Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #2896
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
The October - December free dining discounts for the general public are usually released in July, sometimes August. Most of the FD pin code free dining dates, if not all, will drop for the general public this summer.

As long as your check in date falls within the FD promo dates, you can have the discount applied to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.
I had written down the dates that you had thought FD would be available earlier last week. I checked them against the pin offer and MAN were you dead on! Some were a day in either direction but the spacing and weeks were correct. I def. bow down to your knowledge! Now if I could just get the pin and end this excruciating wait, I would be golden...lol. Thanks again!
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #2897
Janell
DIS Veteran

Where can I find the cost to upgrade from QS to TS?
Janell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #2898
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janell View Post
Where can I find the cost to upgrade from QS to TS?
There is a sticky at the top of this board.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2772063
Old 05-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #2899
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

I'm going crazy bc I just booked my trip 2 days ago and everyone got pins the next day. I know they are selective and I prob wouldn't have gotten one anyway, but now I'm wondering if my date will get one at all. It falls under the time everyone says is on the Pin. They ususally do come out later, but POFQ is POPULAR and always runs out quickly. Is it true that for every release like this they set aside a certain amount of rooms per group they release to? Like the Pins then Disney Credit then everyone?

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #2900
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post

I had written down the dates that you had thought FD would be available earlier last week. I checked them against the pin offer and MAN were you dead on! Some were a day in either direction but the spacing and weeks were correct. I def. bow down to your knowledge! Now if I could just get the pin and end this excruciating wait, I would be golden...lol. Thanks again!
You are so welcome! Hope you get the next set of pins :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #2901
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitRinny View Post
I'm going crazy bc I just booked my trip 2 days ago and everyone got pins the next day. I know they are selective and I prob wouldn't have gotten one anyway, but now I'm wondering if my date will get one at all. It falls under the time everyone says is on the Pin. They ususally do come out later, but POFQ is POPULAR and always runs out quickly. Is it true that for every release like this they set aside a certain amount of rooms per group they release to? Like the Pins then Disney Credit then everyone?
There should be a GP FD offer with most of those fall/winter dates and each resort will be allotted rooms for the GP promo. Some room categories may not be available, but POFQ will not be totally blacked out.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #2902
Janell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
There is a sticky at the top of this board.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2772063
Thank you!
Janell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #2903
Haileylyn114
Earning My Ears

We're booked for 11/17 - 11/23 at WL with park tickets but no dining plan. If free dining is offered to the general public for this time period, will I be able to add free dining to my existing vacation package when/if it is announced? I'm willing to switch to another Disney resort if necessary to take advantage of free dining but would rather not purchase a dining plan at all unless I can get it for free.

Also, who likes my chances of either free dining or a room discount being offered during my chosen week?!? Mr. Black? 411? Anyone?

Many thanks!
Haileylyn114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #2904
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haileylyn114 View Post
We're booked for 11/17 - 11/23 at WL with park tickets but no dining plan. If free dining is offered to the general public for this time period, will I be able to add free dining to my existing vacation package when/if it is announced? I'm willing to switch to another Disney resort if necessary to take advantage of free dining but would rather not purchase a dining plan at all unless I can get it for free.

Also, who likes my chances of either free dining or a room discount being offered during my chosen week?!? Mr. Black? 411? Anyone?

Many thanks!
Yes, this is what I have done for our past two trips. I book the room & ticket package and, when FD is released, I call and add it to our ressie. Hope everything works out for you.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #2905
gskywalker
Earning My Ears

Made the decision that we can't justify going to Disney for Christmas with our pin. It killed me, really wanted to use it, but 5k to spend a week at Disney with 5 million people and pools that are too cool to use just doesn't make sense, so instead we will take the kids to great wolf lodge for a few weekends here or there. I still really want to use it but its definitely the right decision not to spend 10 grand at Disney between sept and dec. Now if only I could convince my buddy to go to Disney with me in November instead of our trip to cuba or mexico.
gskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #2906
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARAMEOW View Post
I guess it makes sense since as smitch said they are the most popular right now. I really had my heart set on it, but the deal was too good to give up. I booked ASMo and I'm a little nervous because we have never been before. But it's still disney
ASMovies is great!...
We stayed there briefly last summer and had a ball!

buckeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #2907
Haileylyn114
Earning My Ears

Thank you, fingers crossed!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #2908
Haileylyn114
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Yes, this is what I have done for our past two trips. I book the room & ticket package and, when FD is released, I call and add it to our ressie. Hope everything works out for you.
Thank you, fingers crossed!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #2909
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer

I am hoping for a pin, I called last night and nothing, I know someone who works there and she said that they are done with fd, I hope she is wrong.
Going the first week in December.
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #2910
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy2529 View Post
I am hoping for a pin, I called last night and nothing, I know someone who works there and she said that they are done with fd, I hope she is wrong.
Going the first week in December.
Done as in with the PIN or done as in done with FD for the year??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: