Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #3271
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
We'll be checking into POR in 13 days! We have 7:30am reservations at Ohana for breakfast. What is the best way to get there? We will have a car if driving is the best option. We will be going to MK following breakfast. Thanks so much!
Depending on what time MK opens... we always take the bus then hop on the monorail... We LOVE to ride the monorail at least once while there so this gives us our chance to fit it in! Also we go ahead and ride it to the other hotels just for a little extra "sit down" time!

If you are going on the 24 the MK website says it actually opens at 6AM!!!! SO buses from the Disney hotels start taking you an hour before the park opens! You should be GOOD! However, if you are talking about going on the 25 they don't open until 9AM so that would not work you would need to take your car.

Last edited by splashmtnfan; 05-11-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 05-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #3272
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We'll be checking into POR in 13 days! We have 7:30am reservations at Ohana for breakfast. What is the best way to get there? We will have a car if driving is the best option. We will be going to MK following breakfast. Thanks so much!
Since you'll have a car, I would suggest driving to the TTC and either walking or taking the resort monorail to the Poly. Since your reservation is so early, there's a good chance you'll be close to the TTC and won't even have to take the tram from the parking lot to the TTC. I know many recommend not driving to MK because of having to park at TTC. We drove from POR to MK on our departure day (went to airport from MK) in Feb. Since we we arrived about 30 min. prior to MK opening, we were close enough to walk to the TTC. If you drive directly to the Poly, you'll have to move your vehicle after breakfast.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #3273
raider97
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
There's a couple of ways you could go...Resort to Resort is always the most lengthy prospect, unless you are going to OKW or POFQ, of course. I'd take the boat to DTD then the bus to Beach Club. Or you could take the bus to Epcot & walk to Beach club, but that would take longer. By car, it would be 10 minutes.

Incidentally, when we went to Hoop De Doo, it was faster (for us) to take bus to MK then boat to Fort Wilderness.
We are eating at Cape May again this year too. After messing with the buses last time, I think I am going to go with paying for a taxi cab.

If you take a bus to Epcot that would drop you in front of the park, right? So you would either have to be going to Epcot that day or have a park hopper to walk through Epcot to Beach Club. I think.... someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You can take a bus to DHS and then the boat to BC. I think this would be faster than going to DTD... we always have problems with buses from DTD.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #3274
BrentSD
Earning My Ears

We leave for POR tomorrow morning! Can't wait to get there!

We ended up booking Mickey's Backyard BBQ for Saturday, May 18th...has anyone attended it before? If so, how was it?

Also, I've done some research and came up with the best way to get to the BBQ: take a bus to MK and then a boat Fort Wilderness Pavilion. I thought I would run that by the knowledgeable people on this forum to make sure that sounds right.

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #3275
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentSD View Post
We leave for POR tomorrow morning! Can't wait to get there!

We ended up booking Mickey's Backyard BBQ for Saturday, May 18th...has anyone attended it before? If so, how was it?

Also, I've done some research and came up with the best way to get to the BBQ: take a bus to MK and then a boat Fort Wilderness Pavilion. I thought I would run that by the knowledgeable people on this forum to make sure that sounds right.

Thanks!
That's how we got to the Hoop Dee Doo Review, which is right next to the BBQ.
Pay attention as you get close to the Contemporary, the waterway goes over the highway at that point
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 05-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #3276
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would also drive to the TTC and just walk over to the Poly, then take the monorail to MK.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 05-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #3277
RandomLindsay
Earning My Ears

I can't stop obsessing about which section I would prefer... Mansions or AB... AGH!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #3278
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Two questions:

Are the new Murphy bed mattresses smaller than the trundle beds?

Is there a lot less storage/room for clothes without the TV cabinet?

We haven't stayed at POR since the renovations and were curious if we would have enough room for clothes for all 5 of us. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #3279
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Two questions:

Are the new Murphy bed mattresses smaller than the trundle beds?

Is there a lot less storage/room for clothes without the TV cabinet?

We haven't stayed at POR since the renovations and were curious if we would have enough room for clothes for all 5 of us. Thanks!
I was nervous about storage space too. It ended up not being a problem for us. Each of the girls took a drawer under the murphy bed. My husband and I had our clothes on the shelve in the "closet" and we all hung a few things. One of the girls also had some things on one of the shelves below the coffee maker and another on the shelf under the night stand. There was plenty of room under the sink and on the shelve over the sinks for toiletries. It worked out just fine, and that was with 5 people.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #3280
BrentSD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
That's how we got to the Hoop Dee Doo Review, which is right next to the BBQ.
Pay attention as you get close to the Contemporary, the waterway goes over the highway at that point
Thanks for the info and I will try to remember to pay attention as we go over the highway.

Dinner is at 6:30...what time should we leave POR to get there?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #3281
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmtnfan View Post
Depending on what time MK opens... we always take the bus then hop on the monorail... We LOVE to ride the monorail at least once while there so this gives us our chance to fit it in! Also we go ahead and ride it to the other hotels just for a little extra "sit down" time!

If you are going on the 24 the MK website says it actually opens at 6AM!!!! SO buses from the Disney hotels start taking you an hour before the park opens! You should be GOOD! However, if you are talking about going on the 25 they don't open until 9AM so that would not work you would need to take your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
Since you'll have a car, I would suggest driving to the TTC and either walking or taking the resort monorail to the Poly. Since your reservation is so early, there's a good chance you'll be close to the TTC and won't even have to take the tram from the parking lot to the TTC. I know many recommend not driving to MK because of having to park at TTC. We drove from POR to MK on our departure day (went to airport from MK) in Feb. Since we we arrived about 30 min. prior to MK opening, we were close enough to walk to the TTC. If you drive directly to the Poly, you'll have to move your vehicle after breakfast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
I would also drive to the TTC and just walk over to the Poly, then take the monorail to MK.
Thanks so much for the replies!!! We are going on May 29th with a 9am MK opening, so we'll take the car for sure. You all have been a big help!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #3282
Patience
DIS Veteran

We have an 8:15 am reservation at Hollywood and Vine. Will we have any problem catching a bus to DHS from POR to make our reservation? How early do the buses start running? Thanks!

Last edited by Patience; 05-11-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #3283
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info and I will try to remember to pay attention as we go over the highway.

Well, if you figure 20 to 30 minutes travel by bus and then by boat, plus the fact you're supposed to check in 15 minutes before your reservation, plus wait times for the bus and the boats, I wouldn't leave any later than 4:30 and probably before that. You can always explore the area around the BBQ while you wait. If you have younger kids, there is a playground on the way to the BBQ so if you get there a little too early, the kids can be entertained.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #3284
drinkme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomLindsay View Post
I can't stop obsessing about which section I would prefer... Mansions or AB... AGH!
Me too! We leave in 26 days & I wanted to do online checking & request a section.

I've stayed at both before but can't decide which one would be better this trip.

I'm thinking since we'll be there in June maybe I should request closer to the pool. I have a garden view reservation. Which bldg should I request?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #3285
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The concierge at POR told us to allow 90 minutes from POR to the Hoop-Dee-Doo, so I would imagine it would be the same for the Barbecue.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: