Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #2176
disd55
Mouseketeer

Hi new here! Staying POFQ about August 22-29. We are planning on going for a river view room. Any suggestions on room reccomendations?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #2177
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

I may get slammed for this but I'm going out on a limb anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccllap View Post

2. Planning an adult-only trip for me and my bf. He's paying, I'm planning. (Don't be too jealous... ) He said we could even stay at the Poly...I balked at the cost...and then I 'stumbled' on POFQ. I think I've been converted!!

3. We're going to be making plans on very short notice. In a perfect world, we could have booked already...but what with one thing and another, it's going to be a rather sudden excursion. As in, we don't know what dates we're staying YET all we know is WE ARE GOING.

However, this will be my bf's First Time Ever. Any suggestions on how to make it super magical for him??

thanks, y'all!
If he's paying and he's mentioned wanting and being willing to pay for the Poly--STAY THERE!!

Seriously. I love POFQ, and I've stayed there twice, but it's not the Poly (I've stayed there once) by a long stretch.

You will have a wonderful time at the Poly--very romantic, beautiful, and just magical. Easy transportation--you can walk to TTC and take the monorail to Epcot.
Again, POFQ is a great mod. I'd go again tomorrow. But it's not the Poly.
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #2178
AladdinToMy4YO
Earning My Ears

Move under Stars screen location?

Getting excited --- less than a month to go to our family end of school year unwind beginning of summer ramp up the fun stay at POFQ! Which end of the square is the screen for the outside movies? Thx!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #2179
disd55
Mouseketeer

Is there a jogging trail or if I want to jog say 1-2 miles should I run along the river?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #2180
AladdinToMy4YO
Earning My Ears

jogging trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
Is there a jogging trail or if I want to jog say 1-2 miles should I run along the river?
Check out http://www.portorleans.org/recreation.php where there is a link to a jogging trail map. A wonderful place to run!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #2181
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AladdinToMy4YO View Post
Which end of the square is the screen for the outside movies? Thx!
The other end from the fountain, nearest the river.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #2182
NatlTreasureHunter
Earning My Ears

Location: Lake Canuseemenow (a small lake village in northeastern PA)

Boat transportation between POR, POFQ, and DTD

I was wondering if anyone knows how the boats run/stop between the 2 resorts and DTD??? Do they on the way back from DTD stop at FQ first and then go to Riverside and then stop again? Do they go past FQ first and stop on the way back from Riverside? and finally on the way to DTD does the boat stop at the dock near DisneyQuest?
Any and all info would be great, thanx
Old 05-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #2183
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatlTreasureHunter View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows how the boats run/stop between the 2 resorts and DTD??? Do they on the way back from DTD stop at FQ first and then go to Riverside and then stop again? Do they go past FQ first and stop on the way back from Riverside? and finally on the way to DTD does the boat stop at the dock near DisneyQuest?
We've only ever stayed at POR but we'd get on the boat there, stop at POFQ and then continue to DTD. On the way back, we'd stop at POFQ first, and then continue on to POR.
If I recall, the boat stopped at Marketplace and then you could get on another boat over to the area with DisneyQuest. That may change but it's how it was last time we went.

I have a question. My ds collect pins and it's tradition to get one at every resort we stay at. Does POFQ have a resort specific pin or is there only the POR ones?
Old 05-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #2184
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

I have a question. My ds collect pins and it's tradition to get one at every resort we stay at. Does POFQ have a resort specific pin or is there only the POR ones?
The pins are for Port Orleans and are not specific to either Riverside or French Quarter.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #2185
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatlTreasureHunter View Post
Boats run from POR, to POFQ then to DTD Marketplace port. Disney Quest is on the other side, near the Westside port. You can either wait for the other boat or walk. It's around a 20 minute walk, between pictures and oohing and aahing on the way. On the way back the boats also stop on POFQ before heading back to POR.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #2186
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

In the past we've stayed at preferred rooms in the Values, Raratonga in Poly, and a BC room that wasn't too far from the elevator. I know there's no guarantee, but we requested a room close to the lobby for our next trip to POFQ. Since this is a smaller resort, do people tend to get what they ask for? I'll do a fax when it gets closer to our trip, if that sort of thing is still acceptable.

It seems like "pool view" is the only way to guarantee a certain location...? (i.e., the closest to the lobby)

We're booked for a standard room for now, but I really don't want to be in one of the furthest buildings from the lobby.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #2187
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
In the past we've stayed at preferred rooms in the Values, Raratonga in Poly, and a BC room that wasn't too far from the elevator. I know there's no guarantee, but we requested a room close to the lobby for our next trip to POFQ. Since this is a smaller resort, do people tend to get what they ask for? I'll do a fax when it gets closer to our trip, if that sort of thing is still acceptable.

It seems like "pool view" is the only way to guarantee a certain location...? (i.e., the closest to the lobby)

We're booked for a standard room for now, but I really don't want to be in one of the furthest buildings from the lobby.
As folks have mentioned POFQ has a great layout, even the rooms close to the river are not a far walk. We stayed in building 4 which was adjacent to the food court and lobby and a short walk to the bus stop.

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
Old 05-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #2188
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post

We stayed in building 7 one time and it is one of the building the furthest away from the lobby and it still was an easy walk to the lobby and food court. There is even a short cut over to the buses.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #2189
amandals2007
DIS Veteran

Agreed the resort is so small no where is too far. We still ask for building four as its out favorite location but anywhere is nice
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #2190
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Since building seven appears to be the closest to POR I was thinking of requesting that. If nothing is a very far walk from there to the facilities of POFQ then it seems like it would be the best plan for us. My 9 year old son is a pool slide junky and loves the one at Riverside. He's not going to be too impressed with the one at POFQ so I was thinking if we stayed in building seven we wouldn't have too bad a walk to the Riverside feature pool. Other than the pool I think we'll be happy with everything else at POFQ so I am hoping to just have that little edge to walk over to POR to swim.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: