Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #511
fairfax
DIS Veteran

On our cruise last month, we saw a lady who had Barbie dolls that she'd pose in different outfits around the ship and photograph. And on a couple of occasions we've seen people (adults) who have a Duffy the Disney bear that they take with them to dinner and the shows, etc. in different outfits.

But the strangest thing has to have been when we were on the Dream last August, there was a lady who wore a headband with Pluto ears everywhere she went, carried a stuffed Pluto and also wore Pluto t-shirts every time we saw her. She also carried a large plastic bone which we wondered what it was for, until she was ahead of us in the character greeting line for Pluto and was using it to "tease" Pluto. Even my kids were speechless.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #512
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Note to self, don't drink the Kool-Aid
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #513
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairfax View Post
On our cruise last month, we saw a lady who had Barbie dolls that she'd pose in different outfits around the ship and photograph. And on a couple of occasions we've seen people (adults) who have a Duffy the Disney bear that they take with them to dinner and the shows, etc. in different outfits.

But the strangest thing has to have been when we were on the Dream last August, there was a lady who wore a headband with Pluto ears everywhere she went, carried a stuffed Pluto and also wore Pluto t-shirts every time we saw her. She also carried a large plastic bone which we wondered what it was for, until she was ahead of us in the character greeting line for Pluto and was using it to "tease" Pluto. Even my kids were speechless.
I wonder if the adoration from small children makes up for this type of disturbing behavior from adults. Poor CMs.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #514
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

On the Dream two weeks ago (got off the 2nd) Capt. Gus was giving his midday announcements and went into some great detail as to why he was sorry to report that the Mickey pool was temporarily closed for cleaning. He reminded the kids to not eat "too much hot dogs and ice cream" and to "take regular bathroom breaks--not in the pool!" It was rather entertaining...

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney WonderApril 19, 2015 Western Caribbean Cruise
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #515
JimB.
DIS Veteran

A woman wearing a thong bikini who should NOT have been wearing a thong bikini.
GATOR NATION RULES!!!
JimB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #516
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB.
Was it pirate night?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #517
TheHannas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
Was it pirate night?

Sorry couldn't resist.
Lol!!!!! Thanks

TheHannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #518
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit

Was it pirate night?

Sorry couldn't resist.
Really funny.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #519
CCGMatt
Future CM

On a recent Carnival cruise I was sitting at the bar in the atrium watching the glass elevators. I saw a guy wearing a robe get on one of the elevators with three ladies (who I hope were with him!). As the elevator went up, he turned his back to the lobby, threw open his robe toward the ladies and shook...himself...in time with the music playing in the atrium. No idea if he was wearing anything underneath but it was pretty funny to watch.
July '09 - Wonder, Bahamas; Feb '11 - Dream, Bahamas; Aug '11 - Wonder, Alaska; Sep '12 - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean; Sep '13 - Fantasy, Western Caribbean; Feb '14 - Magic, Bahamas; Sep '14 - Magic, Southern Caribbean; May '15 - Wonder, WBPC; Sep '15 - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

Jan '10 - Carnival Elation, Ensenada; Jan '12 - Carnival Imagination, Bahamas; Jan '13 - Carnival Destiny, Key West/Cozumel;
CCGMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #520
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGMatt View Post
On a recent Carnival cruise I was sitting at the bar in the atrium watching the glass elevators. I saw a guy wearing a robe get on one of the elevators with three ladies (who I hope were with him!). As the elevator went up, he turned his back to the lobby, threw open his robe toward the ladies and shook...himself...in time with the music playing in the atrium. No idea if he was wearing anything underneath but it was pretty funny to watch.
Lol! How did those ladies react?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Lita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #521
psimon
Will travel for turkey legs!
Welcome to the money pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGMatt View Post

---Paul in Southern NJ
and (Grandma & Grandpa) 8/15 OKW, 8/14 DCL Fantasy 7N Western and BLT, 8/13 Hawaii/Aulani and DL/VGC, 8/12 DCL Dream 5N / BLT, 8/11 AKL-K, 11/10 AKL-K, 11/09 AKL/BCV, 11/08 OKW, 11/07 OKW, 11/06 OKW, 11/05 DL, 11/04 OKW & DCL 5D Wonder, 11/03 RPH OKW, Dolphin, 11/02 DCL 7D Magic Eastern Caribbean, 11/01 OKW, 11/00 OKW, 11/99 SoG, 11/98 SoG, 11/97 SoG, 11/96 BI, 11/95 WL, 11/94 PO-R, 11/93 YC, 11/92 Poly, 11/91 Poly, 09/90 Poly, 12/89 GF, 08/88 Poly, 11/87 Poly, 11/86 Poly

psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #522
El Cid 94
Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. You can never do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less.

Bump... These are great
Old 05-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #523
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB.
If that's the worst you've ever seen...

To be fair, while I personally think things like spandex & thongs are privileges, not rights, I really don't have a problem with someone who's way more comfortable in their skin than I am in mine wearing whatever they feel comfortable in. Even if I don't really like how it looks...
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #524
BooToYou7
Earning My Ears

We just got off the Fantasy and were hanging out on Satellite Falls on one of the sea days (for those of you who may not know, it's an adults-only section on deck 12 (13?) on the very forward of the ship). A man and woman with probably a 6 year old girl came walking through and one of the drink servers mentioned to them that it was adults only. The woman said that they just wanted to walk the girl past the scenery at the front of the boat and would leave and the server said ok... Ten minutes later, they were still hanging out there. Another server came by and asked them to leave. This time, the man got upset, raising his voice and waving his arms. He spent about 5 minutes yelling at the server for asking them to leave... even though it was clearly an adults only section and they had been hanging out there for far longer than just to show their daughter the view. They did finally leave once the man stopped yelling.

We were telling the story to one of the bartenders that night and she said she had been at Currents, the bar beside the adults-only pool, and a similar thing had happened, but when the man was asked to leave, he swore up and down that Guest Services had given him permission to have his child in the adults pool. They ended up having to get the Guest Services Manager come up and tell the man that they couldn't be there.

We compared descriptions of the men and they were definitely two different people.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #525
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooToYou7 View Post
We just got off the Fantasy and were hanging out on Satellite Falls on one of the sea days (for those of you who may not know, it's an adults-only section on deck 12 (13?) on the very forward of the ship). A man and woman with probably a 6 year old girl came walking through and one of the drink servers mentioned to them that it was adults only. The woman said that they just wanted to walk the girl past the scenery at the front of the boat and would leave and the server said ok... Ten minutes later, they were still hanging out there. Another server came by and asked them to leave. This time, the man got upset, raising his voice and waving his arms. He spent about 5 minutes yelling at the server for asking them to leave... even though it was clearly an adults only section and they had been hanging out there for far longer than just to show their daughter the view. They did finally leave once the man stopped yelling.

We were telling the story to one of the bartenders that night and she said she had been at Currents, the bar beside the adults-only pool, and a similar thing had happened, but when the man was asked to leave, he swore up and down that Guest Services had given him permission to have his child in the adults pool. They ended up having to get the Guest Services Manager come up and tell the man that they couldn't be there.

We compared descriptions of the men and they were definitely two different people.
Amazing how some people think they're so special that the rules don't apply to them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: