Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran

Please critique my touring plans!

My party is just two adults, DH and myself (37 and 28). Our trip is 9/21-/9/28. Please let me know if I'm overlooking anything that will throw a wrench into the following plans:

9/21, Sat: Get up early enough for our 7-8 hour drive to Orlando to arrive at Pop for check-in around 3. Settle in, rest if necessary, and go to Epcot for the evening. Le Cellier at 7:50 for dinner, and hopefully we'll get out in enough time to watch Illuminations before returning to the hotel. If not, we'll see it Thursday!

9/22, Sun: Rope drop at MK. Ohana dinner was booked for our whole week until after 9, so I made 9:35 reservations for now. We'll have a late counter service lunch at BOG around 2-3 to hold us over. I figure we'll take an evening break, come back in time to watch Wishes from the Polynesian beach, have our late Ohana dinner, and then take advantage of MK EMH from 10-12.

9/23, Mon: AK. We'll be too tired for rope drop if we're at EMH the night before, so I reserved Tusker House breakfast at 10:20 so we'll have time to make our ADR without waking up too early. There is an AM EMH at this park if we're so inclined, but I'm not counting on it.

9/24 Tues: DHS during the day, maybe rope drop. 11:40 lunch reservation at Sci-Fi. Leave in the afternoon to rest a bit and get ready for MNSSHP at MK in the evening. Hallowishes!

9/25, Wed: Free day-- whatever we feel like doing! Maybe spend the afternoon at Downtown Disney before our Boma reservations at 6:30 PM.

9/26, Thur: Epcot for Food and Wine Festival. No ADRs today. Rope drop is the plan, with an afternoon break if needed. Illuminations if we miss it on arrival day.

9/27, Fri: Another free day, with Flying Fish for dinner at 6:20 PM. We'll definitely explore the Boardwalk since we've never visited it before.

9/28, Sat: Go home. No plans for this day, but maybe visit MK one last time.

I haven't worked in Fantasmic yet because it sounds harrowing and we did see it on our honeymoon. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we missed it, though I enjoyed it and would definitely watch it again were it easier to access.

Let me know what you think! Is it a pretty decent touring plan? If there are problems, I want to fix them, so please let me know!

Moving to South Korea in August. Hoping my next Disney trip is to Tokyo DisneySea!
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Only issue that I see is that you will need to be in line for BOG lunch by 1:30 to make sure you get in. The time that they close the line varies usually between 1:30 and 2.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcghee2024 View Post
Only issue that I see is that you will need to be in line for BOG lunch by 1:30 to make sure you get in. The time that they close the line varies usually between 1:30 and 2.
Thanks so much! I will make sure we get in line around 1, in that case.

Moving to South Korea in August. Hoping my next Disney trip is to Tokyo DisneySea!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Like it a lot Jenny. Great idea to have some "free" days in there and some contingencies. Good work
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

I think it looks great -good job!
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
jendahl12
Earning My Ears

eep. I'm not getting paid by the word. I promise.

You WILL do fine!!

my .02 for what it's worth (okay maybe .015...;-)) and strictly based on my and my wife's style.

I surprised my wife (35) with her first trip there two years ago with about 6 hours to pack for 2 weeks (yes...there was a price to pay for that); I hadn't been there for about 25 years. Take everything with a grain of salt but here's my thoughts...we each travel differently.

9-21 - You can get into Illuminations, just not the best vantage point. I still would not miss either. The time seems a bit tight (to me anyway) if you want to ENJOY the meal and have a GREAT view of Illuminations on the same night. My best viewpoint has still been from youtube, being there though is great even without having the best perspective.

9-22 - Seems doable...depending on what each of you want to do inside MK. I'd personally be killed. This feels like it'd work though. Can you just eat ONE dolewhip though?

9-23 - Thumbs Up. Monday night options abound everywhere.

9-24 - Big Thumbs up!

9-25 - DTD is good, Boardwalk area with either a venture into Epcot or Crew's Cup, Il Mulino, or Big River Grille for lunch. Or even Fantasia Gardens for a round of mini-golf. Let me know how Boma was, I'm there a month after you will be. TIA.

9-26 through 9-28 - I'd be skinned by my wife if it didn't include another day at MK. Personally I like the stay near Epcot, as F&W is fantastic, as is the entire boardwalk area. My keywords anytime I am here though are de-stress and unwind and DTD/Epcot/Boardwalk fits the bill for me.

I don't see see any wrenches in there, Sunday may be a little rushed but other than that...great plan IMHO.

It's all about going with the flow. Run with it.

Last edited by jendahl12; 05-11-2013 at 04:27 PM.
jendahl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

I would somehow include more time at HS. Our #1 fave thing at all of WDW is Fantasmic... so without an evening at HS you'll miss that. Plus there are several shows at HS that you wont fit in with just a half day there.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

I know u have ADR's but AK closes so early, I would say thats a good park to go to before a MNSSHP since you will have to end your touring day soon anyway. And if u swap AK and HS you can get a full fay at HS.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Like it a lot Jenny. Great idea to have some "free" days in there and some contingencies. Good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
I think it looks great -good job!
Thank you both! I didn't plan our last trip, but I'm giving this one my all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendahl12 View Post
eep. I'm not getting paid by the word. I promise.

You WILL do fine!!

my .02 for what it's worth (okay maybe .015...;-)) and strictly based on my and my wife's style.

I surprised my wife (35) with her first trip there two years ago with about 6 hours to pack for 2 weeks (yes...there was a price to pay for that); I hadn't been there for about 25 years. Take everything with a grain of salt but here's my thoughts...we each travel differently.

9-21 - You can get into Illuminations, just not the best vantage point. I still would not miss either. The time seems a bit tight (to me anyway) if you want to ENJOY the meal and have a GREAT view of Illuminations on the same night. My best viewpoint has still been from youtube, being there though is great even without having the best perspective.

9-22 - Seems doable...depending on what each of you want to do inside MK. I'd personally be killed. This feels like it'd work though. Can you just eat ONE dolewhip though?

9-23 - Thumbs Up. Monday night options abound everywhere.

9-24 - Big Thumbs up!

9-25 - DTD is good, Boardwalk area with either a venture into Epcot or Crew's Cup, Il Mulino, or Big River Grille for lunch. Or even Fantasia Gardens for a round of mini-golf. Let me know how Boma was, I'm there a month after you will be. TIA.

9-26 through 9-28 - I'd be skinned by my wife if it didn't include another day at MK. Personally I like the stay near Epcot, as F&W is fantastic, as is the entire boardwalk area. My keywords anytime I am here though are de-stress and unwind and DTD/Epcot/Boardwalk fits the bill for me.

I don't see see any wrenches in there, Sunday may be a little rushed but other than that...great plan IMHO.

It's all about going with the flow. Run with it.
I appreciate your detailed comments for each day SO much! No, I cannot eat only one Dole Whip float. We only shared one last time and I vowed with the first bite, NEVER AGAIN will I share a Dole Whip! I'm afraid Sunday will be an exhausting day too, to be honest. If an earlier Ohana ADR opens, I plan on swapping for it.

We ate at Boma for our honeymoon. I'm a picky eater, but I thought it was fantastic, and it was one of DH's favorites. Highly recommended by both of us!

And don't worry. There's close to a 100% chance I'll find myself in the MK again before it's all said and done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor'sMom View Post
I would somehow include more time at HS. Our #1 fave thing at all of WDW is Fantasmic... so without an evening at HS you'll miss that. Plus there are several shows at HS that you wont fit in with just a half day there.
I do enjoy Fantasmic, but I'm one of those weird people who LOVES AK. It's my second favorite park behind MK. I'm a huge animal lover and I think the park itself is the most beautifully themed! On the other hand, poor DHS is my least favorite.

I think what I will do is keep our plan for AK that day, but after the Jungle Parade (which we've never seen), hop over to DHS for a CS dinner at Starring Rolls (also never tried, but the cupcakes look so tempting!) and Fantasmic at 8. I think that will give us enough time to line up for it. Then proceed to DHS again the next morning at rope drop as planned!

Old 05-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

Sounds like a good compromise. Spend time at the parks you know you enjoy and have a great trip! (And a starring rolls cupcake is on our list to try this year too! Just cant decide which one!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: