from POR and the boat was like, at most 20min. We had a lot of time to hang around FW. But is is better to be safe than sorry. Like somebody else mentioned, the buses go under the Lagoon and you can see that from the boats! Pretty cool. Also, take mosquito spray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
We leave tomorrow. Does anyone need us to try and check on anything for them if we get a chance? Would love to help someone else since everyone here was so helpful. We will have a royal guest room.

Also does anyone know if the gift shop at POR carries those small metal crowns they use at BBB. Last time my older DD wasn't three, so I got one in the poly gift shop that she wore all week. Would like to get them for the girls to wear during the week.
Fairly sure they have those crowns. Most all the shops do and POR has a nice shop. We got a really nice crown for DD in Germany at the crystal store. It was beautiful and I think it was like 30.00, which seems like a lot, but it is all metal and will last.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #3290
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
We have an 8:15 am reservation at Hollywood and Vine. Will we have any problem catching a bus to DHS from POR to make our reservation? How early do the buses start running? Thanks!
Anyone?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #3291
monicajonathan
Earning My Ears

We had an 8:15 res at dhs last trip and we caught the bus as early as a little bit before 7am. We got there in plenty of time.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #3292
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post

I think we are going to be near each other! We leave tomorrow too and have a Royal room Riverview.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 05-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #3293
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Buses start running around 7.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #3294
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
I think we are going to be near each other! We leave tomorrow too and have a Royal room Riverview.
We have garden view. Hope you have a great trip!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #3295
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Carriage Rides....Worth The $45 Price?

I would love to do this but "someone" in our party is a penny pincher.....I think it would be a perfect thing to do on our arrival day after all that driving......thoughts????

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #3296
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicajonathan View Post
We had an 8:15 res at dhs last trip and we caught the bus as early as a little bit before 7am. We got there in plenty of time.
Thank you!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #3297
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Two questions:

Are the new Murphy bed mattresses smaller than the trundle beds?

Is there a lot less storage/room for clothes without the TV cabinet?

We haven't stayed at POR since the renovations and were curious if we would have enough room for clothes for all 5 of us. Thanks!
Bump.

Someone answered about the storage but any comment on the Murphy bed?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #3298
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts

Bump.

Someone answered about the storage but any comment on the Murphy bed?
The info is on page 1 of this thread.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #3299
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom
I would love to do this but "someone" in our party is a penny pincher.....I think it would be a perfect thing to do on our arrival day after all that driving......thoughts????
Do what - you did not refer to what you wanted to do.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #3300
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara

Do what - you did not refer to what you wanted to do.
It was in her post title... The carriage rides. We did it once way back in the day once when we were staying at POFQ... I'd like to try it again and see what we think....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: