Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #2911
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Totally understand that, but on this adventure it would just be mom. A gift to myself, because at home I am never without a child
You deserve it! Good 4 ya! Maybe some day I'll take the plunge with the dolphins as well.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #2912
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeimabe View Post
I have read every page of this thread over the last few days and enjoyed everyone's excitement over the free dining. I'm going with extended family in Oct. on a bounceback offer (not as good as free dining but it helps-got POFQ for 139.00 per night including tax) My offer starts on Oct. 20th but we are flying in on the 19th and getting room only. I asked the CM if I could get my park tickets from my package on the 19th when I arrive and was told no that it would begin with my bounce back package on the 20th and they could not be picked up before. I called back and asked a different CM and they said the same thing.
I saw on this thread it could be done but I've had 3 different CM's tell me park tickets cannot be picked up til the package begins. Do you think they've changed this and it can no longer be done? Has anyone been able to do it recently? I have lots of faith in you Diser's and know you info. is usually spot on. I don't post much but I lurk ALOT. LOL.
I am planning on doing the same thing 3 days before my package begins. It is a little worrisome when all the CM's tell you it can't be done, but Cheshire Figment, an expert on Disney tickets, has a sticky with all the up-to-date info. According to him, tickets can be picked up 3 days before a package begins at Guest Relations in DD or parks (not water parks, though). The sticky even has step by step computer instructions in case the person at GR doesn't know how to go about doing this. As far as I can tell, people have been successful, but not sure how recently. I'd love to hear from someone who has done this recently.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #2913
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

I'm booked AS Movies pref for Sept 14-21 with QSDP, but planning on upgrading to DDP once I have plane tickets etc. Just priced out moderates with standard room and it would only be $100 more than the pkg with upgrade. Would I have to make changes before the July 31st date, or can I make changes to resort and dining without losing the free dining as long as it's before the 45 day mark?

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #2914
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Just wondering if anyone has done Dolphins in Depth at Epcot? It's on my bucket list.
Looks like I'm late to the party again! Never have, but I would LOVE to do this! I wish it wasn't so expensive!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #2915
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Awesome! Thank you! I was really hoping to spend a half day at a park because it is going to be a short trip. Hoping to catch Fantasmic that night!
And a big welcome to you. You've read every page? I'm impressed, that's quite a lot of reading.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #2916
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post

Looks like I'm late to the party again! Never have, but I would LOVE to do this! I wish it wasn't so expensive!
Me either. I've done keys to the kingdom twice, but the dolphins would be a blast.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #2917
TurkA77
Mouseketeer

I feel lazy not just looking around, but Im just too tired to find the answer, my question is this:

I am planning a trip around 11/5-11/11. The free dining offer i got runs from 10/18-10/31 and 11/11-11/23. Am I just SOL, or because the last day of my trip is still during that time, can I still get the free dining? Thanks in advance for the responses.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #2918
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkA77 View Post
I feel lazy not just looking around, but Im just too tired to find the answer, my question is this:

I am planning a trip around 11/5-11/11. The free dining offer i got runs from 10/18-10/31 and 11/11-11/23. Am I just SOL, or because the last day of my trip is still during that time, can I still get the free dining? Thanks in advance for the responses.
Nope- your check IN date has to fall during the promo. So you'd either have to arrive on 10/31 or wait until 11/11.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #2919
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

And a big welcome to you. You've read every page? I'm impressed, that's quite a lot of reading.
LOL yes! Tells you how obsessed I am! And husband does not get into planning Disney trips so I'm really glad to have found some kindred spirits)))
Old 05-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #2920
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LOL yes! Tells you how obsessed I am! And husband does not get into planning Disney trips so I'm really glad to have found some kindred spirits)))
I love your Jasmine pic!

Speaking of husbands, tonight I walked in after dinner to find mind playing Epic Mickey w/my little guy, with the Little Mermaid CD blasting (and singing "Part of Your World" might I add), ending up in a rousing discussion over dessert about costumes for MNSSHP, whether we should go as individuals or do a group thing.

So in a way, consider yourself blessed, because sometimes people here get so worked up over pending Disney trips, it can be very difficult to get anything done.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #2921
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post

I love your Jasmine pic!

Speaking of husbands, tonight I walked in after dinner to find mind playing Epic Mickey w/my little guy, with the Little Mermaid CD blasting (and singing "Part of Your World" might I add), ending up in a rousing discussion over dessert about costumes for MNSSHP, whether we should go as individuals or do a group thing.

So in a way, consider yourself blessed, because sometimes people here get so worked up over pending Disney trips, it can be very difficult to get anything done.
Sounds like a fun evening!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #2922
glimmerman76
Earning My Ears

First Time post

posted in wrong place sorry
Old 05-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #2923
TSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneDisFan View Post
I'm booked AS Movies pref for Sept 14-21 with QSDP, but planning on upgrading to DDP once I have plane tickets etc. Just priced out moderates with standard room and it would only be $100 more than the pkg with upgrade. Would I have to make changes before the July 31st date, or can I make changes to resort and dining without losing the free dining as long as it's before the 45 day mark?
Not sure how long you have to change your package but we also were going to stay value in Sept(pop) but I booked POFQ standard room instead and it was only 170 difference for entire week ( we wanted reg dining plan).
Old 05-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #2924
Mattressman
Earning My Ears

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #2925
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Me either. I've done keys to the kingdom twice, but the dolphins would be a blast.
Do I hear the makings of a group trip?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: