facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #196
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
QOTD: I was thin and skinny as a 9th grader...then my parents went through the War of Roses (bad, bad) for 7 years and I put on 100 pounds in one year!! I held on to that until my first year of college...i lost it all in 9 months, just being away from the drama made such a difference!

Okay, it's time for me to get ANGRY!!! I have been sitting at 197 for over 2 weeks!!! I started perimenopause a little over 2 weeks ago, my cycle JUST ended after 16 days!!! I have not missed a day of exercise (completed 30DS and am on day 5 of Ripped), have had 2 cheat days but still kept my calories under 1200!! The scale is NOT moving! I guess I could go drastic and just eat spinach smoothies for a week, it's just crazy! My chest feels like I am about to have a baby! So heavy and tender! I will not fret, I will just keep on going knowing that my body will eventually catch up...clothes are all looser and my body is smaller so maybe I'm just still exchanging muscle for fat pounds...ugh!

CONGRATS ohmom on your 3 pound loss!! That is encouraging for all of us!!
I'm so sorry that the scale is not showing your hard effort! It's tough with all that hormonal stuff and it will catch up eventually. Do not give up! You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
First let me say I am soo sorry I didn't post a question of the day yesterday, Dang Work go in the way -- I did have on all set and ready go, same with today but I see dona took care of it.. I enjoyed being a coach and hope I did ok..
No worries, Michelle. You were a great coach! Thank you so much!

And speaking of coaching, we need some more folks to be brave like Michelle and give coaching a try. These challenges are much more fun for everyone when we have a variety of coaches so please consider volunteering. This week we don't have a coach so it's a perfect time to give coaching a little try!

Pamela, sorry about your class of misbehavers. It isn't a full moon this week but people all over the place are acting like it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I was not heavy in school but I wasn't toned either. I was soft. I roller skated for 6 hours a day 4 days a week, just for fun not for competition. And after I turned 18 I was a the Navy club 4 nights a week doing line dancing.

I was 120 when I got married (at 19 yrs old) and 145 by the time we got back from Hawaii a year later. I stopped skating and dancing, DH isn't much of a dancer. And I didn't appreciate Hawaii for what it had. I should have walked more.
Ooo a whole year of honeymooning in Hawaii -- lucky you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Hello all...well we got back late Wednesday from a week at Disney and it was the worst weather we have ever had

We had Tsunami's the first 4 days then cool weather and clouds the majority of the rest of our trip...never even got into the 80's. my one goal was to NOT gain weight but I gained 3 lbs and to make it worse my DH lost weight!! Only got a glimpse of the Everest racers on Saturday night...had hoped to go over and watch some of the race but did not get back from DTD soon enough....hope all those running had a great race"!!!

My DH ordered me the new Fitbit Flex for Mother's Day but it won't ship till the 22nd can't wait to get it and see how terrible my stats are! Hope it will be a good motivator....

Well I am going to try and catch up on the thread and see how everyone has been!
Sorry you had bad weather for your trip, Jen. A bad day at WDW beats a good day at work every time in my book. How did you like AKL? Did you try Boma or Sanaa? I love it there.

canadakath, hope those vacation pounds go away soon.
I'm doing the Princess 2014, too.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #197
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good evening everyone. My kids took their AP exam on Wed so 4 out of my 5 classes are pretty much done for the rest of the year. Now I just have to keep them busy for the next 5 weeks.

I don't think any has volunteered for coaching this week so I will post Friday's question. I can't get on in the morning so I can do Friday's tonight.

Friday Question of the Day

Were you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?

I was a lot lighter in high school but not as thin as when I finished college but I thought I was much too heavy in high school. What I would give to be that weight again.

Don't forget to send me your weigh in this weekend so I can update the front page.

HAve a happy and healthy day.
I was also lighter in HS. By no means skinny-but lighter. Wish I was still there.
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #198
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello all...well we got back late Wednesday from a week at Disney and it was the worst weather we have ever had

We had Tsunami's the first 4 days then cool weather and clouds the majority of the rest of our trip...never even got into the 80's. my one goal was to NOT gain weight but I gained 3 lbs and to make it worse my DH lost weight!! Only got a glimpse of the Everest racers on Saturday night...had hoped to go over and watch some of the race but did not get back from DTD soon enough....hope all those running had a great race"!!!

My DH ordered me the new Fitbit Flex for Mother's Day but it won't ship till the 22nd can't wait to get it and see how terrible my stats are! Hope it will be a good motivator....

Well I am going to try and catch up on the thread and see how everyone has been!
So sorry about the weather. Hope it was still magical!
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #199
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Yeah, I wish!! DH was on a sub so I didn't see him very much.
I'd like to go back and see the other islands though. We never left Oahu because we were broke and couldn't island hop.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #200
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Fri QOTD: I was probably bigger than average but I do have a larger frame. I now realize I was probably thin just taller and broader shoulders, a more athletic build. I did show my belly w a crop top I wore sometimes so it must not have been that bad. I always felt bigger and felt like I had a bigger chest than other girls.

Here's a funny story. Couple yrs ago I was cleaning out some old stuff and found a bra. It was a pretty lace forest green bra but It was tiny compared to what I am now (36c vs 34F now). I held it and stared at it - then went to my husband. I wasn't thinking anything bad. I was wondering if it was his moms. She had done lots of remodeling and had left clothes at our house before. He said "that's yours - you wore it w a forest green sweater forever ago". Oops . It's funny that bra looked so tiny now!!

QOTD today. Well I'm a bit sick. Low fever last night and just feel tired today. I was able to skip the family breakfast taco run which thanks to lack of appetite that was good. But dh went to the farmers market and got this delish raisin and walnut bread a local baker makes. Once I ate the whole loaf over the weekend omg.

I had planned on going to a local antiquing town but that's out. Hard to keep focused when I'm stuck in the house and bored and want to snack.

My son has his first theater performance tonight so hopefully ill be able to go to that.

I did great w my workouts this week but feel bummed I'm sick now. Had a 3 lb loss sine the 1st. Woohoo. Hope to keep the momentum going.
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #201
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy Saturday friends! Busy, busy day here for us! Just returning home from DD's visit to the hairdresser for PROM hair! Looks lovely, of course.

Keeping on track here with food, but exercise, as usual, has been lacking. I need to change that THIS WEEK! We are at the 13 day mark away from our trip and I would love to be down another 4 pounds... but that is unlikely, so I'll be happy with another 2!!

Lunch is ready (homemade pea soup!), my folks are here to see DD go to Prom and to help with some yardwork, so I've gotta dash! Hopefully I can pop on to chat tonight after dinner!........................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #202
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac
Good Saturday morning everyone. It is pretty quiet here this morning.

Question of the Day

The weekend is here.

What do you have planned to help you on your journey?

What do you have planned to have some fun this weekend?

If it doesn't start raining we are going to get some plant for a bed dh planted last weekend. I am also going out to get some new yarn. I picked up some last week for a scarf and I hate the color it is turning into as I knit.

I am going to clean out the frig and go shopping to get things to make next week healthy.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day. Ds2 came home for the weekend and relax since he just finished exams last week. He is a grad student so he had a presentation last week and a take home test and then he had was grading some tests for the professor he works for. Ds1 and his gf came over for dinner last night but I don't expect to see them the rest of the weekend.

I visited with my parents on Wed. I took them to lunch with some relatives to celebrate their 59th wedding anniv. I gave her some cards, a flowers and a plant for their anniv and Mother's Day so I can stay home tomorrow.

Have a happy and healthy day
Well I had planned on unpacking from out trip and getting some cleaning done and grocery shopping but have only made it out of bed long enough to drive to McDonalds to grab lunch

Do need to get groceries as there is nothing here and need to get something for my mom for Mother's Day

Someone please get me motivated !!!

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #203
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711

I'm so sorry that the scale is not showing your hard effort! It's tough with all that hormonal stuff and it will catch up eventually. Do not give up! You can do this!

No worries, Michelle. You were a great coach! Thank you so much!

And speaking of coaching, we need some more folks to be brave like Michelle and give coaching a try. These challenges are much more fun for everyone when we have a variety of coaches so please consider volunteering. This week we don't have a coach so it's a perfect time to give coaching a little try!

Pamela, sorry about your class of misbehavers. It isn't a full moon this week but people all over the place are acting like it is.

Sorry you had bad weather for your trip, Jen. A bad day at WDW beats a good day at work every time in my book. How did you like AKL? Did you try Boma or Sanaa? I love it there.
We LOVED AK
Our room was on the 5th floor of Jambo house and we had an amazing view. There were giraffes and zebras outside every morning!
We had breakfast at Boma...it was good but seems the buffets are about the same.
Did have dinner at Be Our Guest and that was really good. We were seated in the west wing and the kids loved it
They loved Gastons tavern too but was kinda surprised that the ongoing construction in fantasyland was in between belles village and dumbos circus.....you have to walk around the construction to get from one to the other.
Can't wait to go back when the rest is done!
The other thing that surprised me was how small and cramped the area that was Belles village and the new mermaid area was. They are together which does not make sense but oh well

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #204
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac;48363905[SIZE="5"
Question of the Day

The weekend is here.

What do you have planned to have some fun this weekend?[/SIZE]

I have to work this weekend and hopefully I wont get cancelled for my extra shift I signed up for on Tuesday!! My DD is picking up my sister from the airport today and taking her to my parents house where they will celebrate Mothers Day on Sunday. DD & I will go back up on Wednesday for the big celebration!!

Today I am working out in my yard and raking up the grass I cut yesterday. Then a nice weekend at work! Looking forward to sticking on my diet while I am at work (much easier than when I am home all day) Our weather is about to get rainy so I am glad I have time before work to get finished up in the yard.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #205
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

What do I have planned for the weekend....well, it largley depends on the weather!!

I've been shopping and bought ingredients to make huge amounts of chilli and bolognaise for the freezer, so that should help me on my way, and I'm planning exercise for tomorrow.

If the weather is good, OH and I are planning on getting our bikes out and going somewhere (I'm hoping I can manage 10 miles). If the weather is not good, I'm going to go to the gym for an hour or so and see what I can get up to there!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, but managing to stay on track. Looking forward to seeing some colours on the first page soon.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #206
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Hi Everybody!

Sorry that I haven't been very active on the thread. I lurk almost daily, but I'm in my last couple of weeks of school (finished May 23!), so things have been a little chaotic at home and in the classroom. Right now I am finally getting around to rotating my closets for spring/summer, since Minnesota weather people are telling me that we are going to (finally) have a warm week!

I haven't been exercising as well as I should, but I was still able to report a 1.4 pound loss. If I can do that again I'll be down into the next decade pretty quickly here!

I'm scheduling myself for an early morning run tomorrow before heading off to celebrate Mother's Day with both my boyfriend's mom and mine. I'll try to make good choices!

Thanks for being such a motivating group! I'm glad to hear of your successes, and I look forward to responding more personally to each of you once life slows down a little bit!

Have a great second half to your weekend!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #207
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post

They sound small enough to properly socialize, playing with them with simple things at first-- little kittens like things like pipe cleaners and ribbon--stuff that won't scare them. Also having a tv or radio on will help and as much handling as you can manage. They are lucky to have found you guys! As far as weaning goes the mom will do that when they are ready, it helps to mix canned food with water for mom and leaving whats left over out so they can walk through it, clean it off their paws etc. It's best also to have mama on kitten food when nursing. The smaller size of the food help to wean them as well. Thanks for doing a good thing and tell your husband thanks too.
She's probably not pregnant yet but can go into heat as soon as the kittens are 4 weeks or so. I think Misty is coming down off a heat, she was getting really affectionate and meowy and I did notice some wetness, but she's so concerned about the kittens there's no way she would leave the kittens no matter how strong the urge. She just kind of bore with it and I have to make an appointment for her soon but I just don't want the kittens nursing on a Mama recovering from surgery.
Thanks for all the advice. DH is getting impatient and wants these things gone lol. But, they are too stinking cute!

Quote:

So sorry about the weather. At least you were at Disney I spent 3 hours today at soccer games in 48 degree weather!
What a great Mother's Day gift!! I've heard good things about the FitBit, so enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post

Great news today! I have lost the weight I gained last month!! And my sister is flying in from ID to celebrate our "Christmas in May" gathering at my parents house next week! Between birthdays and Mother's/Father's days, almost everyone has something to celebrate so we just have one big day of fun! Sadly the only one who doesn't have anything to celebrate is my DD, so we call her gifts "pitty presents" She loves it and play's it up!

Now I am off to work in the yard and get some gardening in before the rain sets in this weekend! Have a great night everyone!
Congrats on the loss and have a great celebration with your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post

Well I haven't been able to get rid of those two pounds form Chicago, so my first weigh in won't be great. But I had a really good eating day (always easier when I'm busy running around town or at home and not sitting at my desk at work) and am planning a good run in the morning. DH (and the boys) got me a GPS watch for Mother's Day (I got it today since I won't see much of DH for a while because of his work schedule) so I plan on trying it out. I had the RunKeeper app on my phone but my phone's GPS was crap and rarely worked. OK when I was just running up to 5 k last year in my first year of running, but this year I am working on 10 k and also hoping to run the Princess Half Marathon in 2014. I need to start mapping out some longer distance runs in my neighbourhood and figuring out a good pace.

Hoping for a better weigh in result next week.
Congratulations to all the "losers" and maintainers this week!
Enjoy your gps watch! My brother-in-law runs a lot and uses one. It's a Garmin and really cool!

Quote:

Question of the Day

The weekend is here.

If it doesn't start raining we are going to get some plant for a bed dh planted last weekend. I am also going out to get some new yarn. I picked up some last week for a scarf and I hate the color it is turning into as I knit.

I am going to clean out the frig and go shopping to get things to make next week healthy.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day. Ds2 came home for the weekend and relax since he just finished exams last week. He is a grad student so he had a presentation last week and a take home test and then he had was grading some tests for the professor he works for. Ds1 and his gf came over for dinner last night but I don't expect to see them the rest of the weekend.

I visited with my parents on Wed. I took them to lunch with some relatives to celebrate their 59th wedding anniv. I gave her some cards, a flowers and a plant for their anniv and Mother's Day so I can stay home tomorrow.

Have a happy and healthy day
Sounds like a great weekend!
QOTD~Well, I planned my menu for the week and went grocery shopping today. I just finished working out, also. For fun, I spent the morning and some of the afternoon watching DSs soccer games. Tomorrow we are going to church then to my sister's to cook out. Too bad the high is only supposed to be 54 After the cookout, we will come home to get DH (who will be sleeping all day after working tonight 7p-7a in the ER) and head to his mom's for a little before he heads back to work at 7p again. I think I will walk to his parents house while he and DSs drive. It is 2.7 miles and I can walk through our park on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Jill, you and Magdalene (who should be back from vacation any time) have inspired me to take on the 30DS -- I'm sure I will be glad I did it this last month before my cruise. Hang in there -- summer is coming, baby!
Yay! Have fun! I absolutely loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post

QOTD today. Well I'm a bit sick. Low fever last night and just feel tired today. I was able to skip the family breakfast taco run which thanks to lack of appetite that was good. But dh went to the farmers market and got this delish raisin and walnut bread a local baker makes. Once I ate the whole loaf over the weekend omg.

I had planned on going to a local antiquing town but that's out. Hard to keep focused when I'm stuck in the house and bored and want to snack.

My son has his first theater performance tonight so hopefully ill be able to go to that.

I did great w my workouts this week but feel bummed I'm sick now. Had a 3 lb loss sine the 1st. Woohoo. Hope to keep the momentum going.
I hope you're feeling better and you can go to your son's theater performance. Congrats on the loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Saturday friends! Busy, busy day here for us! Just returning home from DD's visit to the hairdresser for PROM hair! Looks lovely, of course.

Keeping on track here with food, but exercise, as usual, has been lacking. I need to change that THIS WEEK! We are at the 13 day mark away from our trip and I would love to be down another 4 pounds... but that is unlikely, so I'll be happy with another 2!!

Lunch is ready (homemade pea soup!), my folks are here to see DD go to Prom and to help with some yardwork, so I've gotta dash! Hopefully I can pop on to chat tonight after dinner!........................P
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Senior prom! I hope she has a wonderful night. And, hope you enjoy your day with your parents. Are the kids coming to your house after the dance?

Quote:
Well I had planned on unpacking from out trip and getting some cleaning done and grocery shopping but have only made it out of bed long enough to drive to McDonalds to grab lunch

Do need to get groceries as there is nothing here and need to get something for my mom for Mother's Day

Someone please get me motivated !!!
I'm sorry, I caught this too late. I would've been so glad to motivate you, but now that I've been running around for over 12 hours, I'm in some comfy pjs and relaxing. So, I hope someone else comes along to help you out

Quote:
We LOVED AK
Our room was on the 5th floor of Jambo house and we had an amazing view. There were giraffes and zebras outside every morning!
We had breakfast at Boma...it was good but seems the buffets are about the same.
Did have dinner at Be Our Guest and that was really good. We were seated in the west wing and the kids loved it
They loved Gastons tavern too but was kinda surprised that the ongoing construction in fantasyland was in between belles village and dumbos circus.....you have to walk around the construction to get from one to the other.
Can't wait to go back when the rest is done!
The other thing that surprised me was how small and cramped the area that was Belles village and the new mermaid area was. They are together which does not make sense but oh well
Sounds lovely! I love Sanaa and we had Be Our Guest for lunch in January. It is beautiful and yummy I agree that it doesn't flow too well right now. And, my family wasn't real thrilled with the whole circus theming. It seems out of place. But, we still enjoyed it. I can't wait for the mine train coaster to open to see what it's like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMickey View Post
Hi Everybody!

Sorry that I haven't been very active on the thread. I lurk almost daily, but I'm in my last couple of weeks of school (finished May 23!), so things have been a little chaotic at home and in the classroom. Right now I am finally getting around to rotating my closets for spring/summer, since Minnesota weather people are telling me that we are going to (finally) have a warm week!

I haven't been exercising as well as I should, but I was still able to report a 1.4 pound loss. If I can do that again I'll be down into the next decade pretty quickly here!

I'm scheduling myself for an early morning run tomorrow before heading off to celebrate Mother's Day with both my boyfriend's mom and mine. I'll try to make good choices!

Thanks for being such a motivating group! I'm glad to hear of your successes, and I look forward to responding more personally to each of you once life slows down a little bit!

Have a great second half to your weekend!
Congrats on the loss and I hope you have a nice weather week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I am all caught up for now. I am pretty worn out right now. I guess kids will do that to you, huh?

I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow in case I don't make it on. Enjoy the day

Jill
Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #208
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Friday Question of the Day

Were you heavy as a high school student? Or was it just your imagination?
Mostly just my imagination. I got a little pudgy in junior high, lost nearly 30 pounds between 9th and 10th grades and finished out my high school years at a very healthy weight (in hind sight). At the time I thought I was the "fat" cheerleader, but I've looked back at pictures and I was right in the middle of the group.... not the smallest, but definitely not the biggest. I'm sure I thought I was HUGE at about 130 pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Lots to do! Where are you staying?

We currently have reservations at All-Star Music at a very reasonable nightly rate, but DH would like us to change to staying at a local Hilton on his Hilton Honors points. The problem is, it is NOT the Hilton at DTD so we would NOT get Extra Magic Hours. Still looking at the schedule to see if we really need the EMH.

The mama is so sweet. She came out for wet cat food yesterday and DH put her into a trap. We couldn't get the kittens easily, so DH had to crawl under the mudroom and get them. We put them on our back porch off the second floor. It is screened in. (Also referred to as a "sleeping porch" in old houses). Anyhow, they are doing good. The mama lets us handle the kittens and she is just so happy to get attention and food She purrs like crazy. I think they must be 4-5 weeks old? They are crawling around and have tiny teeth. They are nursing (of course) and have no interest in food of any sort. The mama used a litter box, so that's a good sign. My sister is going to take a kitten and I have 2 other friends that may take the others. I'm working on DH to convince him to keep the mama. I just hope she's not pregnant again!

Awwwww... they are SO LUCKY that you are there to take care of them!

Okay, I am all caught up reading and replying. However, I have to run now. I have a stack of papers to grade so I can use all my free time tomorrow finishing up my IEPs and calling parents. Oh, and write my lesson plans for next week!
17 days left I'll check back tomorrow and this weekend. Have a great night!

Jill
Hope the lessons plans went smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
omg, i'm seriously afraid to be true and report the number i saw this morning. it was a dream...i can fluctuate so i know i must've been on the lower end of the flucatuation and so next week it maybe up a little ...but today i was

down 3 lbs!!!

i got to change my clippie!! i was only 1 lb away from that so i feel like thats real. maybe my growth hormone replacement is balancing my hormones out and my hard work is paying off!! with that said, last night hubby called and we had impromptu dinner out and i had two beers. so maybe some dehydration in my favor too. oh please oh please may this weight stay!!! and then down from there!

did we have one or two losers make it to ONDERLAND! cyber high five!!! woot! woot!!

WOOHOO that is wonderful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Okay, it's time for me to get ANGRY!!! I have been sitting at 197 for over 2 weeks!!! I started perimenopause a little over 2 weeks ago, my cycle JUST ended after 16 days!!! I have not missed a day of exercise (completed 30DS and am on day 5 of Ripped), have had 2 cheat days but still kept my calories under 1200!! The scale is NOT moving! I guess I could go drastic and just eat spinach smoothies for a week, it's just crazy! My chest feels like I am about to have a baby! So heavy and tender! I will not fret, I will just keep on going knowing that my body will eventually catch up...clothes are all looser and my body is smaller so maybe I'm just still exchanging muscle for fat pounds...ugh!
Welcome to middle age. The "peri" part of menopause is the pits. I was just a few months away from a full-on menopause (one year without a period is considered true menopause) and lo and behold guess what showed up, without warning, when I was AWAY from home for a weekend? I'll give you THREE guesses and the first two don't count. I know it was wreaking havoc with my hormones because my face was broken out and I felt BLAH. But I didn't realize what was coming! I wanna tell "Aunt Flo".....either be here or be gone! Enough of this irregular bologna!!

GLad you can see some positive with the clothes being looser. The scale WILL catch up eventually.... I promise.

Quote:

Question of the Day

The weekend is here.

Well, as I've already mentioned, it is PROM weekend for DD and my parents are here visiting. So we will have a small MD celebration here tomorrow between yard work, housework, and AP Biology study sessions! I don't plan on any big splurge meals.... I should be able to stay right OP for the entire weekend.

Dona.... enjoy your MD at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
QOTD~Well, I planned my menu for the week and went grocery shopping today. I just finished working out, also. For fun, I spent the morning and some of the afternoon watching DSs soccer games. Tomorrow we are going to church then to my sister's to cook out. Too bad the high is only supposed to be 54 After the cookout, we will come home to get DH (who will be sleeping all day after working tonight 7p-7a in the ER) and head to his mom's for a little before he heads back to work at 7p again. I think I will walk to his parents house while he and DSs drive. It is 2.7 miles and I can walk through our park on the way.

Have a wonderful MD celebration and GREAT JOB getting some extra walking in along the way!!

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Senior prom! I hope she has a wonderful night. And, hope you enjoy your day with your parents. Are the kids coming to your house after the dance?

Nope. I offered to host a party, but she really was concerned about staying up late and being overtired for her AP test on Monday.....so she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the party idea. I love that she is concerned....I just wish she would relax a BIT and have some FUN! Hopefully she is having fun RIGHT NOW!!!

Okay, I am all caught up for now. I am pretty worn out right now. I guess kids will do that to you, huh?

I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow in case I don't make it on. Enjoy the day

Jill
Thanks! You too!!

Evening friends! Leaving here in 3 minutes to pick up DD at prom. She rode there with friends, but they are partying after the prom so I have to pick her up. Guess I had better take one minute to google the directions!

I'll be back in the morning to chat I hope!....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 05-12-2013 at 05:22 AM.
pjlla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #209
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Woohoo!! down 2.5 pounds so far. I didn't really see that coming because I have been so off plan with food and exercise.
Now to use this momentum to keep moving forward.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #210
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Pamela DS16 is at prom too!!

I hope your DD had a blast!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: