Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
Peepster

Earning My Ears

Yes, welcome!

Just wanted to add my two cents. I agree that Animal Kingdom gets a bad rap and wanted to say it's become our second favorite park next to MK.

Please do go...and remember, it's an adventure! The paths are supposed to be narrow and winding.

Have fun in all you do and please don't try to do everything...stop for the little things. The little things make the memories.

Auntie Peep
Peepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
jazbow
Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much! It's great to be a part of the community here. You have all given me great input. I had heard some negatives about AK, but after listening to all of your comments I think we will try to do all 4 of the parks. Epcot sounds fun, and we have actually been doing world history and geography this year (we homeschool), and I think it will be a great park because it will add to what we have already studied. I just want to make this a magical trip for them. From what I gather from your comments, AK doesn't need to be left out!
jazbow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Will you have hopping on your tickets? If so, I'd definitely start the 4 days at each of the 4 parks. Then, if you feel you've hit the high points of that park (for us, DHS is a half day park, and AK usually closes early), you can hop over to another. We love to hop to Epcot or MK in the evenings- we can sometimes not schedule any mornings at Epcot, but spend most of our late afternoon/evenings there.

If you aren't hopping, I wouid still plan on one day at each of the 4 major parks. Make 2 days "open to close" at MK and Epcot, and 2 shorter days at DHS and AK- you can spend those 2 evenings swimming at your resort or hanging out at DTD.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: