Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
SEA333
DIS Veteran

Splitting Party between two Parks?

Hi - I'm new here to posting here (although I've been reading for years!)and had a question. We just booked a trip for 5 days in the middle of November, but are only getting park tickets for three days due to our arrival/departure times. We are planning one resort/pool day on the day we leave, and Downtown Disney the day we arrive. This leaves us with the choice of which parks to go to. DS1 will be 13 1/2, DD will be 9 1/2, and DS2 will be almost 8. DD LOVES animals and her dream vacation is an African Safari. She would be really disappointed to miss Aminal Kingdom. DS1 and 2 really aren't into animals at all, would probably really like Hollywood Studios. My DH suggested that we split up one of the days and I take the boys to DHS and he takes DD to AK. We are not getting park hopper tickets - would we be able to do this as long as the boys and I only go to DHS and DH and DD go to AK for the day? Also, we are on the dining plan and would probably meet up for dinner later that day. Any suggestions for an easy TS location for us to meet? None of us are picky eaters and even 7 year old DS eats pretty much everything. We are trying to pick TS places that have more on their kids menu than the normal PBJ and nuggets. Or, would it be easier to meet back at the resort (Port Orleans Riverside) and do dinner there? Thanks for any suggestions!
SEA333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

There's no problem with that idea. The tickets are for individuals, they're not connected to each other in any way.

How about Boma for dinner? It's a buffet, so there's plenty of options for kids who aren't picky eaters, plus they can take the amount they want.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA333 View Post
Or, would it be easier to meet back at the resort (Port Orleans Riverside) and do dinner there? Thanks for any suggestions!
I love the quick service at Port Orleans Riverside. It has a lot of different choices and an awesome create-your-own pasta bar. I would eat there.

Meeting at the resort is always nice because of all the vagaries or travel around WDW. You never know how long it will take to get somewhere. If you are meeting at your resort, it's no big deal if one group is late.
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA333 View Post
Hi - I'm new here to posting here (although I've been reading for years!)and had a question. We just booked a trip for 5 days in the middle of November, but are only getting park tickets for three days due to our arrival/departure times. We are planning one resort/pool day on the day we leave, and Downtown Disney the day we arrive. This leaves us with the choice of which parks to go to. DS1 will be 13 1/2, DD will be 9 1/2, and DS2 will be almost 8. DD LOVES animals and her dream vacation is an African Safari. She would be really disappointed to miss Aminal Kingdom. DS1 and 2 really aren't into animals at all, would probably really like Hollywood Studios. My DH suggested that we split up one of the days and I take the boys to DHS and he takes DD to AK. We are not getting park hopper tickets - would we be able to do this as long as the boys and I only go to DHS and DH and DD go to AK for the day? Also, we are on the dining plan and would probably meet up for dinner later that day. Any suggestions for an easy TS location for us to meet? None of us are picky eaters and even 7 year old DS eats pretty much everything. We are trying to pick TS places that have more on their kids menu than the normal PBJ and nuggets. Or, would it be easier to meet back at the resort (Port Orleans Riverside) and do dinner there? Thanks for any suggestions!
You could look at any of the Epcot resorts and their menus. You and the boys could boat or walk from the Studios and your husband and daughter would just take the Swan/Dolphin/Yacht Club/Beach Club/Boardwalk bus from Animal Kingdom.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

I would suggest Boatwright's at Riverside.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

After your day apart (no worries about the tickets!), you could meet back at your resort. If you are exhausted and don't want to leave, just eat there. If you are up for it, you could take the boat over to DTD again and have a nice meal. I know you'll have been there already, but there are plenty of dining options to choose from. You can reconnect and share memories of your day!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
DisneyDude71
Mouseketeer

Or Chef Mickeys for dinner? Both take busses to Contempary
DisneyDude71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

I second Boma. Great use of aTS credit, it's a buffet with lots to choose from and you could easily take one bus there from both resorts.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
You could look at any of the Epcot resorts and their menus. You and the boys could boat or walk from the Studios and your husband and daughter would just take the Swan/Dolphin/Yacht Club/Beach Club/Boardwalk bus from Animal Kingdom.
I think this is a nice meet in the middle compromise and you can't go wrong with a meal in the area Sounds like nice plans for your family doing what they all like

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
SEA333
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

Thank you everyone - great suggestions! I was looking at both Chef Mickey and Boma anyway, so those sound like good options. Epcot resorts sound good, too, but so does going back to the resort so we don't have "timing" issues. We are surprising the kids with the trip the morning we leave so I can't ask them, but maybe I will get DH's vote. Lots to think about!

Thanks again
SEA333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: