Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Biergarten..not sure if I like German food?

We have eaten at many places in WDW over the years but never this one bc I am not so sure if i will like German food. I think of the August heat and heavy sausages and blah, the thought makes me sick. So..is the food good here? Is it heavy? What was your experience like? Kind of curious to try it bc my husband wants to give it a go and I read they are good with food allergies for my daughter.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #2
TheoDawg
Mouseketeer

Seasonal salads, Traditional sausages, Rotisserie chicken, Roasted pork, Red cabbage sauerkraut, Potatoes, Spaetzle, Schnitzel, Frikadellen(german hamburger), and Apple Strudel, Black Forest cake and Bavarian Cheesecake. Plus a fair amount of American food is available.

I've eaten there many times for lunch and never found it to be Heavy food. It's the GIANT BEERS that made my meal feel heavy. I usually do at least 2 plates mostly German food a bowl of Mac and Cheese, and a dessert plate.
3rd Trip-Apr 2007-Off Site
4th Trip-Nov 2007-Marriott Grande Vista-SOLO
5th Trip-Feb 2008-OKW
6th Trip-Mar 2009-POFC
7th Trip-Nov 2010-POR/Marriott Grande Vista/POP-Family
8th Trip-Apr 2011-POP
9th Trip-Sept 2011-Sheraton Vistana-Family
10th Trip-March 2013-Vacation Village @ Parkway
11th Trip-May 2013-Seralago Hotel
12th Trip-Feb 2014-The Fountains/Villas at Island Club
TheoDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #3
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
We have eaten at many places in WDW over the years but never this one bc I am not so sure if i will like German food. I think of the August heat and heavy sausages and blah, the thought makes me sick. So..is the food good here? Is it heavy? What was your experience like? Kind of curious to try it bc my husband wants to give it a go and I read they are good with food allergies for my daughter.
I hate sausage & sauerkraut but I LOVED the salmon,pork schnitzel was AMAZING & the cauliflower soup was great too! They have something for everyone. The vanilla pudding was amazing! If anyone has the recipe pls send it my way!

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

We've only eaten at Biergarten in August in the heat and I didn't find it too heavy. I don't even know what I ate there but it was all good!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I know I don't like German food!! I've been to Germany and struggled. I don't like sausages, I don't like sauerkraut etc.
I ate at Biergarden a few trips ago as DH wanted to go. I left completely full, if not satisfied. There were plenty of things for me to eat.
It still is not among my favorite restaurants, but if DH asked I would go back and know I could eat something.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

We've also eaten at Biergarten in August in the heat and we didn't notice it being too heavy. We do love German food, sauerkraut, sausage, red cabbage, all of it, but the food was just okay for us, this could be because we really love German food and we could just be picky with it! The show and the family style were the real draw. We said if it were just the two of us again, we wouldn't be repeat diners, but when we have kids or bring our parents and sisters' families, we would go again, mainly for the atmosphere and the convenience if you have a big party + it is a great show, lots of fun!

Everyplace we went to eat was very filling, but the heat + tons of water that we drank + the walking really helped with that cause! I think we actually lost weight (never thought that'd be possible on a Disney vacation!)

Also, I have to confirm that they are awesome when it comes to allergies. DF is has a pretty extensive list of allergies and the chef came out to talk to us and tell him exactly what was in the food and what he should stay away from or what he could eat. He also told him that he would make a plate for him in the back, since some foods get mixed in and spoons get swapped between foods.
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I hate sausages and sauerkraut..I loved biergarten..The Schnitzel ,Sauerbraten and rotisserie chicken were so good as was the salads .I left full but not overly heavy or nauseous
Old 05-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #8
hungrygreenhippo
Mouseketeer

I just got back and did lunch at Biergarten. I actually felt more full leaving Tusker House after a late breakfast/early lunch then I did at Biergarten, and that's not because I didn't like the food. Sure, there were a few things I personally didn't care for but overall everything was really tasty. I would have had a 3rd plate except that I didn't want to seem like a pig in front of my tablemates. I'm definitely planning to go back to Biergarten on my next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
I hate sausage & sauerkraut but I LOVED the salmon,pork schnitzel was AMAZING & the cauliflower soup was great too! They have something for everyone. The vanilla pudding was amazing! If anyone has the recipe pls send it my way!
I agree the salmon was amazing, which I didn't expect. I actually wouldn't have tried it at all except that other people at the table said they liked it. Cauliflower soup sounds yummy. When I went they had a beer cheese soup which was good as a dip for the pretzel bread, but pretty rich for a soup. Now I'm curious about the pudding. I skipped over it thinking that pudding is pudding. The German cheesecake was surprisingly good, especially when topped with the berry compote.
hungrygreenhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:32 AM   #9
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

It's a buffet. You don't have to eat just German food. All the food is good though. We make 2 trips to the Biergarten when we go to WDW whether it is for 4 days or 8 days. We enjoy the seating, show and most of all the food. My wife isn't a huge German food fan but always enjoys everything she eats. I always recommend the Biergarten to my family and friends that haven't been to WDW or haven't been in a while.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #10
alice99
DIS Veteran

We love Biergarten. This is one of my husband's favorites.

The food is delicious. I love the warm German potato salad. Yum!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #11
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice99
We love Biergarten. This is one of my husband's favorites.

The food is delicious. I love the warm German potato salad. Yum!
OMG, that is my absolute favorite!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #12
joxer1014
Mouseketeer

Regarding food allergies - the chef was AWESOME! All of the chefs in EPCOT are number one in my book . And there is plenty of "lightweight" food to eat. Go for it!!
joxer1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

thank you everyone, I made a reservation there for an early dinner. You all sold me lol! So is the cheese soup anything like Le Cellier's? I am actually pretty excited for the desserts

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #14
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
thank you everyone, I made a reservation there for an early dinner. You all sold me lol! So is the cheese soup anything like Le Cellier's? I am actually pretty excited for the desserts
It is similar.The pretzel bread is nearly identical
Old 05-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

My wife

is as pic an eater as you can fathom but she loves the Beirgarten! She actually asks to go back each trip. I love the food there as well and it is as close to the food I ate in Germany as I have had anywhere. Lunch is one of the more affordable buffets in the World!

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: