Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #151
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEKID58 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing love your tr.....

many thanks for reading along!! it's been great fun re-living my cruise through this report & pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseMarie526 View Post
Onboard! Loving your TR!

welcome!! hope you enjoy your stay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEYONCE View Post
Can't wait for the next update!

i'm going to try & get that done tonight! thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by labela View Post
I am so loving your trip report! We are going on the same cruise this November except stopping at St. Maarten instead of San Juan. It will be our first time on the Fantasy and I can't wait!!!!

It will be me, my DH and DD8 as well as my mom, dad and grandma! So four generations and a once in a lifetime trip for us as well!

We are celebrating 2013 as the year of our big "5" birthdays...45, 65 and 85 for my gram!!!

how wonderful! 4 generations!! that is so lovely!! you are going to have an absolute blast. there is something for EVERYONE on board the fantasy. the ship is absolutely beautiful.

this indeed was my trip of a lifetime too. but it was worth every penny. i don't regret it one bit as we created lifelong memories together.

happy early birthdays to all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cforsythe View Post
What a wonderful trip report you are completing. I am hooked!!

thank you for reading along!! i'm glad i'm just not talking to myself with these updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianJetsetter View Post
Hi emmebear, I was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions about the one bedroom suite? We are thinking of upgrading our Dream 4nt cruise for next year to a cat T from the cat V that we have booked. It will be an extra $2300 though....gulp!!!

However as we are from Australia I can't see us ever sailing the Bahamas again so we are thinking let's do it in style :-) I just want to be clear on what we will get for our $2300.

So we will have loads more room, a spa (whirlpool) tub in the bathroom with a tv in the mirror and the privilege of ordering a hot breakfast and dinner from the MDRs. Is there anything else we could look forward to? We would already have the concierge shoreside and lounge on the ship as we are booked in a cat V room.

Anyway if you can give me anymore feedback on the room and whether it was 'worth' it for you I would be very appreciative :-)

Cheers,
AJ

hello!

don't forget there are changing lights (blue & green) in the whirlpool tub in the HUGE bathroom!! the tub was so nice to soak in with the jets & the water got super hot. i loved it so much as did my mom who suffers from chronic pain.

but to answer your questions, how many is traveling in your party?? there were only 3 in my room. however, we had so much space to enjoy & relax in our rooms. i've read that people don't spend time in their rooms as they spend most of it outside on the ship but we spent quite a bit of time in our room as we had a huge amount of space.

over 685 sq feet plus a very large balcony. there's a king size bed, a queen size pull out sofa as well as a murphy bed. the bedroom can be completely private as well as the doors close on all sides of the room. the couch was also very comfortable as well. we slept great!

speaking of sleep, when you are in the 1 bedroom suites, there's a "pillow talk" program where you can chose between numerous types of pillows during your trip. they have a pillow for everything. also, the bathroom amenities are upgraded and you also have 2 plush robes as well as comfy plush slippers awaiting you.

it was really nice to enjoy the breakfast offerings in the concierge lounge while sitting at our own dining room table. having a table to sit & share a meal together in our own private space was pretty nice. i felt it was a complete luxury honestly. the ship was really busy for most of the day but being able to start our day with such calm & peace was amazing. we opened the balcony and let the ocean air come in as we ate. pretty awesome in my book. there's also two entry ways to the balcony as well. one by the living room and the second by the dining room table.

the extra bathroom in the hall was a nice touch as my mom would sleep in late & emme & i would get ready for our morning using the hallway bathroom.

there's also 3 closets, one being a walk in. my mom & i packed way too much stuff so being able to hang our things & also being able to see our clothes easily was a definite perk in my opinion.

the 1 bedroom suite was larger than my first college apartment. in actuality, you are paying for the extra space so why not enjoy it? it really did feel like a vacation as we were never in each others way, we had plenty of space to move around in & with that, it was total relaxation. i figured we were going to be together for 7 straight nights & 8 days & i definitely didn't want to be in close quarters with a very energetic 3 year old & my mom. we probably would have ended up in many fights or at least gotten on each others nerves. ha!

this was a vacation of a lifetime for us & we really really enjoyed staying in the 1 bedroom suite. it was worth every penny! i would love to do it again soon but my bank account is telling me no!

i hope that helps. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #152
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Hi emmebear,

Thanks for so many details!! It sounds totally perfect in the 1 bedroom
We are also the kind of travelers who like space. There is only the four of us but with 2 kids 12 & 9 I think having our own space will be just right for us. Usually when we are on holidays we have 'down time' in our room too so I am sure despite being busy with ship activities, that we will spend a lot of time in our room.

Did you order any hot food from the MDR? Do you know does this have to be arranged prior to boarding the ship or can we do this spontaneously on the day? (or night before for breakfast)

The coloured lights in the tub sound exciting

Do you know if the concierge will deliver beer to the suite....& if so do we pay for that?

Thanks again
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #153
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I'm terribly behind on everyone's TRs!

Lovely photos from the Enchanted Garden. It was certainly our favourite on both The Dream and The Fantasy

The tofu dish looks really good and so does the mushroom pasta, but I agree, the sauce looks a little "too" orange!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #154
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianJetsetter View Post
Hi emmebear,

Thanks for so many details!! It sounds totally perfect in the 1 bedroom
We are also the kind of travelers who like space. There is only the four of us but with 2 kids 12 & 9 I think having our own space will be just right for us. Usually when we are on holidays we have 'down time' in our room too so I am sure despite being busy with ship activities, that we will spend a lot of time in our room.

Did you order any hot food from the MDR? Do you know does this have to be arranged prior to boarding the ship or can we do this spontaneously on the day? (or night before for breakfast)

The coloured lights in the tub sound exciting

Do you know if the concierge will deliver beer to the suite....& if so do we pay for that?

Thanks again

i'm glad i could help!

concierge gets 2 happy hours a day. there is beer, wine & alcohol. if you happen to miss happy hour, the concierge team will gladly pour you a drink. i really wanted a nice cold pinot grigio before the captain's gala & they poured me a glass. also, the beer is kept in the mini fridges beneath the buffet hatch in addition to the water. i always took a few beers back with me so i could enjoy a cold beer while sitting on my balcony.

also, having access to bottled water is a luxury. given, you paid for all these perks with the high price of the room but having water whenever i wanted (and not shelling out extra cash) was really nice. i would get cases & store it in my fridge. we drank a lot of water on this ship. i remember getting 4 packs of water.

also the coffee machine was fantastic. our room was literally 3 rooms from the concierge lounge so we utilized the lounge A LOT. the food offerings were also very fresh & tasty & changed throughout the day. try staying closer to the lounge so it's easier to take advantage of all that they offer!

the concierge team was also amazing with my daughter. they made sure our fridge was stocked with her low fat milk as well as her strawberry yogurt. they also knew she liked pancakes & ran out into the rain down to cabanas to get her some pancakes. they were incredible.

in regards to eating the MDR dinner in room, i did not do that but i did ask. if i remember correctly, you can order day of. i really wanted to eat in our room but the meals in the MDR were really hit or miss so we ordered multiple items for each course. i also didn't want to miss out on the experience as each night was different.

in terms of privacy, there is a curtain that separates the couch & the murphy bed so you have three "bedrooms" within the room. the master bedroom can be closed off by shutting all the doors. i really loved all the space that we had. it was fantastic!

please feel free to ask me any more questions! i will try & answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I'm terribly behind on everyone's TRs!

Lovely photos from the Enchanted Garden. It was certainly our favourite on both The Dream and The Fantasy

The tofu dish looks really good and so does the mushroom pasta, but I agree, the sauce looks a little "too" orange!

thanks linda! enchanted garden was my favorite MDR of the trip. the tofu was awesome!!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #155
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=emmebear;48295695]i'm glad i could help!

concierge gets 2 happy hours a day. there is beer, wine & alcohol. if you happen to miss happy hour, the concierge team will gladly pour you a drink. i really wanted a nice cold pinot grigio before the captain's gala & they poured me a glass. also, the beer is kept in the mini fridges beneath the buffet hatch in addition to the water. i always took a few beers back with me so i could enjoy a cold beer while sitting on my balcony.

also, having access to bottled water is a luxury. given, you paid for all these perks with the high price of the room but having water whenever i wanted (and not shelling out extra cash) was really nice. i would get cases & store it in my fridge. we drank a lot of water on this ship. i remember getting 4 packs of water.

also the coffee machine was fantastic. our room was literally 3 rooms from the concierge lounge so we utilized the lounge A LOT. the food offerings were also very fresh & tasty & changed throughout the day. try staying closer to the lounge so it's easier to take advantage of all that they offer!

the concierge team was also amazing with my daughter. they made sure our fridge was stocked with her low fat milk as well as her strawberry yogurt. they also knew she liked pancakes & ran out into the rain down to cabanas to get her some pancakes. they were incredible.

in regards to eating the MDR dinner in room, i did not do that but i did ask. if i remember correctly, you can order day of. i really wanted to eat in our room but the meals in the MDR were really hit or miss so we ordered multiple items for each course. i also didn't want to miss out on the experience as each night was different.

in terms of privacy, there is a curtain that separates the couch & the murphy bed so you have three "bedrooms" within the room. the master bedroom can be closed off by shutting all the doors. i really loved all the space that we had. it was fantastic!

please feel free to ask me any more questions! i will try & answer them.

Thanks so much again for your insight I have decided to bite the bullet and book the suite!!! My DS11 has been quite sick with a virus for a couple of days and made me think...life's too short. Let's cruise the Bahamas in style Now we've decided and our TA has made the change to our booking I can't wait!!! We are about 4 doors away from the lounge I think!

The concierge lounge sounds fantastic!! My kids will love getting served....and they also love pancakes so fingers crossed they will get some

I think we too will want to eat in the MDRs just for the atmosphere! It's not every day we are on a cruise ship after all

Did you find there to be too much motion in the high deck forward room? That's probably the thing I am worried about the most. I will be sure to call out if I think of any other questions...thank you so much for your offer to help.

AJ
Old 05-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #156
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

My mom gets major motion sickness. The trick is to take medication like bonine or Dramamine (I prefer bonine) 24 hours before you step one foot on the boat. Then continue to take it. Also, make sure you eat enough @ stay hydrated.

That saved my mom as dinner at AP @ Enchanted garden were really rocky. I almost lost my dinner the first night as it was super rocky.

The boat rocked hard one time while we were sleeping. It woke me up but then I had some wine & went back to sleep. I did take a few bonines while on board...my mom took it every day & it really helped.

For the most part, I hardly noticed & forgot we were on a moving boat!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #157
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Excellent. That's what I was hoping to hear. I will definitely be sure to get some of the Dramamine and Bonine for our trip. If I can't get it here in Oz then I will get some once we arrive in the USA as we arrive a day and a half before we sail

Thanks again. Looking forward to the rest of your report!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #158
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi! Loving your report! I'm sailing in June & I love your reporting on the ship!

Your daughter is adorable - looks like everyone was having a great time!

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #159
Kaynic80
Earning My Ears

Hello. I have been reading along and have been enjoying reading about your trip. It gets me so much more excited for out up coming cruise in june. I was wondering about the overall temp indoors on the ship in the dining rooms, clubs, theaters etc? Is it comfortable or is more on the cool side? Just wondering as I am trying to make my packing list
Kaynic80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #160
Calimum
Earning My Ears

I have been having so much fun reading about your amazing trip! I love all the details, am learning a lot! We know we want a one bedroom suite and now just need to pick a date, they go so quickly!
Calimum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #161
Sereina
Mouseketeer

I'm loving your Trip Report and looking forward to more! What fun that you were able to celebrate your daughters birthday on this ship.

I was wondering, what lens(es) you used on your dSLR on your trip?
Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #162
southlake
Mouseketeer

subbing
Upcoming: Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, May '14
southlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #163
Cruzinmaniac
Earning My Ears

Wink

I'm checking for updates, like, every day! Your detailed recaps are awesome, love the pictures, they're gorgeous, and your daughter is so darling! Please more?
Cruzinmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #164
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi! Loving your report! I'm sailing in June & I love your reporting on the ship!

Your daughter is adorable - looks like everyone was having a great time!

thank you so much!! we had an absolute blast. you will too on your cruise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaynic80 View Post
Hello. I have been reading along and have been enjoying reading about your trip. It gets me so much more excited for out up coming cruise in june. I was wondering about the overall temp indoors on the ship in the dining rooms, clubs, theaters etc? Is it comfortable or is more on the cool side? Just wondering as I am trying to make my packing list

june is so close!! i bet you are excited.

we sailed late january/early february and the AC was cranking all the time. it was windy outside as well so i always had my hoodie with me. i thought it was more on the cool side but in june the temperature is definitely hotter so it might be on the more comfortable side. i would definitely take a light hoodie and some yoga pants or thin long pants....just in case. happy sailing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimum View Post
I have been having so much fun reading about your amazing trip! I love all the details, am learning a lot! We know we want a one bedroom suite and now just need to pick a date, they go so quickly!

the one bedroom suite was definitely pricey and totally worth it. i'm glad i sailed when i did as the same room is thousands more in warmer months. let me know which date you chose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereina View Post
I'm loving your Trip Report and looking forward to more! What fun that you were able to celebrate your daughters birthday on this ship.

I was wondering, what lens(es) you used on your dSLR on your trip?

thanks for the nice comment!

i shoot with a canon 60D and use a 18-135mm lens as well as 50mm fixed portrait lens.

i will be updating soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlake View Post
subbing

welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzinmaniac View Post
I'm checking for updates, like, every day! Your detailed recaps are awesome, love the pictures, they're gorgeous, and your daughter is so darling! Please more?
thank you for the kind comments!

i will be updating soon. i'm on a journey to become an ARNP & just started taking classes again. i work full time & am in school full time (i'm a mommy inbetween i think ) so i've been busy busy busy!!

i am hoping to update tonight with my palo brunch.

thanks again for following along.

i also keep a disney blog & photos HERE.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #165
Cruzinmaniac
Earning My Ears

SO looking forward to updates!

I am so looking forward to the next update...hint hint...no pressure though
Cruzinmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12020, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: